Bestival 2012 - Non Headliners

Guest zeppelin

I read somewhere that Gary Numan will sub Hot Chip on the Thursday? Does anyone know what time Numan would likely be on, I am desperate to see the legend again. I booked the ferry (for 1.30pm on Thursday) and ticket not realising this so need to have time to get there and pitch before the master performs! Cant risk missing him!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that Gary Numan will sub Hot Chip on the Thursday? Does anyone know what time Numan would likely be on, I am desperate to see the legend again. I booked the ferry (for 1.30pm on Thursday) and ticket not realising this so need to have time to get there and pitch before the master performs! Cant risk missing him!

Love to hear some filthy electronica from Goldfrapp again, I would have though they were well suited to a festival like Bestival, and they have a new greatest hits album out now. Would be great to heart some of the older stuff again like Utopia, Lovely Head, Crystalline green and Black Cherry. I am not sure if they will be doing a greatest hits tour any time soon? Probably not

I wasn't right in the crowd for it, we were by the food stalls but the sound for us wasn't brilliant and we lost interest. Would have been great if Robert Smith came on for 'Not in Love'.

Big top would be insane though. Crystal Fighters should return as well.

I was right down the front for Crystal Castles, surrounded by Cure fans who had no interest in anything they played until "Not in Love" started, and even then they stopped caring as soon as they realised Fat Bob wasn't coming out. It really wasn't the Crystal Castles experience I'd been hoping for.

(And for what it's worth, I think Fat Bob sounds all wrong on that track anyway.)

I didn't mind Crystal Castles last year. That's to say, I tolerated them enough to get a great spot to see PJ Harvey and The Cure. I caused a domestic after they finished too. Couple dressed as dinosaurs came up to me and asked when Crystal Castles were playing and I was not too subtle in telling them that they'd just missed them. I think they left the island on seperate boats.