Bestival 2012 - Non Headliners

Guest zeppelin

So we're getting the Saturday headliner on Tuesday and a band a day until then :)

and since there's still quite a lot to be announced I wondered who else people would like to turn up?

Personally, although some might be too big for the slots left, I'd love to see any of these announced:

Kool & the Gang

The Gaslight Anthem

The Roots

Dry the River

even Status Quo on a sunny afternoon would be good fun

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jesus and Mary Chain wouldn't be headliners. Bestival is a major festival and those guys - despite being the greatest band to have ever walked on this planet - probably wouldn't get much higher than Spiritualized (no pun intended) on the line-up. Realistically, if they played, I could see them at sort of 8pm or 9pm in the Big Top with an audience of about 200 people. The same will no doubt happen to Spiritualized, unfortunately.

The reason I mention Jack White is purely down to the fact I'm clutching at straws with him releasing his solo album in April. I wouldn't consider him to be out of place either; he's just somebody I could see maybe pulling off a headline spot in the same way Gorillaz did the other year at Glastonbury; with collaborations and such, or at very least a sub-headliner spot.

Are Spiritualized in the Big Top? I hope so, they'll will work better in there IMHO.

Wouldn't mind VHS or Beta, Datarock, !!!, Dandy Warhols, Brian Jonestown Massacre, James Murphy & Pat Mahoney DJ set, Ladytron, British Sea Power, The Go! Team, The Aliens, Death in Vegas and Mercury Rev.

Mogwai, teenage fanclub, bmx bandits, gomez, low anthem, woodenbox and a fistful of fivers, aiden moffat, zoey van goey, naughty by nature, mioux mioux, lost in the trees, lemonheads, dan v pip, bloody beetroots, metric, dan mangan, explosions in the sky, hybrid, phoenix, air, kraftwerk, metric, jamie t, imogen heap, i am kloot, endor, the drums, manchester orchestra, heavy dials, hold steady, massive attack, yeasayer, woodhands, lamb, danny tenaglia, digweed, derrick may, derek carter, carl craig, felix da housecat, mr c, andy c, mel c (joke).

off the top of my head, more to be added.