Travelling to Bestival 2012

Guest Paul ™

Does anyone know what time the car park opens its gates on Thursday? I notice from a bit of trawling of the Bestival website that it says the campsites open at noon on Thursday, but does anyone know what time they'll allow cars into the car park from. Essentially we have very little money to book travel and are examining all options. The cheapest at the moment appears to be getting a ferry very early on Thursday and sucking it up once we get on the Isle. Just wondering if they'll allow us to sleep in the car, in the car park until Friday morning if it comes to it.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just booked national express from Liverpool, Thursday. Going via London, getting to Ryde for 3pm. Would have cost 65 each (including ferry) but i chose to do open return, so was a little more expensive. We are planning on staying in a B&B in Ryde on the Monday to recover before the big travel up.

Glad its sorted now, relief. :)

were caterers and entertainers THE CAMP COOKS and we will be going on the tuesday and staying till the following tuesday. Unfortunately our tow vehichle an old winnebago is probably not up to the job so rather than risk breaking down en route were looking for someone with a beefy motor to do the honours. We have a crew pass available for our driver and you would be look after with free food etc.

thanks wynnie

www.campcooks.co.uk

were caterers and entertainers THE CAMP COOKS and we will be going on the tuesday and staying till the following tuesday. Unfortunately our tow vehichle an old winnebago is probably not up to the job so rather than risk breaking down en route were looking for someone with a beefy motor to do the honours. We have a crew pass available for our driver and you would be look after with free food etc.

thanks wynnie

www.campcooks.co.uk

We've just booked national express from Liverpool, Thursday. Going via London, getting to Ryde for 3pm. Would have cost 65 each (including ferry) but i chose to do open return, so was a little more expensive. We are planning on staying in a B&B in Ryde on the Monday to recover before the big travel up.

Glad its sorted now, relief. :)

I bought the two below Megatrain tickets but am now getting a coach, so if anyone wants them, let me know and I'll e-mail you them. I paid a whopping £2.50 for the pair so they're free if anyone wants them:

Journey 1

Reservation for 2 Standard Passenger(s)

Price paid: GBP 2.00

Trip information:

Fri, Sep 7 2012

Depart London, Waterloo Train Station on September 7, 2012 10:00 AM arrive Portsmouth, Portsmouth and Southsea Train Station at September 7, 2012 11:28 AM