Travelling to Bestival 2012

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was about to suggest that. xD

I'm not sure what my girlfriend's doing yet for this festival (could end up/likely I'll be going on my own at the minute) but if she's not then I could fit some people in if you're around the East Midlands area. Not sure exactly how liberal Wightlink are for allowing more people in your car than you've booked though.

In retrospect, we should have acted on the thought of sleeping in my car sunday night. I have no idea how our faithful little 4-man pop-up tent got it through the night but I think when we got it back and aired it out (on one of the most blissfully sunny days you could imagine), it was more or less dead. It could probably be repaired but I'll wait and see. I'll get it out in April to check for holes and see if it's alright.

I know it's off-topic but that weather was fucking awful last year on sunday night.

Thinking about flying down to southampton on the wednesday.

Having a wee look on the flybe website, but I've never booked a flight before. Why is there such a difference in price depending on which time of the day you travel? By selecting the cheapest one and the largest bag allowance it seems to be just over £100 return for 1 person. But proces vary quite a bit by selecting different times on the same days.

The travel to the festival last year worked pretty perfectly for me i would say, although Joe might disagree. Left Leicester at 11pm wednesday night in the car, drive through the night and got the 3AM ferry, if money is tight, then its cheaper getting the early ferry. Parked in a field outside the car park when we got there and attempted to sleep. Although we were tired when we finally got in the site, we got a great pitch and was loads of room. Worked pretty well on the way back as well, hardly any ques getting out, or to the ferry in the morning and was back by just after midday. Hopefully the same again this year.

There'll be a few of us heading down from the East Midlands as well (Nottingham, Derby). Trying to work out how many and what cars we need at moment (I can only fit 2 in my C1)

Worst case scenario if there are too many people in the car they can pay to be foot passengers, which isn't that pricey.

Thinking about flying down to southampton on the wednesday.

Having a wee look on the flybe website, but I've never booked a flight before. Why is there such a difference in price depending on which time of the day you travel? By selecting the cheapest one and the largest bag allowance it seems to be just over £100 return for 1 person. But proces vary quite a bit by selecting different times on the same days.

I'm coming from the NE of Scotland but need to go via Manchester so travelling is going to be a bit of a pain. Planning to get the train to Manchester on the Tuesday, leave there Wednesday morning and drive down to catch the ferry from Portsmouth then hopefully stay at the Waverley campsite Wednesday night.

Booked my flights just now from Glasgow - Southampton, cost £100 all in.

Flying down Wednesday morning, staying at Waverley Campsite overnight.

And then back to Waverley on the Monday afternoon, then fly back home Tuesday afternoon.

:)