BOOMTOWN 2012 - ARCADIA CRASH LANDS!

Guest Town Mayor

Official Arcadia landing 2012 video link -

Strange scenes have been unfolding during this sleepy winter in BoomTown. A monstrous mechanical beast known as Arcadia Spectacular has crash-landed and seized a whole area of downtown BoomTown! With Glastonbury festival taking a year off this is an exclusive one off festival show this summer; BoomTown will feature the one and only incredible new Arcadia Spectacular; a fusion of post apocalyptic huge moving sculptures, pyrotechnics, light and laser extravaganzas, aerial trapeze shows and a gargantuan Soundsystem. The Arcadia Spectacular is an epic, mind bending, assault on the senses that must be approached with caution, the fainthearted have been warned!

9th - 12th August

Matterly Estate - Winchester - UK

Line-up coming 7th Feb

• 3 weeks later...

the arena is open plan - no border control between camping and the "town".

The spirits / alcohol situation is hard to define - there are rules on the website - maximum alcohol allowances etc (god knows why - apart from pushing the punters towards their bars) - which are enforced at random in my experience.

dunno if the bars sold spirits.

Like everything at boomtown, the price of beer has increased significantly over last couple of years.

• 1 month later...

I would have thought it probably would be yeah.... not really sure who else they would be making all the fuss about... to headline the town centre it's gotta be Ska really, so what could the alternatives be when they've already had all of the bigguns I can think of.

I've got all my fingers crossed for Manu Chao.... but cant see it happening.

the boomtown website says the secret headline acts are booked in the sunday.... If you're right about Specials playing Sunday at hyde park, does that rule them out.... They can't do two gigs in one day can they?

If so, I think Random_man has to be on the right track.....

I've been thinking its the Specials too - and that was exactly why I thought it could be them!

only others I can think of are Jimmy Cliff or Madness - Manu Chao would be fantastic!

I'd say all of those are likely to be out of Boomtown's price range, but it depends exactly how they've worked their line-up across the board.

Latest Update from the Town Mayor!!

- Soooo over 70% of tickets sold by April 1st - that is up 3 times on last year and is clear that everyone has invited all of their lovely friends to join in the fun this year.

- Loads more mutated vehicles currently being built in the boomtown warehouse, moving churches, jail houses the lot !!

- Outer space had been announced for the 2012 fancy dress theme - more here http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/page/boom ... s-carnival

- 15 more crazy venues confirmed in various streets around town - hunt deep into the depths of Oldtown, May-fair Avenue and Downtown and discover a whole array of new secret shenanigans.

- Arcadia are flat out devising their biggest show to date to include huge mushroom bombs, whirlwind fire shows and suspended artists

- Awesome new reggae stage in the woods - line up announced - http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/page/the-hidden-woods

- The town committee have been given the go ahead to expand the city into a huge lush new area which will be used for more camping, access to the town will be a very short walk along a beautiful wooded walkway

- The ever growing craft and healing field has expanded massively again this year with applications now closed, new additions including saunas, hot tubs, psy trance and chill out areas

- New street parties - the mammoth task of building these huge street sets has commenced, our set build team are hard at work in the boomtown warehouse developing and reconstructing downtown as we speak to include a whole area this year! more info coming soon

- The ultimate secret headline act is locked in for Sunday night - all to be revealed in July

Ladies and Gents, Boom Town is rapidly turning into Boom City and our 2012 fair is set to be on a whole new level of Madness!!! feel free to hit me up with any questions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...