Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Starting to think that sonisphere may end up being cancelled this year.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#41 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

Just seen that there has been a link on a Twitter account and the line that will be announced is:-

Green Day

Queen

Faith No More

Robert Plant

Opeth

Slash

Offsping

Billy Idol

My Passion

As I Lay Dying

Killing Joke

Seether

What a load of utter pish!!! I certainly won't be going if this is the case. Queen are no better than a second headliner at best. Without Freddy it's a complete waste of time. After two brilliant years, this is a massive disappointment!!!

Green Day, Queen, Robert Plant, Slash, Offspring, Billy Idol, Seether would be okay. But there'll be plenty more of course

#42 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Slash is doing Download
As i Lay Dying apparently have cancelled their european tour

Does it mean Slash can't do Soni though? He's not headlining main although heading 2nd might rule him out.

#43 AR93

AR93

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Slash is doing Download
As i Lay Dying apparently have cancelled their european tour

So are Billy Idol and Killing Joke is likely to be one of the third stage headliners

Three headliners rumoured there are still a possibility though.

#44 Furious-Red

Furious-Red

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

So are Billy Idol and Killing Joke is likely to be one of the third stage headliners

Three headliners rumoured there are still a possibility though.

Are you sure you are not mixing up Billy Talent and Billy Idol?

#45 AR93

AR93

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Are you sure you are not mixing up Billy Talent and Billy Idol?

Crap...my bad...

#46 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

Just seen that there has been a link on a Twitter account and the line that will be announced is:-

Green Day

Queen

Faith No More

Robert Plant

Opeth

Slash

Offsping

Billy Idol

My Passion

As I Lay Dying

Killing Joke

Seether

What a load of utter pish!!! I certainly won't be going if this is the case. Queen are no better than a second headliner at best. Without Freddy it's a complete waste of time. After two brilliant years, this is a massive disappointment!!!

That was a bullshit leak.

#47 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

Does it mean Slash can't do Soni though? He's not headlining main although heading 2nd might rule him out.

Yes it does.

#48 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

Yes it does.

That's fairplay.

#49 kipper64

kipper64

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

My understanding re: slash was yet again he was in line to play Sonisphere but Download nabbed him for a 2nd time. I have a feeling (which was the issue in 2010) Soni wanted exclusitivity and perhaps Download didn't and he was offered both Reading and Download instead of just Sonisphere? So it could be the bands in the leak are a tad out of date, but I think it's more likely to be bullshit. But saying Queen are no better than a second stage headliner at best is just stupid imo...it's QUEEN (albeit without Freddie which lessens their draw, but it's still Queen and without freddie they still sold out arenas and stadiums with ease)

#50 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

My understanding re: slash was yet again he was in line to play Sonisphere but Download nabbed him for a 2nd time. I have a feeling (which was the issue in 2010) Soni wanted exclusitivity and perhaps Download didn't and he was offered both Reading and Download instead of just Sonisphere? So it could be the bands in the leak are a tad out of date, but I think it's more likely to be bullshit. But saying Queen are no better than a second stage headliner at best is just stupid imo...it's QUEEN (albeit without Freddie which lessens their draw, but it's still Queen and without freddie they still sold out arenas and stadiums with ease)

Yes people are saying about Slash being at Reading, which would be good. You Me At Six have a good chance of returning too although I hope not.

Slash in the same position as Madness? And wouldn't sticking him on the day The Cure if they play be a great idea? Maximise ticket sales?

#51 strib77

strib77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Some of these leaks are not a mile from the truth, no smoke n all that.

so disappointed, did they even try to get any of the names we love and adore, its like they have gone to the Festival Headline shop the day after everyone else had been, Been to Soni twice and had fantastic time, all round the perfect fest. But my god , this year...I go to a load of gigs and festivals every year, and ive seen some absolute legends, classic history making performances and wonderful festivals, and this Queen shambles and FNM is poor , very poor

#52 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Some of these leaks are not a mile from the truth, no smoke n all that.

so disappointed, did they even try to get any of the names we love and adore, its like they have gone to the Festival Headline shop the day after everyone else had been, Been to Soni twice and had fantastic time, all round the perfect fest. But my god , this year...I go to a load of gigs and festivals every year, and ive seen some absolute legends, classic history making performances and wonderful festivals, and this Queen shambles and FNM is poor , very poor

They said last year they were after Foos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink & Green Day. Foos were always more likely for R&l, Blink were never that likely as they were in the middle of tour and RHCP ended up doing their own shows (thankfully) and Green Day don't like festivals.

#53 strib77

strib77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

They said last year they were after Foos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink & Green Day. Foos were always more likely for R&l, Blink were never that likely as they were in the middle of tour and RHCP ended up doing their own shows (thankfully) and Green Day don't like festivals.

#54 strib77

strib77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

in fairness theres a lot more out there than them 4,

#55 Marker

Marker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

I know Download has got a load of awesome acts but I am sure Sonisphere has got some amazing bands on the bill. I mean they know what there up against and they are far from struggling with acts and so what if they got Queen w/ Adam Lambert it will still be an awesome line up and festival.

#56 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,470 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I know Download has got a load of awesome acts but I am sure Sonisphere has got some amazing bands on the bill. I mean they know what there up against and they are far from struggling with acts and so what if they got Queen w/ Adam Lambert it will still be an awesome line up and festival.

If Soni aren't struggling then why have they only booked 2 headliners so far? The only 2 acts I can see them getting that would convince me to ge a tixt despite their lackluster headliners is At The Drive In & Refused and even then I expect one to be at R&L this year.

Edited by jump, 04 February 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#57 Marker

Marker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:11 PM

All we can do is wait obviously for confirmation on the announcement but there going to have to pull something out of the bag to convince a lot of people like yourself. To convince me they would have to have someone like The Offspring or Marilyn Manson and I would be satisfied.

#58 strib77

strib77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

My last comment of the day and a comment that will raise a few eyebrows, i for one cant wait to read how Adam Lambert was bottled by a disgruntled Soni crowd....i think i will laugh a tad.

Sorry but disappointment at this booking is the understatement.

How the hell will they book anyone in 2013, any respectable rock n roll band wont touch Sonisphere with a blinkin barge pole

#59 Marker

Marker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

I am sure it has been worth the wait though (well hope so).

#60 kaosmark2

kaosmark2

Elitist hipster supervillian

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,014 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

How the hell will they book anyone in 2013, any respectable rock n roll band wont touch Sonisphere with a blinkin barge pole

They'll pay them. Simples.