Starting to think that sonisphere may end up being cancelled this year.

Guest teeman89

Some of these leaks are not a mile from the truth, no smoke n all that.

so disappointed, did they even try to get any of the names we love and adore, its like they have gone to the Festival Headline shop the day after everyone else had been, Been to Soni twice and had fantastic time, all round the perfect fest. But my god , this year...I go to a load of gigs and festivals every year, and ive seen some absolute legends, classic history making performances and wonderful festivals, and this Queen shambles and FNM is poor , very poor

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these leaks are not a mile from the truth, no smoke n all that.

so disappointed, did they even try to get any of the names we love and adore, its like they have gone to the Festival Headline shop the day after everyone else had been, Been to Soni twice and had fantastic time, all round the perfect fest. But my god , this year...I go to a load of gigs and festivals every year, and ive seen some absolute legends, classic history making performances and wonderful festivals, and this Queen shambles and FNM is poor , very poor

They said last year they were after Foos, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blink & Green Day. Foos were always more likely for R&l, Blink were never that likely as they were in the middle of tour and RHCP ended up doing their own shows (thankfully) and Green Day don't like festivals.

I know Download has got a load of awesome acts but I am sure Sonisphere has got some amazing bands on the bill. I mean they know what there up against and they are far from struggling with acts and so what if they got Queen w/ Adam Lambert it will still be an awesome line up and festival.

I know Download has got a load of awesome acts but I am sure Sonisphere has got some amazing bands on the bill. I mean they know what there up against and they are far from struggling with acts and so what if they got Queen w/ Adam Lambert it will still be an awesome line up and festival.

Edited by jump

All we can do is wait obviously for confirmation on the announcement but there going to have to pull something out of the bag to convince a lot of people like yourself. To convince me they would have to have someone like The Offspring or Marilyn Manson and I would be satisfied.

My last comment of the day and a comment that will raise a few eyebrows, i for one cant wait to read how Adam Lambert was bottled by a disgruntled Soni crowd....i think i will laugh a tad.

Sorry but disappointment at this booking is the understatement.

How the hell will they book anyone in 2013, any respectable rock n roll band wont touch Sonisphere with a blinkin barge pole

My last comment of the day and a comment that will raise a few eyebrows, i for one cant wait to read how Adam Lambert was bottled by a disgruntled Soni crowd....i think i will laugh a tad.

Sorry but disappointment at this booking is the understatement.

How the hell will they book anyone in 2013, any respectable rock n roll band wont touch Sonisphere with a blinkin barge pole

My point was aimed at who I was quoting. Not you. It wasn't about being accepting it was about being mature enough to know bottling bands is just sad.

But your point is a bit moot considering Queen are a rock band and massively more popular than Slayer who are not a dance act in any sense. Not until they decide to do a collab with Skrillex anyways ;)

My point was aimed at who I was quoting. Not you. It wasn't about being accepting it was about being mature enough to know bottling bands is just sad.

But your point is a bit moot considering Queen are a rock band and massively more popular than Slayer who are not a dance act in any sense. Not until they decide to do a collab with Skrillex anyways ;)

Edited by t8yman

Queen look set to headline Sonisphere but I not heard anything from Faith No More. The only thing I have heard is that they got leaked to play Sonisphere France which is the same weekend as Knebworth (unless they changed dates) and on here there to be confirmed.

I agree with you about the bottling.

And I'm a bit bored of going round in circles on the queen issue (not with you kip) if queen qualify as a soni band because they are rock - then surely U2, Coldplay and Radiohead do too?

Imagine the shitstorm if any of those headlined soni?

I just want an announcement, and soon. I've already bought my download ticket, but the way this is going, our festie group are now split, many of my mates are misguidedly holding on for some holy grail announcement from soni on the strength of how good last years bill was. And ive already told them - if the vip bar tickets sell out for download before they decide to NOT do soni, they have shit out.

I know what they all like, and going on the strong rumours and using the old process of elimination on who could play - they aint gonna like the lineup at soni this year. But until they see a poster, they wont take my word for it. They didnt even believe me when I said Queen and FNM