Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Here It Is! 14 New bands

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#21 tohellweride

tohellweride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:55 AM

Cracking line up this year. Gutted about lack of Enter Kari but you can't have it all. The Megadeth camp have leaked that Godsmack and Black Veil Brides are playing the main stage on Sunday.

I know sonisphere is probably going to pull something special out of the bag (korn+skrillex, Axel and friends (ok not so special), Refused, At the Drive In, Sikth, etc) but really happy I have a Download ticket.

Boom!

#22 lharris92

lharris92

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

expected billy talent and theres a fair few good names there as well :)

#23 thejimbola

thejimbola

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I would love Godsmack to play, but it would surprise me if they were opening the main stage. They are huge in America! A second stage slot high up would be more likely.

#24 Stalemate

Stalemate

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Huge dissapointment.

#25 biffoire

biffoire

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Huge dissapointment.

How can the 3rd announcement be a huge dissapointment. You must have had high hopes to feel that let down. ;)

#26 Lithium05

Lithium05

Jaaaaaaaah Rastafarianism!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Was hoping for QOTSA. but not displeased with what we've got. Also, what happened to Motley Crue?

#27 thejimbola

thejimbola

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Was hoping for QOTSA. but not displeased with what we've got. Also, what happened to Motley Crue?

Where is Def Leppard?
Where is Motley Crue?

#28 t8yman

t8yman

Heathen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

having had time to reflect on the announcement, I'm still holding on for the soni announcement before I decide which of the two I am going to. of those announced today - kyuss, terrorvision, megadeth are the only 3 i would watch. 5fdp can get fucked, and slash is just "meh" as far as I'm concerned. the others, I can take or leave.

not saying its a shit announcement, but 2 more "must sees" in that, and I would have bitten. particularly placebo or qotsa.

#29 kipper64

kipper64

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:09 PM

It's put me off buying a ticket as well, just yet at least.

So many repeats in that bunch , and of the bands that aren't repeated 3 of them were at Sonisphere last year (or 2010). The only bands I'd like to see really are Rise Against, and I can't even see them because they clash with Sabbath, and Kyuss Lives, who are brilliant. FFDP are just diabolical and most of the undercard, so far (for me) is just really boring. It's a bit frustrating as I really want to see Soundgarden and Sabbath, but the other 2 days just have nothing for me (except Biffy and Prodigy - both who I've seen many times before).

#30 STEVEYBOY

STEVEYBOY

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

Well Sunday looks strong for me. Devildriver should be much higher in my opinion but LOG are the clincher. Epic !!!

#31 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

having had time to reflect on the announcement, I'm still holding on for the soni announcement before I decide which of the two I am going to. of those announced today - kyuss, terrorvision, megadeth are the only 3 i would watch. 5fdp can get fucked, and slash is just "meh" as far as I'm concerned. the others, I can take or leave.

not saying its a shit announcement, but 2 more "must sees" in that, and I would have bitten. particularly placebo or qotsa.

yes i'm not deciding yet. i only want to see the prodigy or slash and billy talent friday and i could easily give up billy as seen him a few times. biffy and ten d on sat, metalica i'd see but they aren't my ticket buyer and sabbath and only sabbath on sunday

#32 huntyyy

huntyyy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

billy talent friday and i could easily give up billy as seen him a few times.

It's a band br0.

#33 luckysalt

luckysalt

AVFC Proud History, Bright Future

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,585 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

For me, I think its gunna be better than 2009 the way its shaping up, Sunday is awesome.

Can see Shinedown playing under Slash perhaps

#34 charlie2times

charlie2times

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

I've already got my ticket, as i go whoever plays, as it's such a good atmosphere, except when prodigy and that aussie lot play.

In 2007 there were only 3 bands i liked, but stil had a cracking time

Are rise against big enough to headline 2nd, cause i know nothing about them.

Edited by charlie2times, 01 February 2012 - 01:38 PM.

#35 jammy2211

jammy2211

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Bought my ticket, amazing how big a difference the various sites charge for fees and stuff. The Download website appeared to want £13 postage lol, they can **** off.

Rise Against is such a poor way to end the weekend, hope the third is better but not expecting a lot. Still it's all relatively clash free at the moment which is good.

#36 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:42 PM

For me, I think its gunna be better than 2009 the way its shaping up, Sunday is awesome.

Can see Shinedown playing under Slash perhaps

see i think it's fairly poor bu that is basing it on someone that is not the most heavy music minded and thought headers wise and lineup wise last year was about the best it might get for me to try download and it appears i might be right

#37 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Gutted that Slash is clashing with The Prodigy. I have missed Prodigy twice at festivals because of clashes. Looks like I'm going to have to do half and half this year. Both are too good to miss.

#38 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

i would think The Prodigy will do a tour later this year anyway seen as they have a new album out. i'd end up waiting for billy talent that day and then waiting for the headliner

#39 thejimbola

thejimbola

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

Definitely no Godsmack according to Mr Copping. Gutted!

#40 charlie2times

charlie2times

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Definitely no Godsmack according to Mr Copping. Gutted!

To be honest, good, as they are a poor mans AIC.

There's a thought, put AIC on supporting slash