First Time Rockness!

Guest Max Ruddock

Hi guys,

First time going to RockNess - few questions as there seems to be a limited amount of info around!

I'm coming from Colchester, Essex - a fair 550 miles away. Train from here to Inverness costs around £30 each way with railcard, does anyone know how much it costs for the shuttle bus from Inverness to the festival site?

Does the campsite open up on Thursday? As it seems at the moment, only the RockNess Express get this + VIP?

Why is the booking fees like £20 a ticket?!?!

Cheers

Booking fees for most events are extortionate!

The Campsite normally opens on Friday at around 10am!

I took the shuttle bus few years back cost about a £10 but I would advise you to get a taxi from Inverness! it works out cheaper and you can book a taxi for the journey back to Inverness! (book one as you will wait for ages if you don't)

Booking fees for most events are extortionate!

The Campsite normally opens on Friday at around 10am!

I took the shuttle bus few years back cost about a £10 but I would advise you to get a taxi from Inverness! it works out cheaper and you can book a taxi for the journey back to Inverness! (book one as you will wait for ages if you don't)

If I was coming from London area (which Essex is) then definately the Rockness Express would be my choice...

All day party on the train, entertainment, booze, shuttle bus to site, early entry on the Thursday, VIP tickets... sounds good!

Surprised no one is moaning there is no option to do this from Scotland lol

Edited by Paul ™

If I was coming from London area (which Essex is) then definately the Rockness Express would be my choice...

All day party on the train, entertainment, booze, shuttle bus to site, early entry on the Thursday, VIP tickets... sounds good!

Surprised no one is moaning there is no option to do this from Scotland lol

Edited by Max Ruddock

I think its over 18s just cos there is free cocktails and stuff.. nothing we can't handle eh? ;) just can't get over the booking fee, £30 a ticket means for 600 seats - they're gonna be making £18k just from selling them! anyone know if their available in store or anywhere else for cheaper?

Also, what time does the music usually go on till?

There is a scottish option. once you go into the 'buy a ticket section' the other options become available. scotland is the green route.

All codes will expire on Friday 25th May 2012 at midnight so all travel must be booked by then The cost of the ticket includes a general weekend camping ticket. Pick up will be Friday, drop off on Monday.

Zone 1: YELLOW: Inverness

Zone 2: BLUE: Aviemore, Elgin, Huntly, Nairn, Perth, Forres, Pitlochry

Zone 3: GREEN: Dundee, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh

Zone 4: RED: London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield

Oh wait.... it says coach only. sorry. should think before i speak post.

Yeah i defo read that somewhere. have a wee hunt around

When I went up to Rockness 2010 I got the train from Edinburgh, I stayed in Inverness for the night, why dont you just use one of the hostels there for the Thursday night, there is also a good Efest meet up in one of the bars in town for the Thursday too. Come Friday loads of shuttle buses to the fest.

The Arcadia Afterburner is on til 3AM, then silent disco until 5! its a 10 deposit for a headset, with plenty to go round. At most other festivals once the main acts are finished, its spend your money on over priced fairground rides or head back to the camp site!

Despite the hefty booking fee, Rock ness offers excellent Value for money by today's festival standards. In my opinion anyway!