Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

First Time Rockness!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi guys,

First time going to RockNess - few questions as there seems to be a limited amount of info around!

I'm coming from Colchester, Essex - a fair 550 miles away. Train from here to Inverness costs around £30 each way with railcard, does anyone know how much it costs for the shuttle bus from Inverness to the festival site?

Does the campsite open up on Thursday? As it seems at the moment, only the RockNess Express get this + VIP?

Why is the booking fees like £20 a ticket?!?!

Cheers

#2 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

DON'T THINK. JUST LET IT FLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

Booking fees for most events are extortionate!

The Campsite normally opens on Friday at around 10am!

I took the shuttle bus few years back cost about a £10 but I would advise you to get a taxi from Inverness! it works out cheaper and you can book a taxi for the journey back to Inverness! (book one as you will wait for ages if you don't)

#3 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

I didn't realise that the RockNess Express people get in on Thursday night! But pretty shite you are forced to take a VIP ticket

#4 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Booking fees for most events are extortionate!

The Campsite normally opens on Friday at around 10am!

I took the shuttle bus few years back cost about a £10 but I would advise you to get a taxi from Inverness! it works out cheaper and you can book a taxi for the journey back to Inverness! (book one as you will wait for ages if you don't)

Not that extortionate! V which is a complete commercial sh*thole only has a £8 booking fee, £20 is ridiculous! Is there no option to get access on the Thursday as it's a 10 hour train journey, otherwise I might as well just get the Rockness Express if I'm paying £10 for a taxi and then have to find somewhere else to kip for the night!

#5 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I didn't realise that the RockNess Express people get in on Thursday night! But pretty shite you are forced to take a VIP ticket

Why is it shite to have a VIP ticket?

#6 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,022 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

At £225 if your coming from London its a bargain including travel. Even Newcastle would probably cost £80 return on the train, so works out about the same :)

#7 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Why is it shite to have a VIP ticket?

I never thought VIP was ever worth it! but once I considered what Paul said I would agree its worth it! Considering distance traveled etc

At £225 if your coming from London its a bargain including travel. Even Newcastle would probably cost £80 return on the train, so works out about the same :)

As you say Max if I was you give the Express a bash! sounds pretty good tbh

plus you wont get in if your traveling up on Thursday, you would have to pay for extra accommodation! as you say :)

Edited by Gothenburg83, 26 January 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#8 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,022 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

If I was coming from London area (which Essex is) then definately the Rockness Express would be my choice...

All day party on the train, entertainment, booze, shuttle bus to site, early entry on the Thursday, VIP tickets... sounds good!

Surprised no one is moaning there is no option to do this from Scotland lol

Edited by Paul , 26 January 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#9 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

If I was coming from London area (which Essex is) then definately the Rockness Express would be my choice...

All day party on the train, entertainment, booze, shuttle bus to site, early entry on the Thursday, VIP tickets... sounds good!

Surprised no one is moaning there is no option to do this from Scotland lol

Just about p*ssed that there's a £30 booking fee on it meaning near on £260! Gonna be harder to convince more of my friends. Reckon they'd mind us being 17 on the train? Most of us look about 20 anyway..

Edited by Max Ruddock, 26 January 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#10 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

Just about p*ssed that there's a £30 booking fee on it meaning near on £260! Gonna be harder to convince more of my friends. Reckon they'd mind us being 17 on the train? Most of us look about 20 anyway..

Did notice it did say strictly over 18s on the webpage! So not sure if they would be ID'ing or not, but doubt it to be fair if you don't look 12 you should be ok! Doubt they would take your money off you then leave you stranded in London

#11 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Did notice it did say strictly over 18s on the webpage! So not sure if they would be ID'ing or not, but doubt it to be fair if you don't look 12 you should be ok! Doubt they would take your money off you then leave you stranded in London

I think its over 18s just cos there is free cocktails and stuff.. nothing we can't handle eh? ;) just can't get over the booking fee, £30 a ticket means for 600 seats - they're gonna be making £18k just from selling them! anyone know if their available in store or anywhere else for cheaper?

Also, what time does the music usually go on till?

#12 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think its over 18s just cos there is free cocktails and stuff.. nothing we can't handle eh? ;) just can't get over the booking fee, £30 a ticket means for 600 seats - they're gonna be making £18k just from selling them! anyone know if their available in store or anywhere else for cheaper?

Also, what time does the music usually go on till?

aye £30 is fucking nuts like! I think I was £11 for my £99 ticket back in July, but I thought something was getting down by the government about these high BFs? not sure!

Music on Friday and Saturday goes on till about 2am I think (normally pretty drunk by then) then party through the night at the campsite!

Sunday is Straight after the headliner about 12midnight ish

#13 rockmess

rockmess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Music on Friday and Saturday goes on till about 2am I think (normally pretty drunk by then) then party through the night at the campsite!

Howard's end 2010...vaguely remember them playing the classics till about 3...need that back, what's such a great laugh for the end of the night!

#14 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Howard's end 2010...vaguely remember them playing the classics till about 3...need that back, what's such a great laugh for the end of the night!

Nice! I seem to remember if you go back to the campsite after a certain time you wont get back in the arena? Maybe that's just Sunday night (im nae sure, always has been an awful blur at that time of night!)

#15 rockmess

rockmess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nice! I seem to remember if you go back to the campsite after a certain time you wont get back in the arena? Maybe that's just Sunday night (im nae sure, always has been an awful blur at that time of night!)

Yeah i think that's right! Although it is pretty late on Friday/Saturday! On sunday everyone is out so quickly!

#16 pipper

pipper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Pretty sure the Afterburner had music till 2/3am last year.

It's £20 because AEG enjoying fleecing us.

Edited by pipper, 26 January 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#17 Max Ruddock

Max Ruddock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Pretty sure my mates last year who went said there was some student deal of £145 with coach travel from the main cities?

#18 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,022 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

It's £20 because AEG enjoying fleecing us.

The ticket agent sets the booking fee, thats why its only £11.50 on TheBooth including postage..

Support your independant ticket agencies

#19 rexclark

rexclark

E-Talking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,328 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

If I was travelling up from Engladshire I'd definately be getting The Rockness Express, sounds like a great deal!

#20 Eh Ah Ken

Eh Ah Ken

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

There is a scottish option. once you go into the 'buy a ticket section' the other options become available. scotland is the green route.

All codes will expire on Friday 25th May 2012 at midnight so all travel must be booked by then The cost of the ticket includes a general weekend camping ticket. Pick up will be Friday, drop off on Monday.

Zone 1: YELLOW: Inverness

Zone 2: BLUE: Aviemore, Elgin, Huntly, Nairn, Perth, Forres, Pitlochry

Zone 3: GREEN: Dundee, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh

Zone 4: RED: London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield