Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

ROCKNESS 2012 LINEUP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
229 replies to this topic

#101 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

2 Bears were amazing at the weekend at Bugged Out... get them booked :)

Also managed to see Knife Party (best act of the weekend!), Fake Blood, SMD, Erol Alkan, Inner City, 2 Many DJ's (Same shite, different venue), Green Velvet, Kevin Saunderson and Rob Da Bank

#102 Gothenburg83

Gothenburg83

DON'T THINK. JUST LET IT FLOW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hope Gesaffelstein knows where to go! on the website it says RockNess is in England!

#103 pipper

pipper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I just want to see who the 3rd Golden Voice headliner will be, first thoughts were Chase and Status but I don't see why they wouldn't be announced with the rest yesterday unless they're contracted to another fest and Rockness have to hold back.

Still really hoping for Air, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Sebastian Tellier, Garbage, 2 Bears and Soulwax

Air, now we are talking.

I'd love them to play, I'd also like to see Digitalism back. Album out recently and were superb in 2008.

#104 rexclark

rexclark

Sean, The Weird, Orpahaned, Ice Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

2 Bears were amazing at the weekend at Bugged Out... get them booked :)

Also managed to see Knife Party (best act of the weekend!), Fake Blood, SMD, Erol Alkan, Inner City, 2 Many DJ's (Same shite, different venue), Green Velvet, Kevin Saunderson and Rob Da Bank

Would be happy with all of them, with the exception of 2 Many DJs.

#105 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Would be happy with all of them, with the exception of 2 Many DJs.

Yup agreed, was same regurgitated set again.. with a couple new tracks :banghead:

#106 theampersanddevil

theampersanddevil

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

Wow not as many toys and dummies lying around the place as I thought.

Most of my thoughts are here somewhere. Think its a nice varied announcement. Mumfords and Ed Sheeran are both good live acts. In fact, Ed was amongst the top acts I saw last year. Defo better live.

Looking at past line-ups is misleading. The year of fatboy, leftfield and strokes wasn;t so celebrated at the time for headliners, especially fatboy. Leftfield for many were an unknown quantity. Could they still do it after ten years, some people on these boards didn't even know who they were. As for the strokes, well heard mixed reviews before they played, heard the same after.

I have friends that are going this year who have never been before, i think they would enjoy it more this year than any other and for that I'm happy. If only because I have a large group of friends who go, who i wish i could see more of, the line-up matters less for me. Thats not to say it isn't important, i'm not a fan of the its not about the music brigade. Just its not as important as it was for me now. I go to see my friends, some bands and party in that order and really what I will miss this year (although i'd kill to see Chic)

So here's the thing. For those of you who feel the festival has changed and is no longer what it was, then maybe consider having a look around to see what else is on offer. Yes, its dissapointing but things do indeed change. There are members on here who have a better grace and knack of saying this stuff than me, I just mean that I've had to make that call a few times over the years and some members have shown me that you save yourself a lot of grief if you just say ok, thats done for me.

Anyway, thats all from me except to say knife party were indeed great, as was andy wetherall head to head with smegghe (yeah i know last year)

#107 Kyelo

Kyelo

Soon...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'd like to see Sven Vath, Vitalic, Ajax...then throw in Wolfmother haha

#108 Da_J_Doc-~

Da_J_Doc-~

Clique Member No' 05

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

More and more like T every year, shame

#109 Kyelo

Kyelo

Soon...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

I can't see any difference to any other year? Except maybe the first 2. Since then it has been fairly general.

#110 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

You back at T this year?, was weird bumping into you there last year ;)

#111 adustlandfairytale

adustlandfairytale

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

I though Noah And The Whale was the 3rd headliner? Are they not?

Anyway as long as Justice do not clash with Biffy then it's all good.

#112 Da_J_Doc-~

Da_J_Doc-~

Clique Member No' 05

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

You back at T this year?, was weird bumping into you there last year ;)

Aye said i would only go last year if Pulp played, said would only go this if the Stone roses reformed, FFS i can't shake the place off.

#113 Da_J_Doc-~

Da_J_Doc-~

Clique Member No' 05

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

I can't see any difference to any other year? Except maybe the first 2. Since then it has been fairly general.

I wouldn't disagree, just becomes a wee bit more T like every year which is a shame cos it's a great location that had the potential to really really stick out after the first two years.

#114 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Aye said i would only go last year if Pulp played, said would only go this if the Stone roses reformed, FFS i can't shake the place off.

Any excuse :P

#115 Da_J_Doc-~

Da_J_Doc-~

Clique Member No' 05

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Any excuse :P

Still have a good time getting pissed with friends its just not the highlight of the year like it was 15 years or so ago, FFS 15 years ago i was 21 LOL, hopefully bump into you in a field somewhere this year.

#116 Eh Ah Ken

Eh Ah Ken

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

All the whingers can bolt. it's like yer all spoilt 13 year olds.

Ridiculous statement. Are you 16 years old?

The Cure are massive, would be a real coup and a huge draw for Rockness. More so than a few banjo wielding drunks repeating the same songs, over and over again.

Thats hardly fair.... they have only had the one album out and most people haven't seen them. I listened to their 'live at sheperds bush set' and the very last song was a brand new track and i'd say it was the best song on the whole disc. The footage of them at glasto was a pure stomper and you could see that everyone was loving it.
personally i can't wait and if it's just me and my five friends standing at the main stage... Were gonna have an amazing time while you's are all moping in your tent, or getting a grip and going to see one of the other 5 acts no doubt on at the same time.

#117 Kyelo

Kyelo

Soon...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,288 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

... it's a great location that had the potential to really really stick out after the first two years.

That's a fair point.

#118 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,873 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

And continue to loose money? It needed to evolve or it wouldn't be here today.

#119 Poleski

Poleski

Safe as f*ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

I just want to see who the 3rd Golden Voice headliner will be, first thoughts were Chase and Status but I don't see why they wouldn't be announced with the rest yesterday unless they're contracted to another fest and Rockness have to hold back.

Still really hoping for Air, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Sebastian Tellier, Garbage, 2 Bears and Soulwax

I think thats maybe a bit hopeful! All of them would be great though. Could only really see Soulwax playing out of that list :( And 2 Bears I guess!

#120 Chiefski

Chiefski

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Is it official that the any of the names already named will be headlining Goldenvoice? Apart from Justice and maybe Noah and the Whale I wouldnt have had any of the others down for headlining it.

Can still see Chase and Status playing, could easily go before Deadmau5 or Biffy really, Garbage would be a decent shout before Biffy too, getting announced for a few other fests