ROCKNESS 2012 LINEUP

Guest Rockness2012

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mumford, Justice, Beardyman and Biffy will do it for me. YALDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO excited.

If you could see my facebook right now.... ITS PURE GETTING FLOODED WITH THE WORD..

"BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING"

TAKE YOUR MISERABLENESS ELSE WHERE.

I think there an amazing addition.

But aye... every year people get upset at one of the headlners cause there a band or not dancy or what not but the fact is there is always loads of other electronic acts/dj's on at he same time, before and after.

ROCKNESS FIRST BATCH OF ANNOUNCEMENTS

MUMFORD AND SONS - DEADMAU5 - BIFFY CLYRO

Ed Sheeran; JUSTICE; Metronomy; Noah And The Whale; Wretch 32; Fresh/Live; Azealia Banks; Beardyman; Death In Vegas; Chic featuring Nile Rodgers; Etienne De Crecy; Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs; Busy P; Gesaffelstein; Riton; The Cuban Brothers; Filth DJs; Polymath; and Count Clockwork.

Dont worry there will be good DJ releases later there always is!!

I thik the anouncement is pretty good so far. Justice, Deadmau5 will be good for me. I might even go see Mumford as i think they have some descent tunes for a fling. Wretch 32 will be good too.

Seen Metronomy a few years back and Seen Riton in Aberdeen before - both good good.

I'd recommend everyone to try and see Ettienne De'Crecy - i seen him in Spain at Creamfields and he puts on an amazing show! Hopefully he will be on the main stage as he perfoms a dj set in a small building made of lights that create illusions! MUST SEE even from the back!

My bad points but hopefully sorted out...

No sign of radio 1 djs though. I do like a bit of Annie Mac.

No sign of and BNR djs... bit gutted considering he usually lifts the roof of the tent.

Look forward to the next one - im sure these will become good points soon.

Had a blast at Laidback Luke last time!

I think its a good strong and varied announcement.

Biffy are huge now, Scottish and to get them to headline their first Scottish festival is a clever booking as now TITP can't use that 'line' next year as they are certain to headline next year.

Deadmau5 very popular and requested a lot. Will put on a cracking show, just watch some of his stuff on YouTube.

Mumford, very popular up north, will shift day tickets and have won a load of awards. Not everyone's bag but are good live.. check out their glasto 2011 performance.

Ed Sheeran is massive now, up for 4 brits and will win a couple at least. Seen him and he is amazing live. Tent at camp Bestival was rammed and should have been on main stage.

Justice, most requested act for the festival.. apart from those other frenchies.... Says it all.

And a load of other good acts, chic will be awesome. Some good electro and other dance stuff with loads to come.

I think its the best 1st announcement so far... With a load more to come...... Gutted I probably won't even be there this year!!

Edited by Paul ™

A decent first announcement.

Can't say I'm fussed about Biffy or Mumford but Deadmau5 should be pretty decent. As for the rest, I'll be looking forward to seeing Justice, Busy P, Chic, Ettien De Crecy and I really can't wait to see Death In Vegas.

I assume only two Second Stage headliners have been announced so far being Justice and Sheeran? If there is a 3rd I wonder who it'll be?

A decent first announcement.

Can't say I'm fussed about Biffy or Mumford but Deadmau5 should be pretty decent. As for the rest, I'll be looking forward to seeing Justice, Busy P, Chic, Ettien De Crecy and I really can't wait to see Death In Vegas.

I assume only two Second Stage headliners have been announced so far being Justice and Sheeran? If there is a 3rd I wonder who it'll be?

I'm not big on some of the acts named but its probably the strongest first announcement they have made in some time, filled with acts to appeal to the dance crowd and the bands are all currently big sellers. Coups to get Mumford/Sheeran as they could have easily been at T who will also have to re-market Biffy next year as noted.

I'd imagine it will be Sheeran/Mumford Friday, Deadmau5 Saturday and Biffy Sunday with Justice being on the friday or sunday

This line-up is absolutely dire. Needless to say I will not be making the trip this year. And I thought last year was bad, this is 10 times worse. To think five years ago the headliners were Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers... Now we have Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro and Deadmau5 headlining? It really is laughable.

This line-up is absolutely dire. Needless to say I will not be making the trip this year. And I thought last year was bad, this is 10 times worse. To think five years ago the headliners were Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers... Now we have Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro and Deadmau5 headlining? It really is laughable.

Five years ago Rockness had old acts long past their peak. This year they have current acts.

They might not be to your liking, but there's only so long that festivals can keep repeating those older acts before they'd lose their financial viability. The future of music is always newer acts.