ROCKNESS 2012 LINEUP

Guest Rockness2012

2 Bears were amazing at the weekend at Bugged Out... get them booked :)

Also managed to see Knife Party (best act of the weekend!), Fake Blood, SMD, Erol Alkan, Inner City, 2 Many DJ's (Same shite, different venue), Green Velvet, Kevin Saunderson and Rob Da Bank

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see who the 3rd Golden Voice headliner will be, first thoughts were Chase and Status but I don't see why they wouldn't be announced with the rest yesterday unless they're contracted to another fest and Rockness have to hold back.

Still really hoping for Air, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Sebastian Tellier, Garbage, 2 Bears and Soulwax

2 Bears were amazing at the weekend at Bugged Out... get them booked :)

Also managed to see Knife Party (best act of the weekend!), Fake Blood, SMD, Erol Alkan, Inner City, 2 Many DJ's (Same shite, different venue), Green Velvet, Kevin Saunderson and Rob Da Bank

Wow not as many toys and dummies lying around the place as I thought.

Most of my thoughts are here somewhere. Think its a nice varied announcement. Mumfords and Ed Sheeran are both good live acts. In fact, Ed was amongst the top acts I saw last year. Defo better live.

Looking at past line-ups is misleading. The year of fatboy, leftfield and strokes wasn;t so celebrated at the time for headliners, especially fatboy. Leftfield for many were an unknown quantity. Could they still do it after ten years, some people on these boards didn't even know who they were. As for the strokes, well heard mixed reviews before they played, heard the same after.

I have friends that are going this year who have never been before, i think they would enjoy it more this year than any other and for that I'm happy. If only because I have a large group of friends who go, who i wish i could see more of, the line-up matters less for me. Thats not to say it isn't important, i'm not a fan of the its not about the music brigade. Just its not as important as it was for me now. I go to see my friends, some bands and party in that order and really what I will miss this year (although i'd kill to see Chic)

So here's the thing. For those of you who feel the festival has changed and is no longer what it was, then maybe consider having a look around to see what else is on offer. Yes, its dissapointing but things do indeed change. There are members on here who have a better grace and knack of saying this stuff than me, I just mean that I've had to make that call a few times over the years and some members have shown me that you save yourself a lot of grief if you just say ok, thats done for me.

Anyway, thats all from me except to say knife party were indeed great, as was andy wetherall head to head with smegghe (yeah i know last year)

All the whingers can bolt. it's like yer all spoilt 13 year olds.

Ridiculous statement. Are you 16 years old?

The Cure are massive, would be a real coup and a huge draw for Rockness. More so than a few banjo wielding drunks repeating the same songs, over and over again.

I just want to see who the 3rd Golden Voice headliner will be, first thoughts were Chase and Status but I don't see why they wouldn't be announced with the rest yesterday unless they're contracted to another fest and Rockness have to hold back.

Still really hoping for Air, Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Sebastian Tellier, Garbage, 2 Bears and Soulwax

Is it official that the any of the names already named will be headlining Goldenvoice? Apart from Justice and maybe Noah and the Whale I wouldnt have had any of the others down for headlining it.

Can still see Chase and Status playing, could easily go before Deadmau5 or Biffy really, Garbage would be a decent shout before Biffy too, getting announced for a few other fests

Is it official that the any of the names already named will be headlining Goldenvoice? Apart from Justice and maybe Noah and the Whale I wouldnt have had any of the others down for headlining it.

Can still see Chase and Status playing, could easily go before Deadmau5 or Biffy really, Garbage would be a decent shout before Biffy too, getting announced for a few other fests

I think Ed Sheeran will probably play before Mumford & Sons. Just my guess. Justice seem to be the only viable act that could headline the Goldenvoice really. Considering The Cribs, Frightened Rabbit & Bombay Bicycle Club played it last year I don't think Noah and the Whale are big enough to headline it. What about Metronomy too, where would they fit in?

Nah, Justice will be 10 times better inside the Goldenvoice, will be rammed, but that's not always a bad thing. Will be amazing with their new light show. Anybody think Carl Cox might be in with a shout of playing this year? Not played in ageees and is playing the Arches in May, dunno if that makes it more or less likely.

Edited by gordong