Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm off to Secret Garden Party from Pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks. I'm driving solo and meeting some friends from the north of England at the festival. Was hoping you'd let me post this on your facebook page to see if anyone of your 2000 odd friends might need a lift to the festival to save me having to drive on my own for 5 and a half hours!

Cheers guys.

Someone else has just helped sort my problem out :) . Now for the scary bit - got to get past Rover and his mates. Looks like the dogs will not be on Olympic duty afterall as the dogs there will be specifically trained for sniffing out explosives rather than certain types of 'medication'. Good luck cejx.

Hey there, so all my friends have pulled out on me last minute. Still eager to come and play in the garden. Anyone fancy taking a fellow gardener under their wing? I'm ever so nice! :)

Sniffer dogs cant work 24/7 i cant remember but i think they have to break after an hour or something google it!

Alot of people have cancelled because some of the security became violent and completely over the top last year there was lots of videos etc.. online. I heard even the police stepped in and helped festival goers, my friend renamed it the secret nazi party and wont ever go back and he is very chilled and does alot more festivals than most people. Good luck!!!.

Sniffer dogs cant work 24/7 i cant remember but i think they have to break after an hour or something google it!

Alot of people have cancelled because some of the security became violent and completely over the top last year there was lots of videos etc.. online. I heard even the police stepped in and helped festival goers, my friend renamed it the secret nazi party and wont ever go back and he is very chilled and does alot more festivals than most people. Good luck!!!.

I love that I get this excited before a festival!

The weather forecast is looking fairly good.

This time next week we will be packing up the car.

My costume is ready and my husband just agreed to wear a false moustache.

Things I didn't do last year that I want to do this year are get across to the lake stage and space hopper racing.

Eeeek, can't wait!

There will be no Glastonbury type hikes.

Maybe a ten or 15 minute walk from gate - as far as we remember.

What time are you planning to arrive? Also depends how much you are bringing.

Might be more fun to have a wander with less stuff and choose where to camp. Or, if you bring it in one go you can get on with exploring and only queue once.

Remember alcohol on first entry only, which would suggest they may search more carefully on re-entry.

We're getting there about 3.30 on Thurs. I only live 20 mins away! Been told to go through the gates and turn right! Camp a bit further out as I'm too old to camp in the thick of it! Spent 50 quid on fancy dress tat and glow sticks today! The booze isn't an issue as I can't ever be arsed to carry much anyway. Cx

I'd like to help but I've not been to SGP before so don't know the locations and logistics involved in order to arrange a meet up. In addition I expect to be a little drunk and incapable of achieving anything complicated. :)