Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Secret Garden Party 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
220 replies to this topic

#41 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Dear Cejx and Yoghurt on a stick.
I am by no means an expert (1st SGP last year) but as no one else has replied, here goes;
It is not a massive site, camping did not feel overly squashed last year, lots of gazebos etc.
Like any festival, the earlier you arrive, the shorter your walk from the car park and the bigger camping space you can secure.
South camping was the most "hectic" - nearest the remix bubble (dance tent, renamed this year)
Security was a big issue last year (if you look on facebook SGP site and scroll back you may find discussions there). They have said this year things will be improved. Last year there were strict searches and sniffer dogs. Who can tell what the situation will be this year. I have a site map from last year. Will do my best to post. Running out of lunch time.
What I will say is that we loved it last year and can't wait to go back. We love Glasto and we left SGP with that same, happy, floaty feeling. It is on a much smaller scale but still plenty big enough, loads of different areas and the attention to detail with the arty stuff is amazing. I could go on, but, like I said...back to work xx

#42 cejx

cejx

LEAVE NO TRACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

I am by no means an expert (1st SGP last year) but as no one else has replied, here goes;
It is not a massive site, camping did not feel overly squashed last year, lots of gazebos etc.
Like any festival, the earlier you arrive, the shorter your walk from the car park and the bigger camping space you can secure.
South camping was the most "hectic" - nearest the remix bubble (dance tent, renamed this year)
Security was a big issue last year (if you look on facebook SGP site and scroll back you may find discussions there). They have said this year things will be improved. Last year there were strict searches and sniffer dogs. Who can tell what the situation will be this year. I have a site map from last year. Will do my best to post. Running out of lunch time.
What I will say is that we loved it last year and can't wait to go back. We love Glasto and we left SGP with that same, happy, floaty feeling. It is on a much smaller scale but still plenty big enough, loads of different areas and the attention to detail with the arty stuff is amazing. I could go on, but, like I said...back to work xx

Thanks very much for this, thanks for using your lunch time and thanks in advance for the map! See you there. xxx

#43 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Really appreciated Miesh. Good to hear it's got a good vibe and a lot of arty stuff too. That's actually more my thing than music really. Them searches and dogs are going to be a bit of a bind. I'm thinking up more and more devious ways to get around the situation. I'm rather liking getting my mate to rub some marijuana on himself before going in ahead of me. He'll be picked up by a pack of screaming dogs but will actually have nothing on him. Meanwhile I slip through the net ignoring the situation. He then joins me later when they've found nothing on him. Now all I have to do is raise the idea with him to see what he thinks of it! lol
Thanks once again.

#44 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

It's not marijuana I'm worried about, although I heard dogs are only trained to pick up one scent?

#45 cejx

cejx

LEAVE NO TRACE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Really appreciated Miesh. Good to hear it's got a good vibe and a lot of arty stuff too. That's actually more my thing than music really. Them searches and dogs are going to be a bit of a bind. I'm thinking up more and more devious ways to get around the situation. I'm rather liking getting my mate to rub some marijuana on himself before going in ahead of me. He'll be picked up by a pack of screaming dogs but will actually have nothing on him. Meanwhile I slip through the net ignoring the situation. He then joins me later when they've found nothing on him. Now all I have to do is raise the idea with him to see what he thinks of it! lol
Thanks once again.

Can I follow your mate in too?

#46 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Can I follow your mate in too?

Of course you can. Just in case we don't manage to hook up you might find this interesting;

#47 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Hello Miesh

Are you out there? Just wondering if people had garden candles next to their tents at night for some light and atmosphere or are these a complete no no on site?

#48 CarlingE

CarlingE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to meet up with a group of people going to the SGP this year. The more the merrier :)

Drop me a message if you are going?

#49 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hi,

I'm looking to meet up with a group of people going to the SGP this year. The more the merrier :)

Drop me a message if you are going?

Not sure if there is such a thing as an efests meet up at SGP like there is at Glasto. It would be good to know if there was. I can't commit to meeting up because I don't know what time we are getting there, I don't know where to camp (it's my 1st SGP) etc etc.
There may be more talk of a meet up closer to the time. Keep watching this board.

#50 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I can't work out how to post the image of the site map! Now I know how my mum feels when I am giving her computer help over the phone.
Can someone instruct me?
Or pm me their email and I can send it to them?

Sorry I really don't remember whether or not people had candles.

Loving the sending your mate ahead plan. There are certainly ways as there were lots of very happy people inside.

It is hard to guess how strict they will be, they have to ease up after last year and the suggestion above re Olympics taking resources away is sensible.

#51 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I can't work out how to post the image of the site map! Now I know how my mum feels when I am giving her computer help over the phone.
Can someone instruct me?
Or pm me their email and I can send it to them?

Sorry I really don't remember whether or not people had candles.

Loving the sending your mate ahead plan. There are certainly ways as there were lots of very happy people inside.

It is hard to guess how strict they will be, they have to ease up after last year and the suggestion above re Olympics taking resources away is sensible.

OK, thanks. I think I'll not bother with the candles. Probably can buy some on site if they are allowed.

#52 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Site map 2011

#53 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

So hopefully you can click on that and see it? Let me know if not and I will have another go.
I thanks to the help section!

There is more than this but just to give you an idea;
In the south arena was the remix bubble, town hall/ dance off/roller disco (lots of fun) and the great stage. Also smaller bits - like the spacehopper racing and jungle tent with plastic ball pool.
North arena was kids and healing fields, stalls and folk lodge
North east arena had Chai wallahs, collysillyum (mad place - music at night, daytime events like mud wrestling and sumo) and, where you'll often find me - valley of the antics (you can't beat reggae on a sunny Sunday afternoon imo)

Lots of bars all over.
I can't wait for SGP now, especially with the sun shining like this.
I got the programme out to jog my memory. I am now off to read it in the garden with a beer!

#54 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

The site map link doesn't work :(

#55 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

Maybe they'll put a site map up on their website closer to the time.

#56 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Anyone think this would work for sneaking in some hard liquor or would they smell this too?!?

#57 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

The site map link doesn't work :(

Sorry. How frustrating. It works when I click on it. Once again, I can email it to anyone with the ability to post it. There won't be one on the website

#58 Yoghurt on a Stick

Yoghurt on a Stick

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Sorry. How frustrating. It works when I click on it. Once again, I can email it to anyone with the ability to post it. There won't be one on the website

OK. Thanks for trying. Appreciated.

#59 Miesh

Miesh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Fancy dress sorted and my new wellies arrived today.
I want it to be SGP time now!
Although having struggled through my fair share of festival mud I really feel for those at IOW.

#60 Jen78

Jen78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

Running out of time and need fancy dress ideas...please help!! xD