Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

Complete opposite for me. I was really hoping that this would be a mini-Glastonbury, but everything seemed to compare poorly to Worthy Farm for me. Even the basics like not many water taps (and not located anywhere near the loos when they were) or bins.

Whats 2000Trees like?

Edited by The Pink Peril

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved SGP!

Thankfully we didnt have any problems with tent robbery, but did hear abotu it when a very nice security lady came round camp Friday morning to warn us it had been going opn. I was sat in my tent with the door open and she came over and spoke to me, she seemed to be seeking out people who were up so she could warn us.

The stewards didnt seem to know what was going on though, and when we first arrived and parked up, the car park stewards didnt know which car park we were in!! We chatted to some off duty stewards later on during the festival, and they said they hadnt even been given a map of the site til Friday. But they seemed to be ok to get stuck in and help people where they could.

That was pretty much the only negatives, other then there not being enough water point, but that wasnt even a major problem as we filled a water carrier anyway to keep at camp.

I loved the fact that the site was quite small- being used to Glasto proportions, it was quite refreshing to not have to trek for an hour to get somehwhere! I thought the fireworks were amazing, best fireworks I've ever seen!!! The Lamb/fireworks/Orbital combination was just genius.

Everyone was friendly, we realy got the festival vibe and did think it was like a mini glasto.

Both for us next year hopefully!!!

Ooh and thanks to the St John Ambulance tent for giving us poor gingers a squirt of suncream on Friday afternoon when the sun came out unexpectedly for a bit and we'd gone out prepared for rain, not sun!!!:)

1st timers in 2012 after 20+ years of Glasto and despite conditions we completely fell in love with SGP. Was waiting for ticket page to open today! Our Glastonbury visits are now more or less over (im not gonna say never, because you never say never to glasto) The site is just to vast for me to negotiate nowadays and if its a wet year its impossible for me to get beyond the disabled area to even the pyramid stage and the frustration of it all going on around us drives me nuts!...SGP is compact, friendly (very) and best of all completely nuts! Roll on 2013!!

• 8 months later...

So what do people think about this year then? As a SGP first timer, I'm really looking forward to it. Want to know what are MUST DO's and recommendations.

Have seen the below list for stuff that's happening this year - AMAZING!

Naked trampolining, mud wrestling, paint fights, giant parades, gifting ceremonies, dance off battles, badger dating, fire shows, Miss Behaves mess tent, theatre of dolls, human guess who, gentrified croquet, Miss Dance workshops, life drawing, aerial displays, death defying circus, spell casting, tax deductible theatre, gypsy disco, wood fired hot tubs and sauna, meditation with headspace, fine dining, black cat cabaret, poetry slam, debates and discussions, potion making, extreme science experiments, Pagoda, Yacht Club, ghost stories, apocalypse survival school, the kissing den, naked pool of wonder

The Naked trampolining sounds hilarious - not sure if I'll have a go though! :startle: