Secret Garden Party 2012

Guest Couchy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like all my friends have pulled out on me.

I may sell my ticket. Or I may see if anyone wants a lift up there and mind me tagging along? I'll be driving up from Reading, so that's 3 empty seats (been signed up to the official car share and no luck yet).

So anyone want a ticket/a new friend? :D

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd bump this in the vain hope that somebody viewing has actually been to the SGP and can answer my questions. I know loads of people will be talking about it closer to the time but it would be nice if someone could put me out of my misery sooner rather than later.

PS - I don't mean bring about my early departure from this planet.

• 3 weeks later...

I had heard last year that the security was a little over-vigilant? But SGP said that they were addressing this and I think there's a new security service there this year.

I'm going from Spain to it then back down to South Wales, you haven't got a trek at all! :P

Hello SGP folks,

First time for me.

OK. Any rules on camping. I understand that there is more room than the Glastonbury shoe horned tent situation. Can a group bring a gazebo?

I can't find a site map. Any ideas?

How far is the walk from the car to the camping sites?

Finally - how stringent are the searches? Really? Dogs?!

Ta all. x

Hello SGP folks,

First time for me.

OK. Any rules on camping. I understand that there is more room than the Glastonbury shoe horned tent situation. Can a group bring a gazebo?

I can't find a site map. Any ideas?

How far is the walk from the car to the camping sites?

Finally - how stringent are the searches? Really? Dogs?!

Ta all. x

My first SGP this year too due to no Glasto and I've heard nothing but good reports from people who have been previously. All the pics and videos look amazing. Going with 17 of my fabulous female friends (leaving all the boys behind, they went to Sonar) and cannot wait. The booze allowance is a bit of a pain in the arse but also thinking of cunning ways around this. Currently thinking about fancy dress (ie fancy stress). Just over 4 weeks to go :)

WOOHOO!!!!

Dear Cejx and Yoghurt on a stick.

I am by no means an expert (1st SGP last year) but as no one else has replied, here goes;

It is not a massive site, camping did not feel overly squashed last year, lots of gazebos etc.

Like any festival, the earlier you arrive, the shorter your walk from the car park and the bigger camping space you can secure.

South camping was the most "hectic" - nearest the remix bubble (dance tent, renamed this year)

Security was a big issue last year (if you look on facebook SGP site and scroll back you may find discussions there). They have said this year things will be improved. Last year there were strict searches and sniffer dogs. Who can tell what the situation will be this year. I have a site map from last year. Will do my best to post. Running out of lunch time.

What I will say is that we loved it last year and can't wait to go back. We love Glasto and we left SGP with that same, happy, floaty feeling. It is on a much smaller scale but still plenty big enough, loads of different areas and the attention to detail with the arty stuff is amazing. I could go on, but, like I said...back to work xx

I am by no means an expert (1st SGP last year) but as no one else has replied, here goes;

It is not a massive site, camping did not feel overly squashed last year, lots of gazebos etc.

Like any festival, the earlier you arrive, the shorter your walk from the car park and the bigger camping space you can secure.

South camping was the most "hectic" - nearest the remix bubble (dance tent, renamed this year)

Security was a big issue last year (if you look on facebook SGP site and scroll back you may find discussions there). They have said this year things will be improved. Last year there were strict searches and sniffer dogs. Who can tell what the situation will be this year. I have a site map from last year. Will do my best to post. Running out of lunch time.

What I will say is that we loved it last year and can't wait to go back. We love Glasto and we left SGP with that same, happy, floaty feeling. It is on a much smaller scale but still plenty big enough, loads of different areas and the attention to detail with the arty stuff is amazing. I could go on, but, like I said...back to work xx

Really appreciated Miesh. Good to hear it's got a good vibe and a lot of arty stuff too. That's actually more my thing than music really. Them searches and dogs are going to be a bit of a bind. I'm thinking up more and more devious ways to get around the situation. I'm rather liking getting my mate to rub some marijuana on himself before going in ahead of me. He'll be picked up by a pack of screaming dogs but will actually have nothing on him. Meanwhile I slip through the net ignoring the situation. He then joins me later when they've found nothing on him. Now all I have to do is raise the idea with him to see what he thinks of it! lol

Thanks once again.

I can't work out how to post the image of the site map! Now I know how my mum feels when I am giving her computer help over the phone.

Can someone instruct me?

Or pm me their email and I can send it to them?

Sorry I really don't remember whether or not people had candles.

Loving the sending your mate ahead plan. There are certainly ways as there were lots of very happy people inside.

It is hard to guess how strict they will be, they have to ease up after last year and the suggestion above re Olympics taking resources away is sensible.