The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

11 minutes ago, LJS said:

It's pish Neil.

No, it's true fact - as demonstrated by those who are no less in awe of the wonderful indy campaign as you, and the "good indy people" like you refuse to admit their existence (snigger) because you know it shows you as the one talking pish.

If you're going to continue claiming they don't exist as big and significant number within indy supporters, i'm going to have to start putting their words in front of your face just to prove you wrong.

That would be very boring of me, just to call out your lie, wouldn't it?

Go on, do the decent thing and admit you're lying, and then I don't have to bore everyone to prove your lie.

16 minutes ago, LJS said:

That's if you can get past folk calling the SNP Nazis & no one call them out for it.

in comparison to the anti-english sentiment from snippers, that's side of things is non-existent. 

Mind you, you and all the other snippers managed to imagine that Khan was calling you nazos, so perhaps in your fantasies you see it a lot.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Wings Over Scotland.

The leading website for independence.

Where hatred of the English is the driving force.

Absolute Tosh. I have my own issues with wings mainly because the man who runs it is too much like you for my taste.

But hatred of the English is clearly not the driving force.

Which is all the more amusing when it's written in England because there's no Scots able to represent indy better, and there's no leading civic indy website.

Bella Caledonia, Common Space.

I do.

I haven't said it's your driving force.

I've said it's very VERY clearly one of the major driving forces. It can be seen in huge amounts anywhere that snippers have their say.

Stupid English twat.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

No, it's true fact - as demonstrated by those who are no less in awe of the wonderful indy campaign as you, and the "good indy people" like you refuse to admit their existence (snigger) because you know it shows you as the one talking pish.

If you're going to continue claiming they don't exist as big and significant number within indy supporters, i'm going to have to start putting their words in front of your face just to prove you wrong.

That would be very boring of me, just to call out your lie, wouldn't it?

Go on, do the decent thing and admit you're lying, and then I don't have to bore everyone to prove your lie.

Your claim that "the vast majority of snippers who express a view express an anti-English view."

is pish.

feel free to start posting whatever you want .

I'm sure you can guess what my response will be.

6 minutes ago, LJS said:

Absolute Tosh. I have my own issues with wings mainly because the man who runs it is too much like you for my taste.

But hatred of the English is clearly not the driving force.

PMSL :lol:

It's all he does, and it's all the readership comment about underneath.

6 minutes ago, LJS said:

Bella Caledonia, Common Space.

piddly readership compared to WoS. :rolleyes:

UK readership (position in UK rankings)

Bella: 15,286  
Common space: 7,020  
Wos: 2,786  

And just for comparison, efestivals: 3,955  

in comparison to the anti-english sentiment from snippers, that's side of things is non-existent. 

Pish 

Mind you, you and all the other snippers managed to imagine that Khan was calling you nazos, so perhaps in your fantasies you see it a lot.

Nazos? Is that a breakfast cereal?

Just now, LJS said:

Pish 

Nazos? Is that a breakfast cereal?

oh well, I guess I'm going to have to bore you then, but putting in front of you what your countrymen think and you're to unthink to even think exists. :)

(hey, is that a bit like saying yo0u have a plan only to find out you don't?)

Don't get too excited tho, you'll have to wait a bit to discover the Scottish phenomenon you've missed for all of your life and are pretending doesn't exist in huge numbers.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

PMSL :lol:

It's all he does, and it's all the readership comment about underneath.

piddly readership compared to WoS. :rolleyes:

Size isn't everything, Neil.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Size isn't everything, Neil.

true, but it does prove beyond all doubt which version of indy is the popular one - and it's not a civic version, is it?

Tho even those 'civic' versions are laughable , like the one you showed us all where the English are obliged to pay for the pensions of Scots. Make up your own mind on that one for whether you're associating with English hatred or just the very VERY stupid.

Wings over Scotland is run by a racist, who organises hate-attacks on the English, "quislings", "traitors", and anyone else who dares to criticise the SNP and proposals for Scottish indy.

I'm not going to judge everyone who supports Scottish independence by that standard, but that is a hate-filled site of bile and bullying.

8 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Wings over Scotland is run by a racist, who organises hate-attacks on the English, "quislings", "traitors", and anyone else who dares to criticise the SNP and proposals for Scottish indy.

I'm not going to judge everyone who supports Scottish independence by that standard, but that is a hate-filled site of bile and bullying.

exactly.

And for the likes of comfy & LJS to pretend there's none of that within Scottish indy would be as insane as Farage claiming there's no significant racism within brexit supporters.

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

exactly.

And for the likes of comfy & LJS to pretend there's none of that within Scottish indy would be as insane as Farage claiming there's no significant racism within brexit supporters.

No one has ever said that there is none of that.

We have said there are loons on both sides. They are small  minorities on both sides.

You pretend otherwise.

But then you pretend lots of things.

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

No one has ever said that there is none of that.

We have said there are loons on both sides. They are small  minorities on both sides.

You pretend otherwise.

But then you pretend lots of things.

There are loons in all places.

There's lots of loons around farage. There's a similar proportion of loons in scottish indy.

There's far fewer loons against Scottish indy, because loons don't do facts.

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There are loons in all places.

There's lots of loons around farage. There's a similar proportion of loons in scottish indy.

There's far fewer loons against Scottish indy, because loons don't do facts.

There are plenty of yoon loons. I've been having a wee sniff round twitter in the past few days. Initially to try and gets taste of the other side of the argument and  not particularly in search of nutters.

What struck me right away were the number of apparently reasonable & sensible supporters of the UK who retweet & follow nutters.

I'd be happy to share some with you but, as I don't pretend that these guys are representative of those who support the union, I feel no need to do so.

Unless of course you want to embark on a War of the Loons.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Genuine question :)

What do these number represent Neil ? Is it " hits " per day ?

Can we move on from you saying that me or LJS don`t think that any indy supporters are idiots please. very tedious and worryingly folk might be starting to believe you....unless that`s the plan ;)

Kaos mentioned a while back about folk ( can`t remember if it was him or someone he knew ) being called a traitor. That is horrible stuff and totally unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, LJS said:

There are plenty of yoon loons. I've been having a wee sniff round twitter in the past few days. Initially to try and gets taste of the other side of the argument and  not particularly in search of nutters.

twitter is the place where people only shout at each other. It's not the place for conversations.

If you care to look in the places where conversations happen, you'll see loads of loads of conversations that are exactly as i've said, with endless snipers wading in to add to it.

It's not the isolated you want to pretend. If it was, I'd never have become hooked on reading about indy, just as I was on hooked on Farage, brexit, Trump, and Corbyn - in each, it's the anti-fact nutters running riot, with everything that comes from those who've rejected the power their brain has.

1 minute ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Genuine question :)

What do these number represent Neil ? Is it " hits " per day ?

They're rankings within the UK for popularity.

Unsurprisingly, the beeb comes in at number one (or did years ago, when i looked to see if it was).

As a rough approximation - from what I know from those rankings and of festie websites - WoS has around ten times the readership of Bella

(as it happens, the ranges of those scottish websites are around where efests sits and varies [from about 1,000th in June to around 7,000th in september] and other festie websites [that i know real traffic numbers for] are - so i know a bit more than comes from those numbers alone)

Can we move on from you saying that me or LJS don`t think that any indy supporters are idiots please. very tedious and worryingly folk might be starting to believe you....unless that`s the plan ;)

I'm not going to stop posting truth, so you'll have to keep on falsely denying it and it'll go on forever, or you'll have to accept it enough to stop arguing back.

It's exceedingly clear that there's a large proportion of indy supporters who are driven by an anti-english agenda (perhaps amongst other things), because it crops up as a significant chunk of just about any discussion of indy.

And if all were as righteous and you and LJS wish to believe, at least some of them would be called out about it - and they never are.

Kaos mentioned a while back about folk ( can`t remember if it was him or someone he knew ) being called a traitor. That is horrible stuff and totally unacceptable.

Again, it's exceedingly standard stuff from snippers. 'Traitors' and 'quislings', and lots of pointing out that the English in Scotland were one of the groupings who weren't majority for indy.

The numbers thing is interesting. I'll have a sniff around google re those other pro Indy sites you mentioned.

If we say there are approximately 10 folk post on this thread can you hazard a guess at how many people post on those other sites ?

Is it 1000's or 10's of thousands or way more ?

Appreciate you might not know this but would be interesting to get a very rough idea on the number of folk engaged in that way.

4 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

What do you mean by falsely denying it ?

Can you please be specific.

you've been acting like the existence of these types as indy supporters is something you've never encountered.

I can't believe your denial of them as genuine. There's far too many of them. Enough for an englishman at T in the Park to encounter anti-English sentiment more times than not, for example.

I'm pointing out they infect indy convos anywhere I read (including the major Scottish papers) at around the same rate as the full-on UKIP nutters used to infect any convo around UKIP or the EU. (rather oddly, these types have most disappeared since the brexit vote was won, tho there's still plenty of the milder 'shut up you lost' types around).

Even Common Space or Bella or something similar (i forget which LJS linked to) give them space, and via that suggest that the sort of anti-english sentiment that's suggesting rUK will pay all Scottish pensions is mainstream and acceptable to indy-ists everywhere.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Even Common Space or Bella or something similar (i forget which LJS linked to) give them space, and via that suggest that the sort of anti-english sentiment that's suggesting rUK will pay all Scottish pensions is mainstream and acceptable to indy-ists everywhere.

I sense the goal-posts are starting to move already.

"suggesting rUK will pay all Scottish pensions is mainstream and acceptable to indy-ists everywhere." may be factually inaccurate. It is not in any sense of the phrase "anti-english sentiment"

6 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

The numbers thing is interesting. I'll have a sniff around google re those other pro Indy sites you mentioned.

If we say there are approximately 10 folk post on this thread can you hazard a guess at how many people post on those other sites ?

Is it 1000's or 10's of thousands or way more ?

Appreciate you might not know this but would be interesting to get a very rough idea on the number of folk engaged in that way.

those numbers are not about 'posting' they're about reading.

I can tell you that WoS will be getting around 40,000 unique daily readers, Common Space around 10k, and Bella around 4k as recent averages.

(I can't tell you how long the averages are worked out over, but as the WoS ranking is close-sh to where efests currently is [and efests gets to around 1000th in its best month], I'm confident in those numbers).