The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

10 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Neil's rubbish earlier that she should of called it 9 months ago would have been a gift to the unionists. If she had dived straight in she would of lost badly.

and to threaten something but then not carry out that threat is to what...? Bottle it.

And she's still bottling it by bullshitting you. You're going to use the pound and join the EU, apparently.

I've got to ask, want to buy a bridge? I'll sell it to you cheap. :D

I guess Scotland will use the pound and join the EU, cos Scots are more special than other Europeans like Montenegros, right?

To the debate around Scottish Indy ?

Clearly one matters more. 

Away from the context of Scottish Indy you are right, each bedroom is equal. The blood and soil banter is just Neil's way of implying nazi similarities. He also likens the yes movement with fascism. 

The SNP leadership campaign with blood and soil, on the basis of Scotland's special status via history. There's nothing civic about that.

LJS is the only one in this thread to compare the SNP with fascism.  

Oh look, comfy lied again. Lies is all indy has.

Where England has veered right and English nationalism tends to be of the nostalgic kind, laced with anti-immigrant rhetoric, Scotland has veered left and embraced a civic-style nationalism, welcoming anyone who wants to live and work in the country.

care to tell me what's civic about believing Scotland has rights that others in the UK do not?

Go on, please tell me what civic thing makes Scots super-special. I've been asking for weeks.

Mr. Sutkowski, 28, talked about Polish immigrants in England and how the mood had changed since the vote to leave the European Union. Racist slurs have become more common. Poles now often find themselves accused of stealing jobs and benefits.

Mr Sutkowski should come and spend a few days in Bristol, to find out what real multicultural is and how he's spreading baseless lies.

Or are the old bill liars too?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

The SNP leadership campaign with blood and soil, on the basis of Scotland's special status via history. There's nothing civic about that.

LJS is the only one in this thread to compare the SNP with fascism.  

Is he really? Comfy have you still got that link you posted recently of Neil doing just that?

Oh look, comfy lied again. Lies is all indy has.

Lies aren't all Neil has though, he also has crass insults.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Mr Sutkowski should come and spend a few days in Bristol, to find out what real multicultural is and how he's spreading baseless lies.

Or are the old bill liars too?

" lucky " Mr  Sutkowski and the New York Times were only giving their opinion. Other opinions are available.

I agree with you about Bristol.

Hows their bid for Indy going :-)

8 hours ago, LJS said:

So what if Scottish figures have fallen?

numbers go up, and numbers go down again?

Just like in England?

8 hours ago, LJS said:

The only people who ever make this claim are the likes of you and Neil who claim it on behalf of Comfy and myself.

because there's nothing like that to be found on the leading independence website....? :lol:

Or it cannot be seen as a CONSTANT from snippers underneath any and all indy newspaper stories (even in Scotland's leading papers)?

FFS :lol:

If you want to deny it exists, do you need to be shown thousands and thousands and thousands of examples?

(and will you claim that constant isn't any part of the indy supporters you've ever met? :lol:)

8 hours ago, LJS said:

neither you nor I have no idea if that statistic you just plucked our of your arse is true.

and you don't know it's true when you claim Pole bashing happens on every English street. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, LJS said:

I do think overall Britain is a reasonably tolerant place. It worries me that that may well be under threat.

It's the want of division that creates division

You don't seem worried enough to withdrawn your support from causing it.

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

" lucky " Mr  Sutkowski and the New York Times were only giving their opinion. Other opinions are available.

I agree with you about Bristol.

Hows their bid for Indy going :-)

we're ahead of you, we have a sovereign currency. :)

We also have a solidary that Scotland doesn't have.

We're also more pro-EU.

We pay more of our own way.

And we're less selfish.

It's going great, thank you. :)

Edited by eFestivals

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

care to tell me what's civic about believing Scotland has rights that others in the UK do not?

Go on, please tell me what civic thing makes Scots super-special. I've been asking for weeks.

But no one actually thinks Scotland is super special or a master race. We've been pointing this out for weeks. 

The snp are moving forward with their mandate, slowly. That's all that is happening up here. They will have the vote and may or may not win.

We are years away from it. I sense NS is open to extend her stated period of choice.

You mentioned cosying up to fascists again the other day. 

6 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Are you really claiming your walk into town is much more integrated than the whole of Scotland ;-)

Come and see for yourself. :)

On my street (about 100 houses) there's: Polish, Irish, Indian, Pakistani, Turkish, Jamaican (and other west indian), Lithuanian, Portuguese, Spanish, Somali, Eritrean, Sudanese - and they're just the ones I know about.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

But no one actually thinks Scotland is super special or a master race. We've been pointing this out for weeks. 

Salmond does.

Just last week in the HoC he said Scotland was "being treated like a county not a country"

Go on, tell me that wasn't him saying the he believes people in Scotland have rights others in the UK don't.

FFS. :lol:

There's fuck all civic about what Salmond says, and Sturgeon does the same not-civic thing too.

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Disdain for UKIP, eh? The party that said all the lovely options are available if we're leaving the EU.

Which rather sounds like all the lovely options for iScotland, like the pound which Sturgeon has just said is her preferred currency, along with EU membership.

I guess she's never heard of Montenegro, then? Who doesn't meet EU accession criteria because it doesn't have a sovereign currency.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accession_of_Montenegro_to_the_European_Union

Is Sturgeon playing little scottie like Farage plays the brain dead? Hah, it couldn't be, right? :lol:

Either you already know your FM is incompetent, or you know your FM is trying to win with bullshit (or you're just mighty fucking dumb).

Either way .... :lol::lol:

Yep, she's definitely not like Farage, nothing like him. She doesn't want to throw the country off a cliff, definitely not. :lol:

So anyway, Scotland is going to use the pound and join the EU.

Seriously, LJS & comfy, can you not see that you're being played...?

Come and see for yourself. :)

On my street (about 100 houses) there's: Polish, Irish, Indian, Pakistani, Turkish, Jamaican (and other west indian), Lithuanian, Portuguese, Spanish, Somali, Eritrean, Sundanese - and they're just the ones I know about.

I've been to Bristol a few times. Really liked it :-)

If there is a supported bid locally for independence then I wish you well.

22 minutes ago, LJS said:

Is he really? Comfy have you still got that link you posted recently of Neil doing just that?

Lies aren't all Neil has though, he also has crass insults.

Care to explain the civic in Salmond last week in the HoC saying that Scotland was "being treated like a county not a country"?

I've been asking you this question for weeks. You spent the first month denying it because I couldn't find a quote for you, but just last week the nice Mr Salmond stood up in the HoC and spoke it to the world.

So tell me the civic in that.

Or accept that the civic isn't there.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Salmond does.

Just last week in the HoC he said Scotland was "being treated like a county not a country"

Go on, tell me that wasn't him saying the he believes people in Scotland have rights others in the UK don't.

There's fuck all civic about what Salmond says, and Sturgeon does the same not-civic thing too.

Salmons thinks people living in Scotland are super special or a master race ?

Really :-)

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So anyway, Scotland is going to use the pound and join the EU.

Seriously, LJS & comfy, can you not see that you're being played...?

You may wish to check what sturgeon actually said .

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and you don't know it's true when you claim Pole bashing happens on every English street. :rolleyes:

Oh dear, Neil.

Desperate stuff.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Care to explain the civic in Salmond last week in the HoC saying that Scotland was "being treated like a county not a country"?

I've been asking you this question for weeks. You spent the first month denying it because I couldn't find a quote for you, but just last week the nice Mr Salmond stood up in the HoC and spoke it to the world.

So tell me the civic in that.

Or accept that the civic isn't there.

You do know about this mandate thingy .......

They did have it in there, folk voted for them, Dorset has no such thing. This thread is sometimes about Should Scotland be an independent Country.

nb. I dont mean any offence to Dorset. They maybe also have an Indy campaign like Scotland and Bristol.

4 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

You do know about this mandate thingy .......

yep. A county can have a mandate. :)

And Salmond didn't talk about mandates, he talked about Scotland having a right that counties don't have.

What don't you understand about equality?

They did have it in there, folk voted for them, Dorset has no such thing. This thread is sometimes about Should Scotland be an independent Country.

Salmond didn't talk about mandates, he talked about there being a difference in rights between a country and county.

I'm asking you what's civic about that. You're not addressing what i asked and posting desperate stuff.

What's civic about claiming a greater right?

Edited by eFestivals

13 minutes ago, LJS said:

You may wish to check what sturgeon actually said .

Did she also say her want was the impossible? 

No? Then why is suggesting the impossible, and leaving it lingering for people to believe as possible?

She could have made clear that her want was impossible. She didn't, she instead suggested it was possible.

It's like Farage and Boris and Gove saying staying in the single market was possible if we left the EU - bullshit via which to try to get the votes to win.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Did she also say her want was the impossible? 

No? Then why is suggesting the impossible, and leaving it lingering for people to believe as possible?

She could have made clear that her want was impossible. She didn't, she instead suggested it was possible.

It's like Farage and Boris and Gove saying staying in the single market was possible if we left the EU - bullshit via which to try to get the votes to win.

You may wish to check what sturgeon said.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep. A county can have a mandate. :)

And Salmond didn't talk about mandates, he talked about Scotland having a right that counties don't have.

What don't you understand about equality?

Salmond didn't talk about mandates, he talked about there being a difference in rights between a country and county.

I'm asking you what's civic about that. You're not addressing what i asked and posting desperate stuff.

What's civic about claiming a greater right?

Did he say greater right ?

My admittedly tedious point is that the Snp currently sit on a mandate, voted through at the Scottish election.... in our parliament. I'm not aware of any Counties having a similar mandate but I'm all ears.....well eyes.