Darren Callingham Woods, Darren Minnall, Darren Luckhurst...

Becky63

I know what you mean Neil and that some people are just shy but there was always something odd about the way he stared at folk (for me anyway) and I personally reckon he isn't shy at all, is a good judge of character, and knows exactly who to target and when.

I remember (since all this came out) having a go at him in Newcastle for staring, but at the time I just thought he was weird.

And I don't agree with online friends not being your friends. Some can be and don't be fooled into thinking someone you have known in real life for many years wouldn't screw you over in exactly the same way as Darren has here!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've pointed out on a number of occasions, forum friends or facebook friends are not your friends. It is foolish to think that they are, and to trust them as you would your real friends.

That aside, I do know that at least one person has been successful in retrieving money from Darren, so Becky might have the same luck if she keeps pursuing things.

After we had met at a few festivals in 09/2010 I considered him to be a friend , he had helped me with tickets and i helped him but then he said he could get V tickets for that year and Muse tickets , none turned up and my name was not fit to burn .

its made my blood boil reading this and brought back all the feelings i had when i was ripped off by him .

Edited by karlpowell

He used his 'I'm a Pyro Guy' story to convince us he'd get us tickets for the Green Day gigs at Wembley. He first said they'd be free, then said he has to donate £20 to charity to get them. When we arrived he was piss drunk and said that his mate had the tickets. This went on for ages and as the gig approached he still hadn't produced the tickets. Then, thinking that he was out of our sight/hearing range (he wasn't), went and bought our tickets from a ticket tout for over face value! A week later I got a phone call from him asking to borrow £350 for an engagement ring. Looks like he tried to groom our confidence in him so we'd hand over the cash, luckily I was skint anyway so couldn't give him anything. If I did have it, I might just have been guilt tripped into giving it to him. Actually getting us the tickets was probably also an attempt to get us to vouch for him in the future when attempting to scam some of our shared friends via the same method. He'll turn up, he's proved he's either too brave or too stupid to call it a day with the festival community by turning up to festivals since.

I know what you mean Neil and that some people are just shy but there was always something odd about the way he stared at folk (for me anyway) and I personally reckon he isn't shy at all, is a good judge of character, and knows exactly who to target and when.

I remember (since all this came out) having a go at him in Newcastle for staring, but at the time I just thought he was weird.

And I don't agree with online friends not being your friends. Some can be and don't be fooled into thinking someone you have known in real life for many years wouldn't screw you over in exactly the same way as Darren has here!!

I feel a little guilty that I did not make my feelings known about him to others. At that meet we had in Manchester he stayed over at mine and one evening I challenged him and asked exactly what he was doing here and what he wanted from us all, I just felt he was disingenuous to us all and had an agenda of his own. I honestly felt that it was just me thinking that way, and when I did mention it to a few others they tried to convince me I was wrong. I had very little to do with him after that at festivals but the community is such that trust is given rather than earned. Also it is difficult to raise concerns without sounding like a moaning old bitch.

Having been away from many of the festivals for a couple of seasons I have been shocked, but not surprised, by some of the allegations made over his actions. Unfortunately I can't see this been an end to it for him as I truly believe that he has been doing this for a long time, and he can really spin a good yarn out. I just hope that it does not change the way people are within our "community". I have had a few generous acts of kindness thrown my way over the years by people I had not even met, and I like to think that I have done the same back. I got ripped off very badly over Glasto tickets a couple of years back, but I think I would still try to help people out where I can.

I was just wondering though. If we bumped into him next year what could we actually do about it?

He used his 'I'm a Pyro Guy' story to convince us he'd get us tickets for the Green Day gigs at Wembley. He first said they'd be free, then said he has to donate £20 to charity to get them. When we arrived he was piss drunk and said that his mate had the tickets. This went on for ages and as the gig approached he still hadn't produced the tickets. Then, thinking that he was out of our sight/hearing range (he wasn't), went and bought our tickets from a ticket tout for over face value! A week later I got a phone call from him asking to borrow £350 for an engagement ring. Looks like he tried to groom our confidence in him so we'd hand over the cash, luckily I was skint anyway so couldn't give him anything. If I did have it, I might just have been guilt tripped into giving it to him. Actually getting us the tickets was probably also an attempt to get us to

vouch for him in the future when attempting to scam some of our shared friends via the same method. He'll turn up, he's proved he's either too brave or too stupid to call it a day with the festival community by turning up to festivals since.

See this story makes him sound like he genuinely tries and/or thinks he can get tickets.

I feel a little guilty that I did not make my feelings known about him to others. At that meet we had in Manchester he stayed over at mine and one evening I challenged him and asked exactly what he was doing here and what he wanted from us all, I just felt he was disingenuous to us all and had an agenda of his own. I honestly felt that it was just me thinking that way, and when I did mention it to a few others they tried to convince me I was wrong. I had very little to do with him after that at festivals but the community is such that trust is given rather than earned. Also it is difficult to raise concerns without sounding like a moaning old bitch.

Having been away from many of the festivals for a couple of seasons I have been shocked, but not surprised, by some of the allegations made over his actions. Unfortunately I can't see this been an end to it for him as I truly believe that he has been doing this for a long time, and he can really spin a good yarn out. I just hope that it does not change the way people are within our "community". I have had a few generous acts of kindness thrown my way over the years by people I had not even met, and I like to think that I have done the same back. I got ripped off very badly over Glasto tickets a couple of years back, but I think I would still try to help people out where I can.

I was just wondering though. If we bumped into him next year what could we actually do about it?

I will be telling him what i think of what he has done but I guess he will already know as there's nothing stopping him lurking here.

I wouldn't mind hearing his side of the story but with everything that has come out about him I doubt he will have anything to say that would convince me he is nothing but scum.

I will be telling him what i think of what he has done but I guess he will already know as there's nothing stopping him lurking here.

I wouldn't mind hearing his side of the story but with everything that has come out about him I doubt he will have anything to say that would convince me he is nothing but scum.

Lets face it he will have nothing to say. He will just be staring at your cleavage ;)

Has anyone actually contacted the police about this guy?

it's definitely worth doing. Taking money by deception is a criminal offence.

The old bill might try and fob a complainant off by saying its a commercial dispute but that's bollocks. They WILL pick it up and pursue it if they're pushed hard enough, as someone on these forums has recently proven over another case (the posts about that are in the V forum I think).

Maybe work together to catalogue all the deceptive crimes he has committed, all information you have on him from as many sources as possible, and then present it to the police. I think they'd be more inclined to take action if they were overwhelmed with all these complaints at the same time.

Sounds like a very, very selfish person.

We've already had it out with him when he joined the Alchemy group on facebook. He was left in no doubt about how we felt about him and was told not to approach the camp or any of us if he knew what was good for him.

He made some pathetic atempt to jusitfy what he had done and said that he felt deeply ashamed and that he had been in a dark place at that time in his life and that he would regret it for the rest of his life.

At Alchemy he ran a mile when he turned a corner to find chocscoffer, big jock and myself in front of him!