Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Pukkelpop 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
151 replies to this topic

#81 johnybegood

johnybegood

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

If she will be ok in middle june, why did she cancel Balaton Sound 15th july?

#82 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

If she will be ok in middle june, why did she cancel Balaton Sound 15th july?

Good point.

We dont want her to cancel pukkelpop do we?

#83 h1210

h1210

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

+ Refused, The Shins, Sub Focus and Billy Talent

Can anyone explain roughly what you can get with each food/drink voucher? i.e. How many for a beer (0.3l? 0.5l?) etc.

#84 karelaanzee

karelaanzee

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

1 voucher = 1 beer = 0,25l
1 voucher = 1 soda drink = 0,25l
1 voucher = 1 water = 0,33l
1 voucher = frikandel, boulet,...
1,5 voucher = french fries
2 vouchers = hamburger
pizza, asian food, sandwiches, mojito's,... can also be be bought but don't know for how many vouchers.

#85 DiscothequeDave

DiscothequeDave

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

1 token for a beer which is roughly half a pint.

#86 h1210

h1210

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

1 voucher = 1 beer = 0,25l
1 voucher = 1 soda drink = 0,25l
1 voucher = 1 water = 0,33l
1 voucher = frikandel, boulet,...
1,5 voucher = french fries
2 vouchers = hamburger
pizza, asian food, sandwiches, mojito's,... can also be be bought but don't know for how many vouchers.

Awesome, cheers for that. Booked our combi tickets first thing this morning :)

#87 festivalfan

festivalfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

RIDE/TAXI-SHARE FROM DUSSELSORF AIRPORT TO PUKKELPOP?
I'm supposed to be getting to Dusseldorf airport noonish on Thursday, Aug 16.
Would be interested in getting a ride or sharing a taxi to Hasselt.
I've taken the train before and it takes up to 4 hours with about 3 changes.
Took the taxi last year and it was a bit steep for just one person (over 150 euros).
If you're also getting into Dusseldorf airport and renting a car or taking a taxi,
please let me know at: ffhp4f@gmail.com
Thanks a lot
festivalfan

#88 johnybegood

johnybegood

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

This year this forum is dead... anyone heard about rumours? I have been told that no more headliners will be added, At The Drive In won't play and the festival will sell out in the forthcoming weeks...

#89 jimmyjimmy4080

jimmyjimmy4080

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I blame Semprini he was always good for rumours and banter, come back Semprini we miss you!! Really looking forward to the festival now after a year off (picked a good year to miss), can't wait to get to Hasselt.

#90 johnybegood

johnybegood

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yeah... Semprini we miss you!!!

#91 Trufflehound

Trufflehound

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Five new names added just a couple of minutes ago:

http://www.pukkelpop...-new-names/1328

Although no one I've heard of...

#92 johnybegood

johnybegood

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

If you check pukkelpop line-up in their site, Santigold is a co-headliner!!! amazing!! this festival is downhill with no brakes!!!

#93 Semprini

Semprini

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

Haha......I'm feeling the love guys, it's always nice to be appreciated!!

I made a conscious decision a while back to keep away from the usual websites I trawl through each year, although I have been checking on here every now and then. At this moment in time, I'm not feeling as down about the fact I won't be going as I thought I would but that will most probably change when the date of the festival gets closer. I had a few beers Saturday night and watched a load of old youtube clips from the Boiler Room (2009 being a favourite!) and that was the first time I really felt gutted that I won't be there again this summer.

I personally think they have done an amazing job with the line up so far. None of us know the financial position the festival was in after last year and I really didn't expect them to come back with anything like what they have. Granted, it's not as strong as some of the others around this summer but the fact it's even on and with the same number of stages is something to be thankful for. I love a lot of the dance acts and DJs they've got, there's 3 solid headliners and I haven't even investigated any of the bands at the bottom of the poster which always throws up some gems. I also feel it wouldn't be a Pukkelpop without johnybegood having a bit of a moan about the line up so it's all good really ;) :D We'll have to keep a few beers on ice for next summer, you too jimmyjimmy so don't drink them all!!

More important than all that though, it will be special this year for all those thousands of people to be able to go back and show their respects to those who didn't make it. I think a lot of them will also feel the need to step back on the fields again to have some sort of personal closure on what happened last year. It's probably fair to say they will party harder than ever before because of it.

#94 johnybegood

johnybegood

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:24 AM

Haha......I'm feeling the love guys, it's always nice to be appreciated!!

I made a conscious decision a while back to keep away from the usual websites I trawl through each year, although I have been checking on here every now and then. At this moment in time, I'm not feeling as down about the fact I won't be going as I thought I would but that will most probably change when the date of the festival gets closer. I had a few beers Saturday night and watched a load of old youtube clips from the Boiler Room (2009 being a favourite!) and that was the first time I really felt gutted that I won't be there again this summer.

I personally think they have done an amazing job with the line up so far. None of us know the financial position the festival was in after last year and I really didn't expect them to come back with anything like what they have. Granted, it's not as strong as some of the others around this summer but the fact it's even on and with the same number of stages is something to be thankful for. I love a lot of the dance acts and DJs they've got, there's 3 solid headliners and I haven't even investigated any of the bands at the bottom of the poster which always throws up some gems. I also feel it wouldn't be a Pukkelpop without johnybegood having a bit of a moan about the line up so it's all good really ;) :D We'll have to keep a few beers on ice for next summer, you too jimmyjimmy so don't drink them all!!

More important than all that though, it will be special this year for all those thousands of people to be able to go back and show their respects to those who didn't make it. I think a lot of them will also feel the need to step back on the fields again to have some sort of personal closure on what happened last year. It's probably fair to say they will party harder than ever before because of it.

I will say the guy in Express By Holiday Inn Hasselt to prepare a bucket full of ice and beers for august 2013!!!

I think that 2010 line-up was so awesome that it's imposible to reach that level again.

For Example:
2010 thursday main stage closing bands: Placebo, Iron Maiden, Blink 182 and The Kooks.
2012 thursday main stage closing bands: Bjork, Bloc Party, Santigold and maybe Feist

It's not moaning... it's just reality!

#95 DiscothequeDave

DiscothequeDave

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

It's been reported today that the storm caused an estimated 78 million Euros worth of damage!

I'm still pretty pleased with the line up and am glad we booked up.

I've worked out (roughly) that they've announced 151 acts so far. 2011 had 226 acts, 2010 had 204 and 2009 had 195. So there should hopefully be at least 50 bands still to come.

For me, a few more house/electronic acts are needed and no more dubstep/dnb acts please!

If there are any more biggish band I'd expect to be one of: Kaiser Chiefs, Flo + the Machine, Killers (doubtful), Noel Gallager, Friendly Fires, Ting Tings, Gossip.

Still fingers crossed for Etienne De Crecy and Daft Punk (check out the helmet logo on the PP artwork, could be a hint but probably isn't)

#96 DiscothequeDave

DiscothequeDave

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

And Placebo and Snow Patrol can still fuck off!

#97 jimmyjimmy4080

jimmyjimmy4080

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

I've worked out (roughly) that they've announced 151 acts so far. 2011 had 226 acts, 2010 had 204 and 2009 had 195. So there should hopefully be at least 50 bands still to come.

That's Very interesting Dave (yawny face thing), I'm pleased with the line up, particularly the lower order, just have to drag myself out of the pub early doors.....keeping in mind I have Dave along for company that shouldn't be too hard.

#98 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,863 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

Out of interest will lykke li be be sub headlining? or is there likely to be a few bands in between stone roses and her. Dont know how big she is in belguim.

#99 Trufflehound

Trufflehound

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Out of interest will lykke li be be sub headlining? or is there likely to be a few bands in between stone roses and her. Dont know how big she is in belguim.

She's pretty big in Belgium. I Follow Rivers was a platinum-selling no.1 hit for her last year. Then Triggerfinger covered it this year and also got to no.1 with it.

Edited by Trufflehound, 24 May 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#100 Trufflehound

Trufflehound

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

Good to see the announcement of 30 new bands yesterday, all Belgian, has sparked the usual flurry of excited chatter on here... :)