Pukkelpop 2012

Guest johnybegood

Nice thing they moved Billy talent on friday as i think friday is the less interesting day of the 3. Even if those who go only on saturday won't like this very much...

And do you guys know if it's normal that the stages during the 3 days have often a different number of bands and if they will try to balance it a little more by moving or adding a few more bands?

:superblue:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how soon to the festival that the stage times will be announced?

Also, is there a supermarket near to campsite A?

We're flying in to Charleroi. How long will the train take from there? We fly back on the Monday and are staying in Brussels for the Sunday night. Any cheap hotel recommendations from anyone?

From the website

Bus line A provides a permanent connection between the airport and CHARLEROI-SUD station. There is no direct train connection to Hasselt. Your best choice is a train that stops at BRUSSEL-ZUID/MIDI station or LIEGE-GUILLEMINS station. At those stations, you transfer to a train to KIEWIT station or HASSELT station. De Lijn will provide a quick shuttle service between HASSELT station and the Pukkelpop festival ground

So bus from Chareroi to Brussels then train to Kiewit, takes from memory about 50 mins on the bus then 1 hr 20 mins on train to Hasselt.

We're flying in Thursday morning to Charlerhell (it really is a shit hole) and flying back on the Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Expect a lot of youngsters the 15th (age 16-17) :)

There's a party going on at the festival site (boilerroom), but the camping is just a camping.

They will do a small check on your bags for glass. (almost) everything else can be brought inside.

People are friendly, it's not rude security there!

It's the first time there's a B-camping actually. So it will be new for everyone on that site...

Have a great time.

Altough I'm not going for them... foo fighters act will be historic refering to last year!

It's my first time at Pukkelpop this year. Anyone know about stage clashes? I have a bit of a problem in that I would love to be able to see Foo Fighters as well as Refused. Do the Shelter headliners play later than the main stage headliners? Bit of a horrible clash for a lot of people I would imagine.

It's my first time at Pukkelpop this year. Anyone know about stage clashes? I have a bit of a problem in that I would love to be able to see Foo Fighters as well as Refused. Do the Shelter headliners play later than the main stage headliners? Bit of a horrible clash for a lot of people I would imagine.

I've a question.... How it look a case with entrance on festival? I mean, you are showing a ticket, which you have bought before and you have to have it for all time with you or you exchange it for some kind of band like this in attached photo?

opaskau.jpg&w=620&h=491&ei=cUEVULetH8mZsgbZyoDACg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=192&vpy=234&dur=15&hovh=200&hovw=252&tx=106&ty=101&sig=112872636558087797009&page=1&tbnh=162&tbnw=195&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:93

http://www.google.pl...3&tx=139&ty=113

Edited by hamasz1

Question for anyone who's driven before: can you choose your carpark or are you directed to a particular one depending on where you drive from? I'm camping in B so it would be nice to get into P14 or 15. Also, does anyone know how long the walk is from B to the main site? I know there is a shuttle bus but I'm hoping it is also walkable. Cheers

Edited by pea tear griffin

Question for anyone who's driven before: can you choose your carpark or are you directed to a particular one depending on where you drive from? I'm camping in B so it would be nice to get into P14 or 15. Also, does anyone know how long the walk is from B to the main site? I know there is a shuttle bus but I'm hoping it is also walkable. Cheers

Hi Guys, I'm travelling from Manchester for the Friday to watch the Stone Roses. Was due to travel with a friend who can unfortunately no longer make it.

Won't get another chance to see the roses so im determined to still go! anybody going from the UK for the friday? I'm in brussels the thursday night then travel to the site on the friday. Also have a spare and ID if anybody would like to use it.

Cheers

Just want to say I hope everyone who is going has an amazing time - I'm sooooo jealous of you all!! I'm sure the next few days will feel really strange; it's been difficult to get it out of my head today so God knows what Thursday to Saturday will be like. It hasn't really bothered me that much up to now that I won't be there for the first time in 6 years but the reality is starting to hit home now. I think there's a live stream available so, in between changing nappies and making bottles, I'm going to watch as much as I can!!

There's a birds-eye picture of the site doing the rounds on Facebook which shows they've changed all the tents from previous years, as well as swapping the Wablief? and Castello round. The 'dance area' between the Boiler and Dance Hall is a more permanent structure after last year, almost like another arena in itself. Some of the set times have been adjusted too, with the most notable being the Stone Roses getting an extra 10 minutes (no idea why they only had an hour in the first place?!?!?). I'm sure you're all already on it but the app is now available and there's free wifi on site so I expect lots of updates over the weekend!!

Frankie Kaye - that's a really nice gesture and I'd bite your hand off if there was anyway I could make it over. I did price up flights leaving early on Friday morning and back on Sunday but there's no way I can do it.

See you all in 2013!!!!