Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just stumbled across this festival. It looks brilliant. Can anyone give me some more info, thinking of booking it as my boyfriends xmas present. I presume it's easiest to fly to Lisbon? We probably wouldn't want to camp. Is there accomodation nearby that you could stay in? Is it easy to get in and out of?

Would appreciate any reviews of ppl that have been before

I just stumbled across this festival. It looks brilliant. Can anyone give me some more info, thinking of booking it as my boyfriends xmas present. I presume it's easiest to fly to Lisbon? We probably wouldn't want to camp. Is there accomodation nearby that you could stay in? Is it easy to get in and out of?

Would appreciate any reviews of ppl that have been before

It's 10 mins by car to the train station that runs west down the beach. Not sure how late they run though (this will go until 5am or so!). Lisbon to Cascais/Estoril (the two main 'liverlier' beach places) takes 25 to 30 mins by train. Cab would be expensive though (I did it years ago and I think it was about 35 euros plus).

Dunno mate about mroe bands, although I read before that the Black Keys and Dum Dum Girls are both playing but they haven't been officially 'added' yet. If you look at last year's line-up the headliners were a lot heavier.

I would guess the new year for more info. If I wanted to publicise my fest, I wouldn't issue a press release at Xmas time!

I have a feeling we're going to end up going to Optimus and Rock Am Ring next summer... Radiohead are enough to take me to Optimus plus i've never been to Portugal and i'm sure they know how to party over there!! ;)

Let's hope for some more solid acts announced soon so we can get tickets sorted... Bring on next summer!

Well looks like I'll be off to this. 3 fantastic headliners imo and looks a great fest for the price.

Couple of questions though if anyone knows. Does it ever sell out? Is the festival price atm an early bird price or does it stick at that? Just can't really afford to book flights and the ticket with this months wage so was going to get the flights tomorrow and the fest ticket at the end of Jan. But if it ever sells out that quick or if the price goes up dramatically i might do it the other way round.

Ticket prices will increase next year along with the the Portuguese VAT increase, that will be next Sunday. Day tickets will cost 53 euros and 3 days 105 euros.

Florence + The Machine won't headline so there's still one to be announced.

Tickets sold out in the last two years but I'd say that if you purchase them in January/February you won't have any problem. You can check how many ticket are still available here: http://www.ticketline.pt/

Just go to OPTIMUS ALIVE'12, choose the category (day or 3day) and place your mouse over the picture. 50% of the day ticket for Radiohead have been sold already.