Green Day/Pearl Jam/Bruce Springsteen - Possible?

Guest Jackosityguy

So they've already said it is three 'big' American rock bands playing IOW this year, Springsteen is already confirmed for the sunday, Pearl Jam have a new album out next year apparantly and Green Day would appeal to the teenage audience. I have a feeling sonisphere will get RHCP. I have a strong feeling this really could be the lineup, in an attempt to make IOW more rock based this year? I mean, if this was to be the lineup, i'd be there without a doubt.

Anyone agree this is actually possible or is it just wishful thinking for the other two headliners?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they've already said it is three 'big' American rock bands playing IOW this year, Springsteen is already confirmed for the sunday, Pearl Jam have a new album out next year apparantly and Green Day would appeal to the teenage audience. I have a feeling sonisphere will get RHCP. I have a strong feeling this really could be the lineup, in an attempt to make IOW more rock based this year? I mean, if this was to be the lineup, i'd be there without a doubt.

Anyone agree this is actually possible or is it just wishful thinking for the other two headliners?

Don't think it will be Pearl Jam - apparently a few European festivals, including Pinkpop, have tried to get them and were told it wasn't possible, because their new album wouldn't be out by then, and so they wouldn't be touring.

Plus, as someone has already said, Matt Cameron will be drumming with Soundgarden at some point next year, having just recorded some new music with the band. I suppose they will be touring that - no point in not promoting it. Soundgarden are maybe a bit too "heavy" for IOW eh?

However, Springsteen/Pearl Jam would be a phenomenal line-up. Green Day put on a great show too, it would be good to see them headline such a major festival.

Fri

The Killers/ Nickelback

Mumford and sons

The Hives

Sat

Greenday

Blink 182

The Kooks

Sun

Springsteen

Elbow

Noel Gallager

With the word that the big top is going to be 'dancier' maybe Calvin Harris, Example, chase and status

Edited by limbless101

Going by the new announcements, could see Green Day being the Saturday headliner... was it ever stated that it was going to be a band for all three headliners?, could see someone like Kanye West being the friday headliner. Would also give a bit of difference in the three headliners then.

Going by the new announcements, could see Green Day being the Saturday headliner... was it ever stated that it was going to be a band for all three headliners?, could see someone like Kanye West being the friday headliner. Would also give a bit of difference in the three headliners then.

Don't think it will be Pearl Jam - apparently a few European festivals, including Pinkpop, have tried to get them and were told it wasn't possible, because their new album wouldn't be out by then, and so they wouldn't be touring.

Plus, as someone has already said, Matt Cameron will be drumming with Soundgarden at some point next year, having just recorded some new music with the band. I suppose they will be touring that - no point in not promoting it. Soundgarden are maybe a bit too "heavy" for IOW eh?

However, Springsteen/Pearl Jam would be a phenomenal line-up. Green Day put on a great show too, it would be good to see them headline such a major festival.

Why would it be Blink under Elbow and MCR under Biffy when Elbow and Biffy are subbing and Blink are a much bigger band and arguably MCR are a bigger band than Biffy so Gazza please read the announcements properly before making ridiculous statements when it is confirmed that Biffy and Elbow are subbing