Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

Not seeing the word exclusive anywhere on the official stuff? So hopefully not? And if he isn't a festival exclusive.. this must make him likely for another festival right? :D

from the PR:-

"Bon Iver will close Latitude’s Obelisk Arena in his first major headline slot and only UK festival appearance in 2012"

Latitude this year has a lot of stuff my Mum would like.

Disappointed with that line up - not worth £175, and annoyed I bought early before seeing the line up. I don't get Bon Iver, so not interested in them as a headliner.. Paul Weller - dull. Elbow - OK. Nothing grabs me this year, unlike last year - even the retro stuff was interesting last year. This year - Simple Minds???!!!! Daryl Hall!!!???

I'll be in the Word and Comedy Arena (which looks good this year) and the one by the lake where the Bees played last year. And the bar of course :-)

• Upvote 1

Latitude this year has a lot of stuff my Mum would like.

Disappointed with that line up - not worth £175, and annoyed I bought early before seeing the line up. I don't get Bon Iver, so not interested in them as a headliner.. Paul Weller - dull. Elbow - OK. Nothing grabs me this year, unlike last year - even the retro stuff was interesting last year. This year - Simple Minds???!!!! Daryl Hall!!!???

I'll be in the Word and Comedy Arena (which looks good this year) and the one by the lake where the Bees played last year. And the bar of course :-)

Have you heard M83, Battles or Explosions in the Sky? I would recommend a listen if you haven't, quality

• Upvote 2

Bitterly disappointed with this year's line up - Paul Weller in The Jam days was an inspiration, he is now just a sad reflection of his former self; Elbow are like a disease, they creep in frickin everywhere and send you into a comatose state (well they did me at Reading last year anyway!) and Bon Iver I don't get either. White Lies would have been a much better Saturday headliner on the Obelisk and am shocked that they only made the Word Arena - if my previous experiences of their gigs is anything to go by then I'm sure their pyrotechnics might achieve that quite easily!! Would also like to have seen the likes of Tribes and Spector make an appearance as they seem to be doing a lot of other festivals.

Personally I would have liked The Cure as a headliner, still keeping everything crossed for Hop Farm then - if there is gonna be one this year...

Has anyone heard any rumours about Sundays special guest? Previously I heard talk of Joanna Newsom or The Cure, but these seem to have dissappeared everywhere...

It won't be The Cure. While I've had a suggestion of them being at Latitude it's based on nothing but guesswork ... and they won't sub another act, and they'll be a Reading/Leeds exclusive.

It might well be Newsome tho - there was something pretty solid behind that. I should have left it in the rumours.

On a brighter note, Battles ARE playing on the Saturday, as per their website! Happy days!

:D

Neil, will you update your rumours to reflect that Battles are playing Saturday, not unknown day. I have always wanted to influence your rumours pages and would feel honoured if you updated your wonderful website for this well researched fact

Tee hee!!!

Neil, will you update your rumours to reflect that Battles are playing Saturday, not unknown day. I have always wanted to influence your rumours pages and would feel honoured if you updated your wonderful website for this well researched fact

Tee hee!!!

thanks, but that's something we won't do.

Someone might buy a ticket for that day on the basis of what we've presented to them as officially confirmed info. As which day a band plays sometimes gets moved around, we don't wish to be responsible for having misled them.

(it is something we do with rumours if we've got the day info, and it is something we do when a fest only sells weekend tickets. But it's not something we do in this particular circumstance).

Special guest screams out 'Ed Sheeran'

Local lad who opened the main stage last year before becoming popular. He is also playing thetford forest (Suffolk) on 12th July.

Maybe not announced with line up due to v festival or something??

Not on the ed Sheehan bandwagon but my gf would be made up