Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Latitude 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
375 replies to this topic

#141 Gingerbond

Gingerbond

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Not fussed about music lineup tbh - too much else to see there - just need to make sure we get tickets..

Couldn't agree more. I tend to find i watch very little of the music during the day. Roll on Monday!

#142 Octave Doctor

Octave Doctor

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yeah - keep it quiet about tickets on sale Monday - esp on forums .. Dont want everyone in on it ;) ..

#143 Gingerbond

Gingerbond

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

:secret: ....Whoops...yeah good thinking!

#144 Pablohoney46

Pablohoney46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Just got my 2 tickets (early via Vodafone). Won't be impressed if Latitude thinks Bon Iver and PJ Harvey are worthy as headliners but there will be so much good stuff all over the festival, there always is :-)

#145 Thowky

Thowky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Just got my 2 tickets (early via Vodafone). Won't be impressed if Latitude thinks Bon Iver and PJ Harvey are worthy as headliners but there will be so much good stuff all over the festival, there always is :-)

I'd love to see PJ Harvey as a headliner myself whether people consider her worthy or not. Bon Iver just doesn't feel like a headliner to me though, they'd be a great fit for 2nd on the bill but just not a band I'd want to end the night on. They could surprise me though, I felt the same way about The National and ended up enjoying their performance more than almost anyone else I saw that year.

#146 Banana Co

Banana Co

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Could The Undertones be anywhere on the line up? They played Electric Picnic last year (FR festival as we know).

#147 Octave Doctor

Octave Doctor

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Top tip there - muchas gracias ! Have just registered for the Vodafone VIP thing and let me buy tickets now - saves me a job tomorrow- nice work! ( I knew Vodafone must be good for something - as I can never get a phone signal ..)

#148 Pablohoney46

Pablohoney46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Top tip there - muchas gracias ! Have just registered for the Vodafone VIP thing and let me buy tickets now - saves me a job tomorrow- nice work! ( I knew Vodafone must be good for something - as I can never get a phone signal ..)

Nice to have helped out :-)

#149 glimmers_of_hope

glimmers_of_hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

I think PJ harvey would be an amazing headliner - Bon Iver might suprise as well.

They would seem to me to be very typical of Latitude headliners.

#150 adamski

adamski

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

So it's weller, bon iver and elbow headlining then. Not bad.....

http://www.telegraph...e-Festival.html

#151 Tugger2k

Tugger2k

your love will be, safe with me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

bon iver is the pick of the bunch there

if you havent seen them, you dont know how good they are
if you havent seen them since forever ago, the band has evolved loads

9 piece band, drummer and a percussionist, brass, strings, all multi instrumentalists, amazing band

if we get a starlight night it will be a truly magical night on the obelisk

oh man i cant wait, they are the reason i bought my ticket in the presale in november/december

#152 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

bon iver is the pick of the bunch there

if you havent seen them, you dont know how good they are

Or if you were unlucky enough to see them at a particular UK festival a few years back, you know they can be particularly dull.

Perhaps that was on off day. I know it wasn't just me that thought so, even those who'd been raving about them thought so.

#153 paulomas

paulomas

slowhands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

not really impressed with the artists/bands that are listed in that article. i hope there's alot more getting announced later tonight on top of that otherwise i don't think i'll be going

#154 glimmers_of_hope

glimmers_of_hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I like your thinking, some amazing bands there - I think there will be a lot of people on this list there, particularly the smaller bands like Spector, Django Django and Alabama Shakes

Laura Marling played the obelisk last year so I don't think she will be there again for a little bit.
The Horrors played that same slot 2 years ago and they are definately bigger now so I think they would be elsewhere if they are on the bill.

Same with the XX they headlined in 2010 although someone has already said they are an exclusive elsewhere.

Patrick Wolf headlined the Word/Uncut previously so I think he would be main stage now (although arguably his last 2 albums have not been as big as the magic position) - I think it's a good shout that he will be there though.

JAMC would be a big draw as they haven't played for a while. I'd love to see it but I don't reckon they will be there IMHO - love to be proved wrong though.

Dodgy - if they are there it's gotta be a early afternoon main stage sunday singalong surely (just playing staying out for the summer, in a room and good enough for 30 mins would work) : )

I think Mystery Jets, Feist, Los Campesinos, Field Music, will also be there

apols sounds like you were on the money with The Horrors and Laura Marling

#155 glimmers_of_hope

glimmers_of_hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

There are some really good names on the list not too many suprises really

I hadn't considered Weller though.

I really hate him but I think it will be a popular choice and a good latitude headliner.

I'm pleased that Janelle Monae is going to be there, I missed her at Glasto but love the album.

#156 Banana Co

Banana Co

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

Could The Horrors and Bat For Lashes headline the Word arena?

#157 eFestivals

eFestivals

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Could The Horrors and Bat For Lashes headline the Word arena?

The Horrors could, but Bats can't as other bands are. :)

There's more than the telegraph has published being announced tonight - I know that and i haven't even seen the press release yet. :lol:

#158 dacbo

dacbo

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Or if you were unlucky enough to see them at a particular UK festival a few years back, you know they can be particularly dull.

Perhaps that was on off day. I know it wasn't just me that thought so, even those who'd been raving about them thought so.

do give them a chance. the glasto other stage billing a few years ago was a pretty poor placement (not that I went to that performance, saw them at the park the night before).

this incarnation of the live band is something else. if the Hammersmith show in october anything to go by Bon Iver will be pick of the bunch at Latitude this year.

#159 hapnin26

hapnin26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Can't help but feel disappointed. With no Glasto and Big Chill this year I feel Melvin has missed a big opportunity, but hey ho, I'm sure the full announcement tonight will be alright. Bloody Paul Weller though? Seriously?

#160 eFestivals

eFestivals

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

do give them a chance. the glasto other stage billing a few years ago was a pretty poor placement (not that I went to that performance, saw them at the park the night before).

I didn't see them at Glastonbury, but elsewhere.

I was told just how stunning they'd been at Glasto just before I saw them. Having seen them it's going to be hard for me to get to believe they can be stunning. :lol: