Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

bon iver is the pick of the bunch there

if you havent seen them, you dont know how good they are

if you havent seen them since forever ago, the band has evolved loads

9 piece band, drummer and a percussionist, brass, strings, all multi instrumentalists, amazing band

if we get a starlight night it will be a truly magical night on the obelisk

oh man i cant wait, they are the reason i bought my ticket in the presale in november/december

bon iver is the pick of the bunch there

if you havent seen them, you dont know how good they are

Or if you were unlucky enough to see them at a particular UK festival a few years back, you know they can be particularly dull.

Perhaps that was on off day. I know it wasn't just me that thought so, even those who'd been raving about them thought so.

I like your thinking, some amazing bands there - I think there will be a lot of people on this list there, particularly the smaller bands like Spector, Django Django and Alabama Shakes

Laura Marling played the obelisk last year so I don't think she will be there again for a little bit.

The Horrors played that same slot 2 years ago and they are definately bigger now so I think they would be elsewhere if they are on the bill.

Same with the XX they headlined in 2010 although someone has already said they are an exclusive elsewhere.

Patrick Wolf headlined the Word/Uncut previously so I think he would be main stage now (although arguably his last 2 albums have not been as big as the magic position) - I think it's a good shout that he will be there though.

JAMC would be a big draw as they haven't played for a while. I'd love to see it but I don't reckon they will be there IMHO - love to be proved wrong though.

Dodgy - if they are there it's gotta be a early afternoon main stage sunday singalong surely (just playing staying out for the summer, in a room and good enough for 30 mins would work) : )

I think Mystery Jets, Feist, Los Campesinos, Field Music, will also be there

apols sounds like you were on the money with The Horrors and Laura Marling

Or if you were unlucky enough to see them at a particular UK festival a few years back, you know they can be particularly dull.

Perhaps that was on off day. I know it wasn't just me that thought so, even those who'd been raving about them thought so.

do give them a chance. the glasto other stage billing a few years ago was a pretty poor placement (not that I went to that performance, saw them at the park the night before).

this incarnation of the live band is something else. if the Hammersmith show in october anything to go by Bon Iver will be pick of the bunch at Latitude this year.

do give them a chance. the glasto other stage billing a few years ago was a pretty poor placement (not that I went to that performance, saw them at the park the night before).

I didn't see them at Glastonbury, but elsewhere.

I was told just how stunning they'd been at Glasto just before I saw them. Having seen them it's going to be hard for me to get to believe they can be stunning. :lol:

I didn't see them at Glastonbury, but elsewhere.

I was told just how stunning they'd been at Glasto just before I saw them. Having seen them it's going to be hard for me to get to believe they can be stunning. :lol:

I just assumed :D

Seriously though Bon Iver is a completely different live show now than 2008/9. Was blown away the two times I've seen him/them on tours for each of the albums but for completely different reasons each time.