Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

well people are talking bout The Cure headlining reading/leeds so they'd definitely be the biggest headliner at latitude, and if it is elbow and the pixies then that would be 3 pretty huge headliners and like I said before MB stated he wasn't going to try and make the festival larger so I just don't see it happening unfortunately. But then again I can't think of many others who might headline.

Ha

the spanish archer and the 2nd headliner have been confirmed since December

no guess's required.

they are so good i bought my pre sale ticket then

i simply want to know who the 3rd headliner is to make latitude complete

Joanna Newsom was really good last time she played Latitude and drew a big crowd but it was the 12.00 slot so no other music. I think she probably has a core fan base similar size to Belle & Sebastian.

I just saw that Keane are touring this year and making a comeback - it made me wince, I sincerely hope that they aren't headliners.

Black Keys SR for Reading - makes me think that it's more of a possiblilty they will play, there is often a crossover of acts.

I really enjoyed Latitude last year, and hope to again this year. The so called headliners last year, and those rumoured for this year, are not the main draw (Paulo Nutini drew all the teenagers away from the other tents, which was nice) - the other tents is where the music is at.

But please, surely not Mumford and Sons!!!!!!!!?????? Maybe I should bring my Mum along too then.

Edited by Pablohoney46

Bloc Party are playing Melt in Germany the same weekend as Latitude, think this could suggest a slot? They're not the most suited to Latitude, but if they're doing festivals then they're sure to play somewhere in the UK, and if it's around that time...

Bloc Party are playing Melt in Germany the same weekend as Latitude, think this could suggest a slot? They're not the most suited to Latitude, but if they're doing festivals then they're sure to play somewhere in the UK, and if it's around that time...

Just saw this too. I think they would suit Latitude kinda like Franz Ferdinand when they headlined. I really hope they do play because they can be awesome live. I really enjoyed Kele last year.

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what the camping situation is at Latitude?

For instance, do you camp on the festival site a la Glasto or do you get kicked out into a pointless, souless camping field like an untrustworthy 10 year old at the end of each day?

Any info much appreciated.

I have placed the 2011 map on my server { its likely to be very similer to 2012 version }

http://www.wbc-team....ersion-2011.pdf

you can see the Main arena is over to your left but there is a hidden area before you cross over the bridge marked Sunrise Arena and ' In the Woods '

I know the ' In the Woods ' area used to stay open far later than the Main arena but as far I am aware for 2012 this is likely to close at 3am.

When Latitude first started as it was a hidden area due to it being in a forest many people were not aware it was there but in recent years this has got very busy - so busy in fact they had to set up a one way system just to control the flow of people and I think this is the main reason why they are imposing time restrictions.

They may have had a time restriction in 2011 for that area but because I had a crew pass its information not relevant to me so would not have noticed.

the image below is from 2011 { you can can see it is a dense forest }

latitude-2011_n.jpg