Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

I doubt Flaming Lips will play.

I'm going to go for Mumford & Sons / Kaiser Chiefs / Elbow

I think you'll only get one of them if that. The fest is run by R&L people. In the whole history, Latitude has only been headlined by a band that's been on the R&L lineup that year being last year in The National.

Kaiser Chiefs are said to be 3rd main at R&L.

I think Elbow will be one. I'd say Kaiser's another, think Mumford might just be too big for it, Vampire weekend played it and they aren't as big as Mumford I don't think. FATM played it but no english major fest at same time, if any other english fest.

Elbow, Kaiser Cheifs, Bjork would be a guess.

I think you'll only get one of them if that. The fest is run by R&L people. In the whole history, Latitude has only been headlined by a band that's been on the R&L lineup that year being last year in The National.

I think Elbow will be one. I'd say Kaiser's another, think Mumford might just be too big for it, Vampire weekend played it and they aren't as big as Mumford I don't think. FATM played it but no english major fest at same time, if any other english fest.

Mumford & Sons have only had one album - they're not 'too big' for anything. They're headlining Rockness (20,000) so I think that headlining Latitude (25,000) would be exactly within their league.

I think Bjork is too big for Latitude myself, Bestival is twice the size. They only reason I could see for her playing there would be because of the nature of her current Biophelia show.

Elbow just seem like a safe name, and they've played everywhere else too recently.

Mumford & Sons have only had one album - they're not 'too big' for anything. They're headlining Rockness (20,000) so I think that headlining Latitude (25,000) would be exactly within their league.

I think Bjork is too big for Latitude myself, Bestival is twice the size. They only reason I could see for her playing there would be because of the nature of her current Biophelia show.

Elbow just seem like a safe name, and they've played everywhere else too recently.

Yes your right to be fair. One album that's made them huge but yes they could still do it. Them or Kaiser's, but I think both will be at R&L. But that's just my view. And with your Bjork info, yes you may be right.

That is not true - in 2007 Arcade Fire Headlined Latitude Sunday and were at Reading/Leeds.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I can see Elbow headlining as I thought they would last year.

PJ Harvey only did a limited tour last year for Let England Shake so am hoping she will headline this year

Then I can see any one of Maccabees/Black Keys/Bloc Party/Kaisers doing the other headline slot.

Ed Sheeran only played last year and is unworthy to headline mainstage IMO, although he and mumford have both been amazingly popular at Latitude before.

Mumford aren't actually too big, but have done well in America so hopefully that might put them out of the price range

The only year all 3 headliners appealed to me was Arcade Fire/The Good, The Bad & The Queen/Damien Rice. Since then the 3 headliners have been a proper mixed bag where i've only liked 1 maybe 2 so this year i'm not holding out much hope, but gonna enjoy it anyway cos tent headliners normally make up for it

Any ideas where the strong rumour for Elbow came from. I can see them headlining easily this year, they are now big enough to headline a festival like latitude, and would be a real crowd pleaser for the Henham crowd. An ideal headliner. I thought they would just about guarantee a sell out again thi year.

Now waiting for kraftwerk to be confirmed as a second headliner! Not sure about the third.

Any ideas where the strong rumour for Elbow came from. I can see them headlining easily this year, they are now big enough to headline a festival like latitude, and would be a real crowd pleaser for the Henham crowd. An ideal headliner. I thought they would just about guarantee a sell out again thi year.

Now waiting for kraftwerk to be confirmed as a second headliner! Not sure about the third.

Actually. the third headliner will be the Flaming Lips - I can really see that, they would be well suited to Latitude and would be an awesome addition!

Elbow & Cure will be awesome - I hope this happens.

Does anyone know whether it is staying the same size or is it going to take the opportunity of no glasto and some bigger headliners to grow a bit? ( I hope it stays the same).

Melvin Benn has been quoted as saying that there will be no more increase in people this year.http://youtu.be/K_DIPWjYU4Q

3rd headliner? we don't even know the second yet, the best guess is The Cure but to have them and elbow would be massive and MB has stated he isn't going to try and expand the festival in terms of band size this year. Personally I think it will be elbow, someone who used to be massive and has died down ever so slightly and an act who have a large cult following.

3rd headliner? we don't even know the second yet, the best guess is The Cure but to have them and elbow would be massive and MB has stated he isn't going to try and expand the festival in terms of band size this year. Personally I think it will be elbow, someone who used to be massive and has died down ever so slightly and an act who have a large cult following.

Would not be surprised totally by Elbow, The Cure and Pixies.