375 replies to this topic

#21 rachbon

rachbon

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,422 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

i'm still trying to decide on a 3rd festival for this year, latitude seems to be top of the list at the moment but it will depend on how easily i can get there. it always has a line up that really appeals to me.

Edited by _rachelbon, 03 January 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#22 benji333

benji333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Rumours suggest Radiohead and Mumford and Sons

#23 zeppelin

zeppelin

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Rumours suggest Radiohead and Mumford and Sons

Radiohead at Latitude? No chance.

Would take a lot to get me back there to be honest, there was something about Latitude that just didn't work for me but obviously does for many others so I'm glad about that.

Although the Gaslight Anthem playing would probably make me buy a day ticket or work it again haha

#24 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

The Cure are down as rumour on here...I wonder...

#25 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Drag City had some Joanne Newsome tour dates which suggested that she was playing latitude,..

#26 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

shes the other rumour on here

#27 Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

It'd be a bit out of character for Latitude to book a headliner with the calibre of The Cure, unless they're trying to show ambitions to be a bigger festival.

It might fit in well with the ethic and whatnot, but they're miles bigger than any of the headliners that they've had before. Plus, if they're playing Bilbao BBK as is widely rumoured, they'd have to peg it back to the UK. Seems more likely to me that they'll stick around and play something in Portugal too.

I think Mumford & Sons makes sense though.

#28 splinterbungee

splinterbungee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

Drag City had some Joanne Newsome tour dates which suggested that she was playing latitude,..

I've had a look on that but i can only see March dates, what suggests she's playing latitude or have they removed the dates?

#29 Tugger2k

Tugger2k

your love will be, safe with me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

newsom and the cure

interesting

either would be a perfect fit to go with.....................

#30 lendan

lendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm tempted by Latitude this year, i'm only 20 miles away and if the Mumford rumour becomes reality then i'm there. Throw in The Vaccines too then i'll be happy.

Edited by lendan, 18 January 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#31 mrtourette

mrtourette

purple monkey dishwasher

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,870 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

The Cure are SR now, were they just R before or am I imagining it?

#32 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

The Cure are SR now, were they just R before or am I imagining it?

yeah...just a rumour before. Not a massive Cure fan myself but my missus loves 'em which means I'll have do less begging than normal. Be our first time at Latitude but looking forward to it.

Edited by Flaminglippy, 19 January 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#33 riverlodge

riverlodge

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

cure great, but please not fatty bumford again and NEVER the lad trash thats kaiser chiefs.

#34 mahoneypepe

mahoneypepe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

I've had a look on that but i can only see March dates, what suggests she's playing latitude or have they removed the dates?

Here's the drag city slip-up on newsom: http://img40.imagesh...nbenannt2rb.png

#35 stylishkids

stylishkids

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

I just can't see The Cure been here and I'm a bit surprised they're a strong rumour for the simple reason 3 gigs in 3 countries is too much.

Travelling from Bilbao to Lisbon is not too bad, but to go then to Latitude is too much imo. For a start they won't be finishing their set in Lisbon till around 2 - 2:30am I'd imagine. Considering they play for around 2 and a half hours they'd have to get to begin their Latitude set around 8:30pm. That leaves 18 hours. 18 hours for them to:

Leave the stage in Lisbon
Travel to their hotel
Get a good nights rest
Travel from the hotel to the airport
Catch a flight to London
Travel from London to arrive at Latitude
Set up equipment

That would be a lot of travelling. After having a show in Bilbao only the day before Lisbon I can't see it happening. I read a piece with Rob Da Bank yesterday about Robert Smith how thorough he is, will only do something if it's absolutely correct and if it's planned perfectly. I can't see him agreeing to 3 festivals in 3 different countries. Especially when it is to do with Latitude. No offence to the place but it's a medium sized festival. It would be a large coup for Latitude to get them. I can't see why The Cure, being a fairly large band would be utterly desperate to play and that they'd go to that much trouble just to do so.

And as for the map that's just rumours. I've also seen a further map where the UK point is in London. Unlike other larger countries it's much harder to pinpoint where the green point on the blurred image on the Cure's website could be for.

#36 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

I just can't see The Cure been here and I'm a bit surprised they're a strong rumour for the simple reason 3 gigs in 3 countries is too much.

Travelling from Bilbao to Lisbon is not too bad, but to go then to Latitude is too much imo. For a start they won't be finishing their set in Lisbon till around 2 - 2:30am I'd imagine. Considering they play for around 2 and a half hours they'd have to get to begin their Latitude set around 8:30pm. That leaves 18 hours. 18 hours for them to:

Leave the stage in Lisbon
Travel to their hotel
Get a good nights rest
Travel from the hotel to the airport
Catch a flight to London
Travel from London to arrive at Latitude
Set up equipment

That would be a lot of travelling. After having a show in Bilbao only the day before Lisbon I can't see it happening. I read a piece with Rob Da Bank yesterday about Robert Smith how thorough he is, will only do something if it's absolutely correct and if it's planned perfectly. I can't see him agreeing to 3 festivals in 3 different countries. Especially when it is to do with Latitude. No offence to the place but it's a medium sized festival. It would be a large coup for Latitude to get them. I can't see why The Cure, being a fairly large band would be utterly desperate to play and that they'd go to that much trouble just to do so.

And as for the map that's just rumours. I've also seen a further map where the UK point is in London. Unlike other larger countries it's much harder to pinpoint where the green point on the blurred image on the Cure's website could be for.

Either you're every quiet at work or you have to much spare time on your hands...that said, some good points chap!

Hoping for Elbow myself...

#37 benji333

benji333

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Paolo managed it last year !?

#38 Couchy

Couchy

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

With Big Chill cancelled, I'm guessing FR will have more dollar to spunk on the line up & no Glasto on has freed up availability to book larger acts.

Elbow is a good shout, seems like the perfect audience for them & need to headline something.

#39 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,915 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

Big Chill being cancelled wo'ty free any further funds for bigger bookings for other fests. And it's likely to make the bookings more expense all around their fests, because there's less opportunity to do any sort of block bookings and get a reduced fee by doing so.

Glasto not happening makes no difference to anything, aside from freeing up three extra bands that could be booked and claimed as an exclusive.

#40 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

Would they end up with The Cure, Elbow, Noel Gallagher as their acts with The Cure being a possible UK, more likely england exclusive).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users