Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Werchter usually have 2 headliners per night, can see foos/metallica/Rhianna amongst the headliners.

With the likes of bjork, editors, Florence, strokes also playing but who knows.

Werchter have band through the day which headline uk festivals. Example of this is kasabian/mcr playing in the afternoon.

But it's a lovely well run festival with not a hint of trouble.

With the absence of Glastonbury am thinking of doing my first RW next year. One of our friends mentioned a 'Rock village' with 'wooden huts' you can stay in - would save us lugging tents etc via planes (live in the Channel Islands). Does anyone know about this 'village' and how you get tickets for it. Also whats the atmosphere like, and what is there to do apart from watch the bands ?

Cheers

With the absence of Glastonbury am thinking of doing my first RW next year. One of our friends mentioned a 'Rock village' with 'wooden huts' you can stay in - would save us lugging tents etc via planes (live in the Channel Islands). Does anyone know about this 'village' and how you get tickets for it. Also whats the atmosphere like, and what is there to do apart from watch the bands ?

Cheers

Cheers

Metallica are touring Europe, but all their confirmed shows so far are in May/early June. I was pretty sure that the other two headliners would be Radiohead and Metallica, but Metallica seems to be out. Who could be the fourth headliner then, Nickleback? The Prodigy? Björk? AC/DC? The Beatles? :P

Maybe Nickleback are not headliner but a lower slot is possible. Saw them at PinkPop in 2006 and they played midday at the second stage. I see Björk as a potential sub to Radiohead(I assume Radiohead headline the Thursday) and maybe The Prodigy can do a set like in 2009 when they played after Oasis, some kind of late night special.

But who is a potential headliner then? Radiohead and who? I can't see Blink-182 headline or the Killers...any ideas? What headlining material bands are touring at the time of Rock Werchter?

Edited by Gossard