Rock Werchter 2012

Guest august1

Hi,

Me and my sister will be attending Rock Werchter this year and It will be our first propper music festival!

The line up looks great, I actually think it's the best of the summer ones so far. We'll be travelling from the UK on a ryanair flight (I know!) because they're the most economical. And because they charge one way for checked in baggage we've decided to only take a bag with tents ect there and not bring it back.

I have a few questions to ask though. Since it will be just the two of us I would preffer a more quiet campsite at nights and If it's similar to Leeds fest then I assume the campsites that are futher away like A6 are generally quieter, am I right? And also do all the campsites serve breakfast like C3 does? Or does it vary.

Lastly I'm wondering how much money to take with us for the 4 days or 5 days If we include coming back. I went to I Love Techno in Ghent last year and I ended up spending £70 on train fares, food, drinks ect. Obviously I can't spend that much each day so Is it better to buy the 50 euros of food tickets in advance, or bring lots of our own food? We're gonna be coming from Charleroi station so we'll need to cover the fare from there to Brussles midi and back times 2. Will £150 be enough? Also does anyone know where the ticket office is at Charleroi? When I went there I couldn't find it so I had to jump the train!

Thanks

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Me and my sister will be attending Rock Werchter this year and It will be our first propper music festival!

The line up looks great, I actually think it's the best of the summer ones so far. We'll be travelling from the UK on a ryanair flight (I know!) because they're the most economical. And because they charge one way for checked in baggage we've decided to only take a bag with tents ect there and not bring it back.

I have a few questions to ask though. Since it will be just the two of us I would preffer a more quiet campsite at nights and If it's similar to Leeds fest then I assume the campsites that are futher away like A6 are generally quieter, am I right? And also do all the campsites serve breakfast like C3 does? Or does it vary.

Lastly I'm wondering how much money to take with us for the 4 days or 5 days If we include coming back. I went to I Love Techno in Ghent last year and I ended up spending £70 on train fares, food, drinks ect. Obviously I can't spend that much each day so Is it better to buy the 50 euros of food tickets in advance, or bring lots of our own food? We're gonna be coming from Charleroi station so we'll need to cover the fare from there to Brussles midi and back times 2. Will £150 be enough? Also does anyone know where the ticket office is at Charleroi? When I went there I couldn't find it so I had to jump the train!

Thanks

There all pretty chilled out, although I think a1 is the loudest, always found it alot nice to camp at rock werchter as the bands go on until 2am and everyone just chills afterwards.

They all have vans for breakfast and seating areas.

travel is free once you get into belguim so you wont need to pay for your travel from charleroi station, cant help you with where the ticket office sorry.

ill be cheaper bringing your own food, depending how much you drink in the arenas will depend how many vouchers you will need. as outside the arena it is cash only. Again will depend how much you drink/eat while your there, I usually spend couple of hundred but then again I buy alot of beer there!! :beach:

Cool,

Yea I know what you mean about chilled out Belgians, when I went last year everyone was so cool and relaxed, that why we chose Rock Werchter cos I know people are more friendly in Belgium.

I think the free travel only counts from Leuven to any station, but you have to change from Charleroi to get to Leuven, or does the ticket cover that journey too? I hope so! And looks like own food it will be. Is there a place to get food on the way to Rock Werchter or shall I just get some at the airport or somthing.

Also Which campsite do you usually stay at?

quick question. we've found a really nice and nicely priced place in machelen to hopefully stay on the monday, tuesday and possibly wednesday.

anyone know what the transport links are like for here to brussels and back, and crucially to leuven on the wednesday/thursday?

also, odd question but, does anyone know if irn bru is available to buy in brussels anywhere in cans? was going to be bringing some on the plane but seen on the wiki page that it's available to buy in belgium.

cheers for everyones help so far on this forum. it's great!

quick question. we've found a really nice and nicely priced place in machelen to hopefully stay on the monday, tuesday and possibly wednesday.

anyone know what the transport links are like for here to brussels and back, and crucially to leuven on the wednesday/thursday?

also, odd question but, does anyone know if irn bru is available to buy in brussels anywhere in cans? was going to be bringing some on the plane but seen on the wiki page that it's available to buy in belgium.

cheers for everyones help so far on this forum. it's great!

Any announcement would do for me. My ideal additions (that are vaguely realistic) would be

Bon Iver

City & Colour

Manchester Orchestra

Silversun Pickups

Apparat

Bonobo

Pantha du Prince

At the Drive-In

The Mars Volta

Miike Snow

The top 8 I've never seen and the bottom 2 have good new albums. Realistically, I'd bite your hand off for two of those

In an ideal world I'd like Radiohead and Jamiroquai but obviously that won't happen

But yeah, I think Amon Tobin is doing his full light show, which is AMAZING and is a MUST SEE

1:25 in on that one is just :-O

Edited by edfirth

Tickets booked! Quick question though, booked both me and my girlfriend the e-tickets and they have my name and address on them so now shes worried that she wont be able to use it or the tickets for the train being as my name is on them.

Another quick question. I've talked to some of my friends who went to bennicassim last year and they say they didn't buy tents and just bought some at the campsite itself. Does anyone know if you can buy tents at the RW campsites? Or if theres anywhere we can get a couple of cheap tents from?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked...but what's the best option for accomm if I'm NOT camping. I'm pretty chilled out and usually love camping, but I will have been backpacking for a few months already, I won't have any equipment etc, and also I like to actually sleep at night otherwise I get a bit psycho. Are companies like No Mud a decent option, or should I look for my own bed in Leuven or something? The less hassle the better.

Thanks!