Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

No Direction Home vs Primavera

Bjork Codeine GBV Jeff Mangum Yo La Tengo Other lives Primavera

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 asita

asita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

So the first band announcements for Primavera are through (Bjork, Codeine, GBV, Jeff Mangum, Yo La Tengo, Other lives). Any chance we'll get some announcements for NDH soon given that it's a week afterwards? I need to persuade friends to choose Sherwood over Barca, which isn't an easy task on the face of it.

Edited by asita, 11 November 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#2 killyourtv

killyourtv

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Sherwood over Barca ?

Cheap real ale, Cresswell Crags and Mr Straws House V expensive lager, tiny food and unfinished buildings - what's to choose ?

#3 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

Sunny days vs potential rain. Most the bands at No Direction Home will be at primavera. Primavera is pricier though, and harder to get to.

#4 Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

"Most the bands at No Direction Home will be at primavera."

You reckon? Educated guess, or do you know something more? I can certainly see some cross-over (Other Lives, given their popularity with the EoTR hardcore? GBV? Mangum?!!!!?).

Anyway, the obvious answer is 'go to both' ;)

#5 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

"Most the bands at No Direction Home will be at primavera."

You reckon? Educated guess, or do you know something more? I can certainly see some cross-over (Other Lives, given their popularity with the EoTR hardcore? GBV? Mangum?!!!!?).

Anyway, the obvious answer is 'go to both' ;)

Educated guess. If they are within a week of each other, athe US artists will def want to do both.

#6 asita

asita

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Educated guess. If they are within a week of each other, athe US artists will def want to do both.

To complicate matters Primavera actually has two weekends now - Barca, which is the week before, and Porto, which is a week later and has some of the same dates as NDR (Primavera runs Thurs-Sat). At the moment all those bands are doing both weekends bar GBV. Not sure if playing Porto makes a band more likely to be at NDH or not, but I think probably not on balance.

Edited by asita, 14 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#7 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Depends on the European tour by the band. They could do NDH and them primavera porto eaily enough