Just heard this...

Guest luckysalt

Most festivals when trying to get a big name to sign let the artist have a say who subs them.

Radiohead definatly asked for Beck to sub them at V2006

And Kasabian were booked to sub Oasis at V2005 and Oasis got it changed and Kasabian were then swapped with Reading pre announcements of course, and The Streets became the sub for Oasis [this was because back then Kasabian were so hot Oasis didn't want to play after them]

Noel Im guessing would want to know who he was subbing to and would refuse to play under Radiohead also as he hates them.

It happens a lot in festivals, most of the time its pre announcement but sometimes things get announced and then acts pull out but they refuse to play under another act.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to bands hating each other, it does happen a lot but there are exceptions. Gun N Roses & Queens Of The Stone Age played back to back despite Josh & Axl hating each other ever since Eagles Of Death Metal supported GnR. I think it happens lower down the bill too, Machine Head had pulled out of both R&L (before announcement) and Soni (they played after they pulled after announcement tho) because they refused to play under bands they disliked and Manics requested to play against Killers at R&L because they can't stand them a few years back.

Been having a think about potential headliners of the Festival for next year as no announcement due to be made... yet.

I think 3 out of the following...

Arcade Fire

Arctic Monkeys

Biffy Clyro

Bloc Party

Chemical Brothers

Elbow

FATM

The Killers

Pendulum

The Prodigy (Again? I know)

Radiohead

Snow Patrol

Stereophonics

Been having a think about potential headliners of the Festival for next year as no announcement due to be made... yet.

I think 3 out of the following...

Arcade Fire

Arctic Monkeys

Biffy Clyro

Bloc Party

Chemical Brothers

Elbow

FATM

The Killers

Pendulum

The Prodigy (Again? I know)

Radiohead

Snow Patrol

Stereophonics

last year if you remember IOW announced headliners and acts every day for a week - Giddings has said he sees no point in not announcing acts once he has them booked. So it could mean IOW announce more than once next week - and by Friday we could know all the headliners - if it follows the same pattern as last year. First we had they would announce on the 25th, and now it's the 21st - but, and I'm speculating, what if they are both right?

last year if you remember IOW announced headliners and acts every day for a week - Giddings has said he sees no point in not announcing acts once he has them booked. So it could mean IOW announce more than once next week - and by Friday we could know all the headliners - if it follows the same pattern as last year. First we had they would announce on the 25th, and now it's the 21st - but, and I'm speculating, what if they are both right?