Just heard this...

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of hours ago, John Giddings tweeted that IoW would NOT be having RHCP or Coldplay next year.

So I'm guessing that him tweeting that was related to what it is you've heard, which I guess is going around.

So that just leaves Keane, which I guess could be omitted for one of two reasons:-

1. they're playing, or

2. he doesn't consider them relevant &/or big enough to be worth mentioning.

A couple of hours ago, John Giddings tweeted that IoW would NOT be having RHCP or Coldplay next year.

So I'm guessing that him tweeting that was related to what it is you've heard, which I guess is going around.

So that just leaves Keane, which I guess could be omitted for one of two reasons:-

1. they're playing, or

2. he doesn't consider them relevant &/or big enough to be worth mentioning.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Could maybe see Snow Patrol doing what Kaiser Chiefs did this year and sub.

Friday - The Killers supported by Snow Patrol

Saturday - Radiohead supported by Elbow

Sunday - Coldplay supported by Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds

Would love to see Arcade Fire at the Festival though!

Edited by GRichards23

That would be an epic set of headliners, strong all round.

Arcade Fire have really come out of nowhere in last few years and i'm sure are up the list for Glasto in 2013... Plus i absolutely love em'

Killers have been linked for years, and with the new album, should be an exclusive

Radiohead would just be perfect to close the fest, Noel Gallagher supporting would be excellent

Snow patrol have headlined IOW, V and Oxegen and have just sold out nights at the O2 and around the countey so they are only getting bigger. I can't see then subbing anyone.

John Giddings has said the legend headliner slot that they have had in prev years will be back. Are Radiohead into Legend yet?? If so maybe they fit.

Everyone seems to be linking The Killers with IOW so that's a possibility.

You have Elbow subbing which in my opinion won't happen, I think they will start headlining festivals now. They subbbed at Glasto and have been very very popular.

So saying all that my guess is:

The Killers

Mumford and Sons

Elbow

Florence and the Machine

Radiohead

Noel Gallagher

Edited by sisco

Snow patrol have headlined IOW, V and Oxegen and have just sold out nights at the O2 and around the countey so they are only getting bigger. I can't see then subbing anyone.

John Giddings has said the legend headliner slot that they have had in prev years will be back. Are Radiohead into Legend yet?? If so maybe they fit.

You have Elbow subbing which in my opinion won't happen, I think they will start headlining festivals now. They subbbed at Glasto and have been very very popular.

The Killers

Mumford and Sons

Elbow

Florence and the Machine

Radiohead

Noel Gallagher

The Killers

Mumford and Sons

Elbow

Florence and the Machine

Radiohead

Noel Gallagher

Hey fairplay, I didn;t know this exactly and didn't realise how well thy;re arena tours were going.

So I'm going to say

Elbow

Florence

The Killers

Mumford

Then either, Radiohead, or a surprise David Bowie or The Rolling Stones Festival Exclusive. But Radiohead would be my tip.

Noel Gallagher

Dude, I like you.

Been thinking ever since Leeds Festival this year that Elbow should be given a headline shot. And the Isle of Wight Festival would be a perfect platform for it. Just didnt put it in just in case people thought i was bonkers.

Its very unrealistic but for a bit of complete insanity they should approach Enter Shikari for one of the days, that would be completely brilliant.

The Killers

Mumford and Sons

Keane

Elbow

Florence and the Machine

Enter Shikari

Radiohead

Noel Gallagher

Editors

Most festivals when trying to get a big name to sign let the artist have a say who subs them.

Radiohead definatly asked for Beck to sub them at V2006

And Kasabian were booked to sub Oasis at V2005 and Oasis got it changed and Kasabian were then swapped with Reading pre announcements of course, and The Streets became the sub for Oasis [this was because back then Kasabian were so hot Oasis didn't want to play after them]

Noel Im guessing would want to know who he was subbing to and would refuse to play under Radiohead also as he hates them.

It happens a lot in festivals, most of the time its pre announcement but sometimes things get announced and then acts pull out but they refuse to play under another act.

Most festivals when trying to get a big name to sign let the artist have a say who subs them.

Radiohead definatly asked for Beck to sub them at V2006

And Kasabian were booked to sub Oasis at V2005 and Oasis got it changed and Kasabian were then swapped with Reading pre announcements of course, and The Streets became the sub for Oasis [this was because back then Kasabian were so hot Oasis didn't want to play after them]

Noel Im guessing would want to know who he was subbing to and would refuse to play under Radiohead also as he hates them.

It happens a lot in festivals, most of the time its pre announcement but sometimes things get announced and then acts pull out but they refuse to play under another act.