The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be very, very suprised if they don't put on a free shuttle to the city centre after the gig. Doubt if there will be a free one to the gig but almost sure there will be one from the gig after as they want to clear the park (within 45 mins I read elsewhere).

This is a guess by me, I have no official information telling me there will be, just common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the times are for the Sunday 1st July show?

I live in Oxford, but I'm at a stag-do in Edinburgh that weekend so doing the gig en route on my way back....the only cheapish train gets into Manchester Piccadilly at 5.30pm....enough time to get to Heaton Park and see the majority of the acts?

Hi all,

I've booked Saturday tickets and left it too late to book any accommodation for the night (travelling up from London!). Every single B+B and Hostel is booked solid!

Does anyone have any recommendation for somewhere to crash which wouldn't be booked up and is affordable? (i.e. a pub with a cheap B+B upstairs)

Would anyone be kind enough to provide us a garden to pitch a tent in for the night?

We are very friendly, love music, and will bring beer!

Could even return the favour for a London gig one day maybe?! Karma an all that!

If anyone wants to make 3 new mates and feel really good about themselves for helping us in our time of need, please get in touch!

There are 3 of us. We're all safe as houses, and we're in our late 20s.

Cheers

Hi all,

I've booked Saturday tickets and left it too late to book any accommodation for the night (travelling up from London!). Every single B+B and Hostel is booked solid!

Does anyone have any recommendation for somewhere to crash which wouldn't be booked up and is affordable? (i.e. a pub with a cheap B+B upstairs)

Would anyone be kind enough to provide us a garden to pitch a tent in for the night?

We are very friendly, love music, and will bring beer!

Could even return the favour for a London gig one day maybe?! Karma an all that!

If anyone wants to make 3 new mates and feel really good about themselves for helping us in our time of need, please get in touch!

There are 3 of us. We're all safe as houses, and we're in our late 20s.

Cheers

game is at 7.45pm so you either don't bother with main support and have Roses on at 9.30 (is curfew 11 or 10.30 on a sunday?)or dont show it at all. What happens if there's extra time and penalties? Roses play for 45 mins (or 15) afterwards? Or do they play with the game on the screens, totally ruining it for those who are there for the band and dont care about England?

Can you imagine how horrible the atmosphere would be if England lost a final with that crowd? A big number of those going to the gig are going to be the same types who cause trouble when England lose in each tournament. the atmosphere will be edgy as it is without football adding to it.

Obviously there is very little chance of this actually happening, England need to get through Italy and probably Germany too but if it does happen the scheduling is a nightmare. I'd venture more than half the crowd are big football fans...

Guest manc_al

Are you going on the Friday manc-al ?

A weather and site conditions would be much appreciated on the Saturday before 12 !

I let 1 of my mates book hotel ........... We are staying at manc airport (muppet)

Plus any suggestions of a good night out after the show, ? Good booze , nice surroundings and that will welcome 4 Cumbrians on their best behaviour ! LOL

Yes i'm there on Friday

I update from site whilst there. Based on the forecast i'm expecting MUD which may be a problem getting into Manchester bars etc after the gig.

I strongly recommend that you pre-arange transport into Manchester afterward (ie. pre_booked taxi)....it'll be a nighmare getting into town afterwards!

Drinking? If you're after a good post concert Indie Club Night i'd go for 5th Avenue or 42nd Street.

Real Ale pubs are a plenty in the Northern Quarter.....not sure on opening times though. Theres not much around Heaton Park to get you excited i'm afraid....particulaly late night.

The Hogs Head near Shude Hill tram station serves Cumberland Ale ;)

Yes i'm there on Friday

I update from site whilst there. Based on the forecast i'm expecting MUD which may be a problem getting into Manchester bars etc after the gig.

I strongly recommend that you pre-arange transport into Manchester afterward (ie. pre_booked taxi)....it'll be a nighmare getting into town afterwards!

Drinking? If you're after a good post concert Indie Club Night i'd go for 5th Avenue or 42nd Street.

Real Ale pubs are a plenty in the Northern Quarter.....not sure on opening times though. Theres not much around Heaton Park to get you excited i'm afraid....particulaly late night.

The Hogs Head near Shude Hill tram station serves Cumberland Ale ;)