The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see them in the Phoenix Park in Dublin, I reckon the support act will be better in Dublin because British bands aren't as big here as they are in the UK. Much like Oasis' last stadium tour, UK dates consisted of Kasabian and The Enemy, when Oasis played Slane on the same tour we got The Prodigy, Kasabian and Glasvegas.

Kasabian still haven't managed to sell out The O2 Arena in Dublin, and have yet to headline an Irish festival. I have a sneaky feeling Kasabian might open for The Stone Roses in Dublin.

Seeing as they're headlining TITP that weekend and Oxegen (which usually shares it's line-up with TITP) would have been on that weekend but it's cancelled, rumour is there will be concerts on all weekend in Phoenix Park due to Oxegen's cancellation. Snow Patrol & Florence are playing one (both playing TITP) The Stone Roses are playing another, I fancy Kasabian to join them.

Saying that, it could just as easily be the uber-dull professional support act Elbow, also playing TITP that weekend.

I'm hoping Phoenix Park date looks like this:

The Stone Roses

Kasabian

Two Door Cinema Club (There will definitely be an Irish band)

Happy Mondays

Miles Kane

I think Heaton Park will be:

The Stone Roses

Elbow

Happy Mondays

Inspiral Carpets

Miles Kane

Edited by rotheboat16

I reckon it's a great booking. I'll be very annoyed if it's full of lad rock guitar bands, especially after their support choices for Spike Island, and them saying not many people would like the support (although maybe they're thinking not many people want lad rock guitar bands and that's why people aren't going to like them).

If so far we have The Vaccines and The Wailers, I wouldn't be too annoyed with that, not as bad as it could have been.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind any of Hot Chip, Justice, The Specials or New Order to make an appearence. However I know The Specials are exclusive to London Live.

• 3 weeks later...

On Friday they are joined by bass player Mani's other band Primal Scream, The Wailers, The Vaccines, and Kid British.

Saturday sees The Stone Roses top a bill of Beady Eye, The Wailers, Professor Green, and Hollie Cook.

Whilst on Sunday they're joined by Plan B, The Wailers, The Justice Tonight Band (feat. Mick Jones, Pete Wylie & The Farm), and Dirty North.

Plan B is a strange choice.