The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that good enough though? I'm a huge Roses fan, and was lucky enough to have seen them first time round. Considering the prices they're charging for the tickets, for them to turn round and say, 'oh, by the way, you wont like the support' is poor. If they'd filled it with cutting edge stuff, fair enough....but Plan B! If Smash Hits was still going he'd be all over it! Beady Eye! Prof Green! I just think its a bit of an insult to people who've waited a long time and worked hard to pay for a ticket.

I can understand the neg. feedback concerning the supprt acts but only in comparison to other major outdoor gigs, think about the Foo Fighters, 1h 30 mins of Biffy Clyro + the rest or Motorhead - quite big, and regarding their special guests - Jimmy Page, Brian May Phil Taylor, even bigger - but thats the Foo Fighters...

Support Acts are there to support, not to steal the show (in my case Biffy would have been my highlight if I would've been there last year), but I do agree with some saying that Plan B etc. are a weird choice - we do want to be entertained while standing there for 4 hours before the roses come on stage. Friday's def. the best day, The Vaccines will be great and I didn't see Primal Scream on the Screamadelica tour, so it should be a great day if it doesn't bucket it down.

I'm coming from Germany with a few mates and leaving out any festivals where they're playing before the Heaton Park gigs (come on...we want the real homecoming feeling!) so looking forward to the whole thing...

One question to everyone...do you really "hate" beady eye that much :)?

Let's put it another way,when it was announced that The Roses were reforming and putting on these gigs,who thought oooh!! i hope that the support acts are pretty bloody decent and to my personal exacting standards or i am not paying £60 for a ticket? anyone? thought not....no everyone thought these are the must have tickets of the year/decade and i'll pay whatever it takes to be there(within reason) and supports never even crossed most people's mind's,i for one am just so happy to have got tickets to see one of the most iconic bands that have been around in my lifetime...so stop the whingeing and just go and have a great day,whatever day you are going ,this rant is'nt aimed at the majority of people on here but mainly at the facebookers.Rant over.

Let's put it another way,when it was announced that The Roses were reforming and putting on these gigs,who thought oooh!! i hope that the support acts are pretty bloody decent and to my personal exacting standards or i am not paying £60 for a ticket? anyone? thought not....no everyone thought these are the must have tickets of the year/decade and i'll pay whatever it takes to be there(within reason) and supports never even crossed most people's mind's,i for one am just so happy to have got tickets to see one of the most iconic bands that have been around in my lifetime...so stop the whingeing and just go and have a great day,whatever day you are going ,this rant is'nt aimed at the majority of people on here but mainly at the facebookers.Rant over.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Managed to bag some tickets for the friday just a few questions regarding transport from Heaton park, last time i went was for oasis and there was a train station close by. I have heard this has shut and the metrolink now runs to the park.

So will the metrolink be running back into town after the gig and how likely am i going to get on it if i leave before everyone else?

Will the free buses be running back into town after the gig? Although after oasis was a farce with people using the emergency exits.

I need to be on the last train back to Preston as i am going to The Beatherder festival on Saturday morning.

Cheers.