The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

Because from all the press around this, and the Roses words themselves, I get the sense they don't want to focus on the reunion factor, they want to focus on them looking forward, hence the emphasis during the reunion press of them practising new songs, and bringing out a new record, as well as them having just signed a new record deal. As far as I can remember, they're one of the only reunion acts that constantly talked up the new stuff, as well as signing a record deal very early on, which I doubt they would have done, if they were happy to just do a big 90's gig.

Booking a line-up like that is just a 90's rewind festival, which isn't what they want.

I've seen nothing to suggest there's a good possibility of it, other than members of Oasis saying in the past how they were influenced by Roses, the same as countless acts have said. I've seen nothing to suggest there's a possibility of Carpets either. If anything, they will be looking to re-establish themselves again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Booking Noel would be such a bad move for the Roses. He'll completely own them. He is just TOO good to support them. It will almost be like an anti climax. I got Saturday tickets and even though I know that Brown can't sing live.....I have always loved the Roses and I was too young to see them live in their pomp. If they book Noel it will almost be like an Oasis gig.....I'm sure the Roses don't want that.

Booking Noel would be such a bad move for the Roses. He'll completely own them. He is just TOO good to support them. It will almost be like an anti climax. I got Saturday tickets and even though I know that Brown can't sing live.....I have always loved the Roses and I was too young to see them live in their pomp. If they book Noel it will almost be like an Oasis gig.....I'm sure the Roses don't want that.

yep completely agree. if Noel plays he will drastically over shadow The Stone Roses, with his big back catalogue of Oasis hits. it would definitely take a brave band to book him as support.

especially a band on the come back trail, who have been massively hyped up the last few months,

it would be risky.

To be fair Noel will completely overshadow RHCP. Having watched them live last year they are nothing compared to what they were ten years ago. As for overshadowing the Roses that's quite possible too although I've never seen them or Ian Brown live so it wouldn't be fair to judge.

In their defence I saw them at the NIA which is the most boring soulless corporate place I've ever been to whereas previously I saw them at Hyde Park so that may have influenced my view. I have also hated their last couple of albums which doesn't help either but it seemed very flat. I saw Oasis at Heaton Park a month before the split and agree it wasn't their best performance but even at 50% they put on a better live performance than most acts out there.

To be fair Noel will completely overshadow RHCP. Having watched them live last year they are nothing compared to what they were ten years ago. As for overshadowing the Roses that's quite possible too although I've never seen them or Ian Brown live so it wouldn't be fair to judge.

i saw Ian a few Christmases back at the M.E.N in Manchester, he was quit simply shocking, his voice was Nero, he hardly moved, he did ruffly 2 stone roses songs, and as im aware wasn't on for much more than an hour, i think he was ever booed off at the end.

i was left very disappointed in all fairness, the support act were great tho.

I saw the Arctic Monkeys on the Sat night at the O2 recently from a box above the crowd and every time a bit tune kicked in all you could see was pints of fluid flying across the crowd all night. Couldn't be sure what was in them but at those prices I certainly wouldn't have chucked my pint!

Come to think of it, it didn't happen when I watched the Arcade Fire from the same vantage point (which probably tells its own story!).

Not sure which 1 i'd want. going on the sunday, don't really want either. But I didn't in a way want Noel as I have tickets as didn't want him there, don't want him at R&L either but think V will have him anyway.

According to stopcryingyourheartout.com Noel is playing V don't know how reliable they are tho.