First Guff From Melvin About 2012

Guest mrtourette

I don't think Reading & Leeds would risk a Rap headliner it could hurt the ticket sales, remeber even glastonbury struggle when they announced Jay-Z as headliner and glasto has a more cross over audience the R & L

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are reading too much into 50 Cent's reception, it wasn't because he was a rapper it was because he's not a credible artist. Rasmus & Panic! At The Disco were bottled too not becuase the crowd doesn't like alternative music but because those bands annoy people.

don't really understand why people think were going to have a rap superstar headlining. its not v fest you no.

Edited by jump

Jay-z would be good, everyone would moan, but if you saw the crowds for the hip/hop / pop acts this year, then Jay-z, or any other hippidy hoppidy artist would get a good crowd. I saw Jay-Z at IOW, he was awesome. I don't even like his music.

But, yes. I do enjoy the build up to these festivals. He'll probably get Stone Roses or something as a "Only shows in the counties of Reading and Leeds" or a bank holiday August exclusive or something.

Foo Fighters and Kasabian are to me dead certs from what ive heard and read! As for the 3rd headliner??? I have not got a clue!

Could well see Mumford and Sons headline the Tent along with Two Door Cinema Club and Enter Shikari!

Main Stage Friday

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

NME

Enter Shikari

Main Stage Saturday

Kasabian

Bloc Party

NME

Mumford and Sons

Main Stage Sunday

?????????

Dizzee Rascal

NME

Two Door Cinema Club

Foo Fighters and Kasabian are to me dead certs from what ive heard and read! As for the 3rd headliner??? I have not got a clue!

Could well see Mumford and Sons headline the Tent along with Two Door Cinema Club and Enter Shikari!

Main Stage Friday

Foo Fighters

Biffy Clyro

NME

Enter Shikari

Main Stage Saturday

Kasabian

Bloc Party

NME

Mumford and Sons

Main Stage Sunday

?????????

Dizzee Rascal

NME

Two Door Cinema Club

I think newer/less established bands should at least be given a chance to headline R+L, I couldn't think of a better band than C&S. They'd go down well with the current crowd & would put on a storming set. Heard rumours perhaps Download may get them in their line up next year.

They did a pretty good job of subbing Bestival main stage before The Prodigy with a huge crowd, & that was before the new album started getting airplay. Big crowds at Glasto, Global Gathering too.

Subbing The Prodigy/NME would be epic.

Edit- I was really annoyed they were at V this year instead of R+L.

R+L are the best festival for giving bands a shot at headlining imo. MCR this year, Arcade Fire last, they always have at least 1 new headliner for the fest. And C&S are nowhere near big enough to headline, NME headliner yes but I can't ever see them headlining the mainstage really.

But hasn't Eminem headlined R+L? We've also had 50 Cent and Xzibit, and i'm pretty sure Jay Z has been booked before and had to pull out, so it's really not beyond the realms of possibility, is it?