First Guff From Melvin About 2012

Guest mrtourette

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15535729

The boss of Reading and Leeds says he has "terrific" headliners lined up for next year's festivals.

Festival Republic's managing director Melvin Benn has described the bookings that he's already made as "very exciting".

"I couldn't be happier overall with where we're going with all the festivals," he said.

Last year Reading and Leeds was headlined by Muse, My Chemical Romance, The Strokes and Pulp.

Melvin Benn's company also looks after the Latitude and Big Chill festivals.

"I've just had a brilliant conversation about an act I was desperate to play Latitude and now I'm pretty sure will play Latitude," he said.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mumford & son are waist coat wearing sweaty bearded yokels, never will they sub. blur have had there come back tour/festival dates its not like they have even brought out any new material...... headlining no chance.

pulp are twice the band blur in my opinion.

50 Cent is proper shit though & it was back when Reading was more rowdy. Jay-Z would be a credible headliner with someone like Chase & Status/Enter Shikari/big indie band in NME tent at the same time.

Edited by mrtourette