LowLands 2012

Guest doobie ninja

Hi

Really interested in going to Lowlands next and was just wondering where i could find (in English) some info about it.

When do tickets go on sale?

When do they normally sell out by?

I know the frestival is Fri,Sat,Sun but is it like Reading in that if you dont arrive on the wed you get a naff camping pitch?

and the big question....whats it like??

Cheers

Edited by doobie ninja

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Lowlands 2010 and before that I looked for information in English as well but couldn't find any really. Anyway, I should be able to answer your questions.

In 2010 the tickets went on sale in about February the same year but for LL2011 they went on sale in December last year. I can't find any information about it this year so I assume they will be released in February. (www.festivalinfo.nl should be a good place to check or just lowlands.nl . The last 2 years I think that the tickets have sold out in about a week. There are 2 types of tickets you can buy, one is just for the festival+camping and the other one also gives you a day to spend at an amusement park that is very close to the festival area (if you should wonder about the two different tickets)

The camping usually opens the day before the festival and you do wanna go that day to get a decent spot I suppose. If you're not planning on sleeping a lot we got a great spot last year right next to the entrance to the festival but also next to a 24hr tent which basically was around the clock loud music n beer.

But yeah the most important thing: Lowlands is an amazing festival and I definitely recommend that you go!

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket sale starts: 4 Feb 2012 at 11am CET (10am GMT)

Official vendors: www.ticketmaster.nl, www.livenation.nl, www.lowlands.nl (any other party is not recommended)

Tickets traditionally didn't sell out for months, but for 2010 they sold out in three weeks and last yeat they sold out in just two hours.

Festival is Fri-Sun but indeed one should arrive on Thu to get a decent camping spot. In fact, arrive Thu long before the advertised 6pm opening.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Campings officially open Thursdays 6pm. In reality, they often open sooner, but never before noon Thursdays.

First names have been announced: Feist, Ane Brun, Henrik Schwarz, Dixon&Âme, La Pegatina, Letlive, Blaudzun, Movits, Me First & Gimme Gimmes, Les Ramoneurs de Menhirs

Again, ticketsales start this Saturday at 11am CET (10am GMT). Pay no more than 185 euro.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New names confirmed:

Kasabian

Eagles of Death Metal

Mark Lanegan Band

Miike Snow

The xx

Django Django

Ben Howard

De Avonduren

Alborosie & Shengen Clan + Ikaya

Krema Kawa

Refused

SMOD

tUnE-yArDs

Already confirmed:

Foo Fighters

Bloc Party

The Black Keys

Skrillex

Enter Shikari

Ed Sheeran,

Triggerfinger

The Kyteman Orchestra

Howler

Dope D.O.D.

Spinvis

Kees van Hondt

James Vincent McMorro

@glastoleedsbenicassim09

You're allowed to bring your own supply (max. 5 gram) of soft drugs. All hard drugs are banned.

@paulevs

They sell small cans of Grolsch (not sure if it's 6 or 8 packs). Probably for 5 or 7 coins (in 2011 one coin = 2,50 euro)