Download 2012 Official Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trivium have done an interview saying they're in talks to play and want to play Metallica day.

http://rushonrock.com/2011/11/17/trivium-enter-download-race/

In fact I'll post the whole thing

Credit to official download forum bringing this to my attention.

Trivium guitarist Corey Beauliue has admitted self-styled Defenders Of The Faith Trivium are at the front of the queue when it comes to pushing their Download claims. Speaking exclusively to rushonrock, the shredder supreme revealed: “Our manager is talking to the festival organisers as we speak.

“Download is the only UK festival we’ve ever played and it has a very special place in our hearts.

“It really launched us as a band and of course I’m hoping we play there next summer – on the same day as Metallica!

“I’d love to see them play the Black album there. It will be something very special.

“But it’s this time of the year when we’re going through all the booking stuff for the summer and it’s a case of keeping our fingers crossed.

“Now that the organisers have two of the three headliners confirmed it should start to fall into place a bit quicker for everyone else – that’s normally the way it works.

“Hopefully you’ll see Trivium at Download in 2012. It’s always been such a big deal for us and it still is.”

Looks like Trivium could be very , VERY likely and a few other favourites back

GRASPOP METAL MEETING second announcement

MOTORHEAD

TRIVIUM

LAMB OF GOD

SICK OF IT ALL

DIMMU BORGIR

CHILDREN OF BODOM

AMON AMARTH

WHITECHAPEL

PARADISE LOST

SACRED REICH

AUGUST BURNS RED

DEATH ANGEL

OBITUARY

NASUM

H20

ENSIFERUM

SPUDMONSTERS

EMMURE

WINDS OF PLAGUE

SKELETONWITCH

WINTERFYLLETH

Id say Motorhead or Lamb of God second stage headliner against The Prodigy on Friday

By the way, anyone fancy any of these new graspop bands?

Im not too fussed on Motorhead, once you've seen them you've seen them, but they're alright. But if they clashed I wouldn't be gutted bout missing them

Lamb of God were pretty good last time, Id watch them again. But again wouldn't be too fussed bout missing them due to clashes.

Bodom were good last year but I reckon they'll be at Soni

Ive heard good things about August Burns Red, but haven't listened to them

And I hope Trivium and Sick of It All are booked

By the way, anyone fancy any of these new graspop bands?

Im not too fussed on Motorhead, once you've seen them you've seen them, but they're alright. But if they clashed I wouldn't be gutted bout missing them

Lamb of God were pretty good last time, Id watch them again. But again wouldn't be too fussed bout missing them due to clashes.

Bodom were good last year but I reckon they'll be at Soni

Ive heard good things about August Burns Red, but haven't listened to them

And I hope Trivium and Sick of It All are booked

tbh i could see Tool going under Sabbath, just a gut feeling if it were to happen, and well Blink only headlined R&L on the back of reforming, so they have to earn a headlining spot - probably wouldn't get it at download anyway as AC and the booking lot for download would get slated for it..

tbh i could see Tool going under Sabbath, just a gut feeling if it were to happen, and well Blink only headlined R&L on the back of reforming, so they have to earn a headlining spot - probably wouldn't get it at download anyway as AC and the booking lot for download would get slated for it..