Download 2012 Official Rumour Thread

Guest luckysalt

Whilst Im not a die hard MH fan, I hope they're there at Download, never seen them so wouldn't mind.

Im really liking the Nova Rock line up, think we'll get the bulk of that, hoping that if they get added that theres no clashes IE not second stage headliners really want to see Within Temptation, Killswitch, Mastodon, Trivium & Opeth

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Im not a die hard MH fan, I hope they're there at Download, never seen them so wouldn't mind.

Im really liking the Nova Rock line up, think we'll get the bulk of that, hoping that if they get added that theres no clashes IE not second stage headliners really want to see Within Temptation, Killswitch, Mastodon, Trivium & Opeth

After the Nova announcement Download is shaping up to be excellent next year. If they bag Machine Head, LoG, Trivium, Killswitch, Mastadon aswell as already having Metallica & Sabbath they've got some of the biggest names in metal currently doing the rounds!

With Evanescence rumoured to be subbing 'Tallica I can see Machine Head either playing 3rd on the Saturday or subbing The Prodigy.

Original? Rock fests like Download aren't really trying to be original, they tend to attract a older crowd that want to see their favourite acts from down the line hence why all the headliners booked have been going for a collected amount of about 100 years.

Leave it to Reading to try and be original, Download have tried it they pushed MCR to headline, the crowd hated it, they pushed Lostprophets to headline, the crowd hated it. AC knows what sells and what doesn't.

Whilst thats true the only alternatives to Def Leppard would have been what he had on the bill I guess, I bet if he wouldn't have booked Def Leppard it would have been The Darkness. And I bet Def Leppard still pulled in a fair few fans, I met quite a lot of older blokes who said they were there for Def Leppard. Just because they aren't on forums like this being vocal about it, doesn't mean they aren't there. Id say less than 5% on the Download crowd uses the forums.

But I do know what you mean about different bands but he's tried it, people don't like it, it comes with age of a band, Slipknot were pushed up 3 years ago and are now cemented headliners. I bet next year they'll be back too.

Whilst thats true the only alternatives to Def Leppard would have been what he had on the bill I guess, I bet if he wouldn't have booked Def Leppard it would have been The Darkness. And I bet Def Leppard still pulled in a fair few fans, I met quite a lot of older blokes who said they were there for Def Leppard. Just because they aren't on forums like this being vocal about it, doesn't mean they aren't there. Id say less than 5% on the Download crowd uses the forums.

But I do know what you mean about different bands but he's tried it, people don't like it, it comes with age of a band, Slipknot were pushed up 3 years ago and are now cemented headliners. I bet next year they'll be back too.

Right so far today Metallica have been announced as headliners for Rock AM Ring and NovaRock

And NovaRock have also announced

Machine Head, Slayer, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Within Temptation, Hatebreed, Mastodon, Dimmu Borgir, DevilDriver, Opeth, The Answer, Lagwagon, August Burns Red, Oomph!, The Baseballs, Schandmaul

Having said a that I said I still think tool would have been a killer Friday night headliner but it would feel very 2006 with tool Friday, Metallica playing a classic album in full sat and a legendary band with unpredictable singer playing first show in ages on Sunday... Haha.