Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest luckysalt

Download 2012 Official Rumour Thread

367 posts in this topic

Yup its that time of year again, its approaching November, bands are getting signed up and things are leaking out, so its time to launch the rumour thread!

CONFIRMED!

dl2012x2.jpg

SELF CONFIRMED!

RED WHITE AND BLUES - Self confirm in interview here http://www.planetmos...station-101211/ credit to Winny on official download forums for this.

RIVAL SONS - Self confirmed they're playing in interview.

STRONG RUMOUR

PARKWAY DRIVE - Big growing fanbase, played soni last year, already announced for Reload fest in Germany week following Download

BLACK VEIL BRIDES - Andy loves them and has hinted towards them being booked on twitter, promoting current tour.

ROYAL REPUBLIC - As above with BVB, Andy is banging on about them loads.

FOZZY - Saw interview with Chris Jericho saying working on new album first three months of 2012, and then will be playing Euro fests in the summer, mentions Download by name and says hes hoping to get booked.

PRESIDENTS OF THE USA - Copping gave his 'you just never know' remark and other people say they're playing

SUNN O))) - Have a TBA UK 10th June date in their touring schelude http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=76909

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RUMOUR

CHILDREN OF BODOM - playing Hellfest, only played DL last year, so unlikely they'll be back but could return and play main stage or headline 3rd

WU TANG CLAN - playing fest in Switzerland 2 weeks after Download

SICK OF IT ALL - Playing GMM 2 weeks after Download

COMEBACK KID - Playing GMM 2 weeks after Download

PARADISE LOST - Playing GMM 2 weeks after Download

AMON AMARTH - Playing GMM 2 weeks after Download

SLADE - Playing Swedenrock Download weekend

OPETH - Playing Nova Rock

WITHIN TEMPTATION - Playing Nova Rock

SLAYER - Playing Nova Rock

MASTODON - Playing Nova Rock

MOTORHEAD - Playing GMM 2 weeks after, played Soni last year, played Download lots, cheap booking for a high place on line up, would be right to be there for 10yr anniversary

You forgot Bullet For My Valentine who play every year.

Are Soundgarden so nailed on for Sonisphere that they don't even make this list?

Are Soundgarden so nailed on for Sonisphere that they don't even make this list?

I'd be amazed if they didn't. They're headlining Big Day Out in Australia at the start of next year and will have a new album out in the Spring. As for putting Europe on hold, I thought that was just until after they'd toured the States (which they've done now) and the fact they're going to Australia shows they're open to hitting the road in a big way. Although as you say anything they do depends on his solo stuff and anything Pearl Jam do.

The Soni bookers have heavily hinted towards Soundgarden for next year.

I'd expect returns in 2012 from Hyro Da Hero & Letlive. Cancer Bats are currently in the studio, after playing a low slot at Soni this year I expect them at Download next year.

Architects are supposed to have a new album out early next year, i'd say they could be up there somewhere. And A day to remember must be likely? Considering they've played a few times before, and havent played any UK festivals yet off their latest album?

Enter Shikari have a new album out early next year? They must be a posibility

New Found Glory and Sum 41 headlining the Kerrang tour!

Aaron Lewis off of Staind said during their Birmingham show that they would be doing either Download or Soni next year. He also mentioned June, so I figure that DL is more likely. Plus Andy told a friend of mine he would have them back when they recorded another album and they just released a new album.

"Black Sabbath 11.11.11" posted on their Facebook page - announcement date?

updated with new download header at the top :)

I am yes, I did the same with Metallica yesterday. Its gotta be Sabbath, would Download really try and announce a different act the day Black Sabbath's world tour is announced, it would be massively overshadowed.

They're two massive headliners. Personally I would be that bothered about seeing either (TOOL would be another matter), but you can't doubt that they're a very strong pair.

Updated

Moved up to strong rumour, Evanescene, Fozzy, Black Veil Brides and Royal Republic as I believe they'll all be playing especially from Andy's tweets in the case of three, the other Fozzy, named Download as a festival they want to play, if they're willing im sure Andy would be able to work something out for them and they're good friends with Metallica so that probably has an influence.

Dropped to rumour, Rammstein. Theres a solid chance they could still headline the Friday, but with the metal headliners they've announced they might be going for something a bit more commercial.

Added to rumours, Scorpions and The Prodigy.

I'll put this in here as it will mean new rumours

Graspop Metal Meetings next announment is Monday 21st November

Hellfest next announcement is Friday 25th November

Both have announced today Black Sabbeth as their first headliner