Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Photo

EXIT FESTIVAL 2012 SERBIA

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
241 replies to this topic

#61 theampersanddevil

theampersanddevil

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'm pretty happy with Hawtin, Miss Kitten and of course New Order.

I'd have got the ticket on New Order, based on timing.

I have faith that there are more announcements to come, including the other headliners. Wish they had released a bigger lot of names, the dribs and drabs thing is a bit annoying, but then maybe there are reasons for that we aren't party too.

#62 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Yeah I would rather have a lot of acts announced rather than this 4-5 at a time..

#63 sendvici

sendvici

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

It's only February..

#64 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

It's only February..

Fail to see your point.

A lot of festivals have already announced their headliners and some even most of the bill.. for festivals later in the year. Look at Bestival for example.

It makes sense for promoters to get their line up out as soon as they possibly can, so either Exit are struggling to get big names or they deliberately like to drip feed announcements.

#65 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,207 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

It makes sense for promoters to get their line up out as soon as they possibly can, so either Exit are struggling to get big names or they deliberately like to drip feed announcements.

Nah, there's more than one way to drive a publicity campaign - and ultimately it's people hearing of what you have rather than it merely being out there which drives sales.

#66 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Next announcement on Wednesday evening

#67 Mudz

Mudz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

Dirty rotten imbeciles self confirmed on their facebook page, gonna be some trashing on explozive stage ^^
also testament is a high rumor

#68 the_derminator

the_derminator

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Mrs Derm just got back from Serbia and said that the rumours in Novi Sad are that Guns n Roses are set to be announced. Could actually see that.

Remember folks, you heard it here first (unless it doesn't happen, in which case I deny all knowledge...)

Derm B)

#69 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Mrs Derm just got back from Serbia and said that the rumours in Novi Sad are that Guns n Roses are set to be announced

You were right

#70 sendvici

sendvici

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:42 PM

Did not expect that one!

#71 sendvici

sendvici

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

How many of the original members are left?

#72 Mudz

Mudz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

they made a huge show 2 years ago in belgrade a sold out show in the arena. everyone i know said that was one of the greatest experiences and shows in our country

#73 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Another poor announcement for me, lacking enthusiasm for this festival now. Regreting getting booked up early.

#74 sendvici

sendvici

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's what you make it Paul. Wouldn't place so much emphasis on the artists although they play a big part in the whole experience. I think it's a good thing with this drip feed of artists. Hopefully all the Glasto ppl and the kids will book something else so the rest of us can have some fun in the Serbian HOT sun.

#75 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

It's what you make it Paul. Wouldn't place so much emphasis on the artists although they play a big part in the whole experience. I think it's a good thing with this drip feed of artists. Hopefully all the Glasto ppl and the kids will book something else so the rest of us can have some fun in the Serbian HOT sun.

Oh I know, am a great one for when at a festival to miss a lot of acts I would plan to see.. I usually plan to only see 3 or 4 acts a day so if I can get a list of 12-15 acts I actually want to see, then I will be happy.

But I still can't be enthusiastic for most of the acts lined up so far and hopefully they will release a lot more acts in the next few weeks.

Failing that, am sure Novi Sad is a lovely place from what I've seen, so I will be more than happy to spend a day or some time anyway going round the city :)

More than likely that myself and theampersanddevil will be found wandering about the smaller stages anyway (drunk and probably lost :P) and enjoying the atmosphere and the friendly locals :)

Edited by Paul , 01 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#76 Mark Nicol

Mark Nicol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just booked my ticket for EXIT 2012, first festival outside the UK so quite excited! Making a longer holiday of it, flying into Croatia, then heading to Bosnia and Serbia, culminating in the Novi Sad experience!

#77 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

4 Dance acts to be announced tomorrow evening

Guess one of four performers from Exit Dance Arena andelektrana stage we are announcing on Tuesday evening via two simple steps:

1. On your Twitter account post as a profile photo the performer you think we are going to announce

2. Post the name of that performer as a reply to this tweet https://twitter.com/#!/ExitFestival/status/176720659244777473

Three fastest twitter accounts with the right profile photo and name in reply will win tickets for Exit 2012!

Electronic dust will shine on Exit 2012 and so will you if you win tickets on our mad mad Mondays...

Good luck!

#78 Paul

Paul

lives in a field

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Brodinksi
Laurent Garnier
Azari & III
When Saints Go Machine