EXIT FESTIVAL 2012 SERBIA

Guest coooolpete

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have the inside scoop on when other acts are to be announced? I really want to go, as I traveled through Serbia last summer and thought the people were great, and I would love the reggae soundsystem, but the three main acts so far are really underwhelming, especially Wolfmother who I think are piss poor. There are some really good line-ups at Optimus Alive, Primavera Portugal and Pohoda (Radiohead, Bjork, Wilco, Yo La Tengo, the XX, Stone Roses, Caribou and Lou Reed as a few examples) for similar money. I really want to go to Exit, as we've planned a road trip to get there, but I need some quality acts before I think about choosing this...

There'll be another announcement in the next couple of weeks, apparently. Not sure how many more acts they'll actually be announcing, but fingers crossed for a few big names.

They do seem to always take their time getting the line up together, but it works itself out in the end usually.

Derm B)

Edited by the_derminator

I'm pretty happy with Hawtin, Miss Kitten and of course New Order.

I'd have got the ticket on New Order, based on timing.

I have faith that there are more announcements to come, including the other headliners. Wish they had released a bigger lot of names, the dribs and drabs thing is a bit annoying, but then maybe there are reasons for that we aren't party too.

It makes sense for promoters to get their line up out as soon as they possibly can, so either Exit are struggling to get big names or they deliberately like to drip feed announcements.

Nah, there's more than one way to drive a publicity campaign - and ultimately it's people hearing of what you have rather than it merely being out there which drives sales.

• 2 weeks later...

It's what you make it Paul. Wouldn't place so much emphasis on the artists although they play a big part in the whole experience. I think it's a good thing with this drip feed of artists. Hopefully all the Glasto ppl and the kids will book something else so the rest of us can have some fun in the Serbian HOT sun.

It's what you make it Paul. Wouldn't place so much emphasis on the artists although they play a big part in the whole experience. I think it's a good thing with this drip feed of artists. Hopefully all the Glasto ppl and the kids will book something else so the rest of us can have some fun in the Serbian HOT sun.

Edited by Paul ™