Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Theres been a total cockup with my tickets and ive only just been able to sort it out (better late than neve i suppose). Anyway ive got to pick my tickets up from the main entrance on the way in, so does this mean I will need to pick them up before I can set my tent up or will I just need them to get into the arena? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi guys,

Theres been a total cockup with my tickets and ive only just been able to sort it out (better late than neve i suppose). Anyway ive got to pick my tickets up from the main entrance on the way in, so does this mean I will need to pick them up before I can set my tent up or will I just need them to get into the arena? Any help would be much appreciated!

Can we compile a little bits and bobs list that people will need, might be helpful?

Ill start

Toilet Roll

Bin Bags

Baby Wipes

Anti-Perspirant

Water Containers

Duck Tape

Just add away

Edited by MickeyMo

Looking forward to this weekend! I would love it if the weather was the same as last year - perfect! Im taking my girlfriend who has never camped before, nor has done a festival!

Does anybody know if they sold newspapers last year? I knkow they had the campsite shop but I can't remeber about the papers. Nothing better sitting outside your tent with a brew in your hand and reding a paper in the sun :biggrin:

Looking forward to this weekend! I would love it if the weather was the same as last year - perfect! Im taking my girlfriend who has never camped before, nor has done a festival!

Hello! I haven't posted since page 40/50 or something far back into May.

I haven't had a chance to get excited or even start buying stuff until yesterday so now I am starting to just figure out a plan.

Maybe I have missed it I have tried to read some of the pages since I last posted but there is so much written (but in a great way) - have i missed any sort of times line up or is that something i will just find out when im there? or has anyone made a halvin type line up checker?

im off to buy things i completely forgot to get yesterday, isn't that always the way?

I haven't had a chance to get excited or even start buying stuff until yesterday so now I am starting to just figure out a plan.

Maybe I have missed it I have tried to read some of the pages since I last posted but there is so much written (but in a great way) - have i missed any sort of times line up or is that something i will just find out when im there? or has anyone made a halvin type line up checker?

im off to buy things i completely forgot to get yesterday, isn't that always the way?

I started about 6 weeks ago but there was so little known I gave up, pleased I did because since then its changed loads, plus theres still slots for surprise acts and acts still to be put on the line up.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Does anybody know if they sold newspapers last year? I knkow they had the campsite shop but I can't remeber about the papers. Nothing better sitting outside your tent with a brew in your hand and reding a paper in the sun :biggrin:

Glorious here in Birmingham today but apparently not so good up north. We may delay heading to Morecome till later - maybe tomorrow!

Still - I am now on holiday, cider drinking started in the garden last night - I consider that we are now on our way!!

I still have no walking boots - hmmmm

Last year you needed to present your tickets prior to the campsite (thats when you get your wristbands).

For last years Emperors Field, the box office was immediately on entry to the site, not sure about main camping.

But you will deffo need to get your tickets before setting up camp.

Just been looking at accuweather.com and it seems to be mirroring the current conditions around the country....Morecambe is says it's raining & it is.....Leeds it says it's mostly cloudy & it is....Penrith it says its clouds & sun.....Jonny - is it a mix of clouds & sun?

I just have a quick question. I am coming to Kendal Calling with my boyfriend and we have VIP tickets for the 3 days which includes camping. Does anyone know where we can pitch up the tent? I'm confused as it doesn't really clarify on my tickets.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OK OK weather Gods - I have got walking boots! Now behave please!!!

Thanks STEatT - definitely not moving from glorious Brum yet then! Will probably head north after rush hour tonight to wake up tomorrow with the view from the clifftop at Heasham - which to be fair is always lovely even when it's shit! May take my traininers and have a little run along theseafront to see Eric in the morning.

Not a cloud in the sky here! Anyone got a surefire method of taking weather with you? If I really try I am sure I can bring it!