• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taxi numbers for those in need,

town taxis ( 4 to 8 seaters) 01768 868268

lakeland taxis ( 4 seaters) 01768 865722

eden taxis 01768 867890

thres always a few outside train station .

mcdonalds right outside station.

and if you want festival supplies head for mcdonalds cross over the road thers a big morrisons.

taxi numbers for those in need,

town taxis ( 4 to 8 seaters) 01768 868268

lakeland taxis ( 4 seaters) 01768 865722

eden taxis 01768 867890

thres always a few outside train station .

mcdonalds right outside station.

and if you want festival supplies head for mcdonalds cross over the road thers a big morrisons.

Well a couple of hours and that's me back on my way again, repacking all the last minute stuff, all the food apart from bread buns bought. Hopefully a relaxing couple of days to get me in the mood and then I'll see you all in the deer park.

Glorious here in Birmingham today but apparently not so good up north. We may delay heading to Morecome till later - maybe tomorrow!

Still - I am now on holiday, cider drinking started in the garden last night - I consider that we are now on our way!!

I still have no walking boots - hmmmm

I've set my mind for showers every day (which is acceptable to me)....anything better is a bonus.

I dont think we're going to have anything like Download or TITP, I think the warmer air temperature will make the showers bearable.

Final decisions on clothing for the weekend will be made Wednesday evening - current thoughts are zip-off walking trousers, t-shirts and showerproof jacket.....but that may change....

Is it too late for a replacement to The Lightning Seeds to be considered?

Paul Heaton would really fit the bill, plus he would have a great rapport with the crowd...maybe worth a try as he doesn't appear to be up to much this summer (he's touring in the autumn).

Long time reader first time poster so be nice :curtsey: .

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info have been putting on here it has helped get me in the mood for Kendal. First time to KC this year although we have done a range of other festivals (Glastonbudget x2, Glastonbury x2, Solfest x1).

I am really looking forward to the line up I have loved James for years but missed seeing them first time round in the 90's.

Personally I would love for Space to fill the Lightening Seeds slot that would make my weekend or if it had to be a cover act One Step Behind the Madness cover Act Saw them at Glastonbudget twice and were fab for getting the whole crowd jumping around.

Hoping the weather stays as nice as the last couple of days I have done the extremes of Boiling festival at Glasto 02 and Soaking at Solfest 2009 (I know which one I prefer!!)

Just a couple of quick question Are you able to get drinkable tap water on the general camping sites? don't fancy carrying tons of bottled water.

Any recomendations on where to camp we dont have EF tickets but are arriving on Thursday. Just me and other half late 20's like staying up at dance tents etc but some quiet to sleep/have a lie in.

NIce to finally say hello to you all!

Welcome hplanty. There are a number of standpipe taps around the camping area which are fine for drinking if I recall correctly. As a rule of thumb, the closer you are to the arena the noisier your night will be after everything has officially closed so if you're looking to get some sleep after leaving the arena then camp in the quiet area. Activities in the arena go on until 3am so plenty of opportunity to get your raving fix before some shut-eye!

Long time reader first time poster so be nice :curtsey: .

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info have been putting on here it has helped get me in the mood for Kendal. First time to KC this year although we have done a range of other festivals (Glastonbudget x2, Glastonbury x2, Solfest x1).

I am really looking forward to the line up I have loved James for years but missed seeing them first time round in the 90's.

Personally I would love for Space to fill the Lightening Seeds slot that would make my weekend or if it had to be a cover act One Step Behind the Madness cover Act Saw them at Glastonbudget twice and were fab for getting the whole crowd jumping around.

Hoping the weather stays as nice as the last couple of days I have done the extremes of Boiling festival at Glasto 02 and Soaking at Solfest 2009 (I know which one I prefer!!)

Just a couple of quick question Are you able to get drinkable tap water on the general camping sites? don't fancy carrying tons of bottled water.

Any recomendations on where to camp we dont have EF tickets but are arriving on Thursday. Just me and other half late 20's like staying up at dance tents etc but some quiet to sleep/have a lie in.

NIce to finally say hello to you all!