Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Kendal Calling 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2693 replies to this topic

#981 LOCHLAND5

LOCHLAND5

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:03 PM

Kendal calling is fantastic ............
But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?
Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull shit?

Edited by lakeland5, 16 June 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#982 ramragon

ramragon

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

Kendal calling is fantastic ............
But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?
Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull bull shit?

Is there a page missing from the forum ? Or is there a hidden meaning that I can't work out at 7am with a hangover !

Festival box wine + England match + weekend off = urgh !

#983 LOCHLAND5

LOCHLAND5

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

No pages missing mate, the pages have yet to be written !
Not impressed by one or 2 things I have been told this week.
Gonna take a few days to collect my thoughts .

#984 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull shit?

Did Manc Al chip your cat over a wall the last time he visited Kendal Calling ? Nasty Bstrd !
Dont think the poor sods written on here for months after the trauma of the cars next to tent comment he made.

whats the twitter bull shit all about then ?

#985 Guest_manc_al_*

Guest_manc_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Please enlighten me!

#986 LOCHLAND5

LOCHLAND5

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Please enlighten me!

It's not an attack atyou manc al, your obviously a good guy just by following your previous posts.
I'm not into social networking really but some one told me to get on twitter , and check out the BS.
2 accounts later (couldn't remember password on first). I finally found it.
You tweeted something along the lines disappointed about capacity increase , they replied guest list down ticket sales up , that's bull shit. You been mugged off by them!
Eden district licensing say 13000 tickets and so do their event production manager.
I know this as fact cos I have had conversations with both !
As a fan of KC I'm pretty underwhelmed at what I'm hearing , and tbh dreading Friday the 27 th of July .

#987 Guest_manc_al_*

Guest_manc_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's not an attack atyou manc al, your obviously a good guy just by following your previous posts.
I'm not into social networking really but some one told me to get on twitter , and check out the BS.
2 accounts later (couldn't remember password on first). I finally found it.
You tweeted something along the lines disappointed about capacity increase , they replied guest list down ticket sales up , that's bull shit. You been mugged off by them!
Eden district licensing say 13000 tickets and so do their event production manager.
I know this as fact cos I have had conversations with both !
As a fan of KC I'm pretty underwhelmed at what I'm hearing , and tbh dreading Friday the 27 th of July .

Firstly.....i don't appreciate being drawn into an exchange on this subject out of the blue!!

Secondly....yes....i have had twitter exchanges with organisers of Kendal Calling after i was critical of the size increase, and yes they talked about guest lists and ticket sales etc....that was bloody months ago!!!! I was not "mugged off" but chose to take the debate with them via the direct message facility, privately, rather than have an open debate without knowing the full facts. I have been in contact with Kendal Calling organisers both publicly and privately through twitter for some time now and that contact continues.

I am still critical of the speed in which the size of the festival is growing, but would rather discuss privately and get my facts correct before openly criticising, and do it in a constructive way.

Thirdly.....festivals all over the country have both positive and negative impacts. These impacts need to be considered by the licensing authorities who must consider the opinions of the local communities and local businesses as well as the festival organisers, and attendees. I suggest you take it up with them!

Finally.....I am really pissed off that you have drawn me back into this debate out of the blue, and i consider your post to be a personal attack.

You clearly have a problem with Kendal Calling.....it may well be justified but I cannot comment, or have a reasoned opinion, as i am not in the possession of the full facts!

What i do know, is that it would be better to raise your grievances with the Licensing Authorities rather than attacking the easier target of a festival goer!

#988 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

tumbleweeds.........................

eggshells being walked on................

er did anyone catch the england game last night ?!? :suicide:

#989 Superscally

Superscally

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Arg! Found out my ticket got cancelled because there was a problem with my bank! Does anyone have a spare they want to sell? :( :( :(

#990 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Arg! Found out my ticket got cancelled because there was a problem with my bank! Does anyone have a spare they want to sell? :( :( :(

Drop the organisers a mail, they are putting together a list for resale tickets as far as I can remember. Sure I read something from them on their facebook page or Twitter. Maybes naarjte can offer you some advice on here.

Don't go paying a fortune on eBay just yet

Edited by ramragon, 16 June 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#991 Superscally

Superscally

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Thanks ramragon! I'm going to live in Oz next year and really wanted a KC on my list as heard so many good things!

#992 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/tickets

Here's a link to the waiting list. Slap your name on now

It's not a priority list but will probably give you a better chance of getting a ticket

Edited by ramragon, 16 June 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#993 Superscally

Superscally

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/tickets

Here's a link to the waiting list. Slap your name on now

It's not a priority list but will probably give you a better chance of getting a ticket

Cheers again mister!!

#994 sam12betsy

sam12betsy

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

There looks like a few tickets are going on the facebook page too at facd value...

#995 Guest_manc_al_*

Guest_manc_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

haha....like it :D

#996 Guest_manc_al_*

Guest_manc_al_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

The deadline to pay outstanding balances has been extended to to Tuesday.....it may be worth contacting Ticketline....i've found them to be pretty helpful

#997 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Walcott was brilliant. If we're lucky quarter finals though.

Kendal is gonna be very interesting this year!

#998 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Kendal is gonna be very interesting this year!

interesting, i dont know what you mean good sir

#999 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image

Just in case !

#1000 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

All joking aside i heard a few good reports about the houseparty tent after i came back last year, almost typically its a tent i never ventured in to, expecting it to be a sort of 2nd dance tent. Anyone like to comment on what it was like ?

must do more variety of stages this year, which may be hard at times because the main stage line up looks really strong on sat an sun