Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Just noticed on the Kendal Calling Line Up page here on efestivals that Vintage Trouble are scheduled to play the Calling Out stage.....I hope this is a typo as I dont think the tent would be able to cope with the number of people wanting to see them.

They have to be main stage again but at a much more sensible time.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed on the Kendal Calling Line Up page here on efestivals that Vintage Trouble are scheduled to play the Calling Out stage.....I hope this is a typo as I dont think the tent would be able to cope with the number of people wanting to see them.

would imagine it could be a typo as even the official site has them as stage TBC, would agree that the calling out would be way too small for them this year.

the efestival line up page also has maximo on saturday night and dizzee on friday, the official kendal site has announced them the other way round with maximo clearly written up as friday night headliner and dizzee as saturday night headliner

Cool, cheers. After going to bearded theory over last few years I am well aware and love the benefits of smaller festivals and am pleased to hear that Kendal calling sounds similar in that aspect.

What's security like in terms of leaving stuff in tents?? I don't ever leave valuables but just wondering :)

Cool, cheers. After going to bearded theory over last few years I am well aware and love the benefits of smaller festivals and am pleased to hear that Kendal calling sounds similar in that aspect.

What's security like in terms of leaving stuff in tents?? I don't ever leave valuables but just wondering :)

Was that the show at the Ritz? I thought they were brilliant.

I think their debut is released in a week or two but have a listen to weights and measures, lions den, bible belt - I think they're all on spotify. No Rest is my personal favourite

Edited by stuwilky

The Kendal Calling website suggests that there are 3 areas within the normal camping - 'party' (loud), 'quiet' & 'family'. I liked the idea of there being quiet camping which wasn't family camping as it leads me to think of not being kept awake all night by nobheads, nor being woken early by children. For this reason I wasn't bothered about Emperors field until I read this thread yesterday and it was too late!

Does anyone have any experience of this "quiet" camping? Does it exist? Could it be a new thing?

If we end up in one of the other areas we'll be fine, it's not as if we haven't done generic camping before, we've even been to V fffs! Nothing can be worse than that! I just quite liked the idea of it.

The Kendal Calling website suggests that there are 3 areas within the normal camping - 'party' (loud), 'quiet' & 'family'. I liked the idea of there being quiet camping which wasn't family camping as it leads me to think of not being kept awake all night by nobheads, nor being woken early by children. For this reason I wasn't bothered about Emperors field until I read this thread yesterday and it was too late!

Does anyone have any experience of this "quiet" camping? Does it exist? Could it be a new thing?

If we end up in one of the other areas we'll be fine, it's not as if we haven't done generic camping before, we've even been to V fffs! Nothing can be worse than that! I just quite liked the idea of it.

This sounds fine then.

We were thinking we might have a sunshine break abroad in Glastonbury break year, but whilst we could find lots of options in Greece, Spain, Turkey etc, we just couldn't find anything we felt excited about. Finding this has been the first thing this year that has made us go "Yesss!"

We tried Big Chill last year and loved the space, scenery, and smaller scale - looking at the pictures this seems to have everything that Big Chill has going for it, and more. It's not even the line up particularly, I think I've reached the stage that theres no-one I want to see that I haven't seen already - it's about being somewhere where the vibe is right - and I think this is it.

Genuinely excited!

We were in it last year, it was really good - we sat around until reasonably late having a beer and a bit of a laugh, but with no shouting and screaming etc - you could obviously still hear a lot, but it was much more chilled out than other areas.

Having said that I have an emperors field ticket this year, but half our group havn't!

This sounds fine then.

We were thinking we might have a sunshine break abroad in Glastonbury break year, but whilst we could find lots of options in Greece, Spain, Turkey etc, we just couldn't find anything we felt excited about. Finding this has been the first thing this year that has made us go "Yesss!"

We tried Big Chill last year and loved the space, scenery, and smaller scale - looking at the pictures this seems to have everything that Big Chill has going for it, and more. It's not even the line up particularly, I think I've reached the stage that theres no-one I want to see that I haven't seen already - it's about being somewhere where the vibe is right - and I think this is it.

Genuinely excited!

Edited by Flaminglippy