Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Kendal Calling 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2693 replies to this topic

#301 ramragon

ramragon

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

When will tickets be sold by do you reckon? I'm waiting til I get paid to buy mine but bought an emperors field since I know they sell quicker.
Fairly pleased with the lineup so far but could do with a few new bands on the bill, I'll trust we'll get thag on the calling out stage though :)

its hard to say how long they'll last but i reckon it'll be within record time, i think all the good press , weather and word of mouth from last year will have loads of people snapping the tickets up. Was going to say that with glastonbury not being on might make it sell quicker but when you look at a majority of the crowd they were 16 to 20 year old locals so i cant imagine glastonbury having much impact.

the organisers are usually pretty good tipping the fans off with how quick the tickets are selling and how many are left. If you read the facebook banter it does appear that everyone under 22 in the northwest seems to have it down as their annual holiday !

#302 Lillybef

Lillybef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Wow!! Kendal Calling, you have really excelled yourself with this line up! Its taking me back to my late teenage years! James, Inspirals and Shed Seven? Love it!!
Now where did I put my flares, hoodies and kickers? :)

#303 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

Wow!! Kendal Calling, you have really excelled yourself with this line up! Its taking me back to my late teenage years! James, Inspirals and Shed Seven? Love it!!
Now where did I put my flares, hoodies and kickers? :)

ha ha, you sound just like my wife ! she's already debating the 90's curtains haircut as well

#304 Lillybef

Lillybef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

ha ha, you sound just like my wife ! she's already debating the 90's curtains haircut as well

I think that it should be the fancy dress theme. 'The Summer of Love' :)
What do you reckon KC ?

#305 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

I think that it should be the fancy dress theme. 'The Summer of Love' :)
What do you reckon KC ?

sounds good to me, wouldnt take a lot of organising on my behalf,

just open the waldrobe door !

#306 goonerming

goonerming

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

gotta say id be really suprised if there were many more big names to come, agree with the bands on your list though, debating getting tickets for sound of guns for early march when they play up here (although they do seem to play up here every other month !)

saw them supporting detroit social club a few years ago and they were immense, the acadamy crew were a bit annoyed when the lead singer climbed some staging, hopped on the gantry above the bars and wandered around singing about 10 foot up like !

Yeah i was at that gig and seen them a few times since,really good band,Andy the singer likes a good climb, almost every time i've seen them he's been up something,they have a new album out on 5th March which i was lucky to get a early listen to on their tour bus last year, its really good, as is all their work,got tickets to see them at Newcastle and Liverpool,and at the Playground this year.

#307 mammamia27

mammamia27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

To say I'm delighted is an understatment!
Had my tix before christmas just bought my campervan and early entry! Rest of the line up looks fab too! So excited how will I get through the next few months!

Edited by mammamia27, 08 May 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#308 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yeah i was at that gig and seen them a few times since,really good band,Andy the singer likes a good climb, almost every time i've seen them he's been up something,they have a new album out on 5th March which i was lucky to get a early listen to on their tour bus last year, its really good, as is all their work,got tickets to see them at Newcastle and Liverpool,and at the Playground this year.

had tickets to watch them at the cluny late last year as well but has to give mine away as i couldnt get the time off work. Would have snapped the acadamy tickets up but its been an expensive month with kendal, going to black keys in edinburgh and cherry ghost at the cluny as well. Cant see me having the spare cash for it so i'll wait until later in the year, sure they'll be touring when the festival season ends

#309 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

To say I'm delighted is an understatment!
Had my tix before christmas just bought my campervan and early entry! I'm the one in the camper with the giant James daisy on the roof<<<---- come say hi lol
Rest of the line up looks fab too! So excited how will I get through the next few months!

yeah...same here. buzzing!

might put my tent up at the weekend!

#310 Joy division Oven Gloves

Joy division Oven Gloves

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Sounds as if Edwyn Collins might be appearing in Tim Burgess's cafe. It just gets better ! Saw him at the Brudenall in Leeds last year, and he had the room in his hands. Awesome back catalogue, and not afraid to use it

#311 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

yeah...same here. buzzing!

might put my tent up at the weekend!

its just sunk in that the charlatans arent on the card, shame, i had that pencilled in for my toilet and burger break !

you'll be gutted Lippy

#312 comfortablynumb1910

comfortablynumb1910

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Does anyone know if you can buy a day ticket?

#313 dirtymookie

dirtymookie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hey, never been before and thinking of taking my kids for their first festival experience. Anyone give me any info on the festival and it's suitability would be really appreciated. Cheers!

#314 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sounds as if Edwyn Collins might be appearing in Tim Burgess's cafe. It just gets better ! Saw him at the Brudenall in Leeds last year, and he had the room in his hands. Awesome back catalogue, and not afraid to use it

was impressed with edwyn collins the last time i saw him so would be a good addition, i see Nick Heyward of haircut 100 is slated to play the venue as well. we're going back to the early 80's never mind the 90's with that one ! pretty sure i was still going to poxy middleschool discos when love plus one and fantastic day were blaring out the jumping record player !

Edited by ramragon, 23 February 2012 - 10:51 AM.

#315 Joy division Oven Gloves

Joy division Oven Gloves

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Haircut 100, the guilty secret band !

#316 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hey, never been before and thinking of taking my kids for their first festival experience. Anyone give me any info on the festival and it's suitability would be really appreciated. Cheers!

i would suggest buying the empeors field tickets which cost a little more but you can camp close to the car and its more of a quieter family area, they usually sell out on day 1 so if you're going i would suggest grabbing them sooner rather than later.

the festival has a great family atmosphere with a good mix of stages and acts, set in an area thats not too big. they always have a fancy dress on saturday which goes down well.

i took my 11 year old to it last year (first festival for her) and she loved it, she's not the most outgoing but had a really fun time and is excited about going back.

the emperors field is away from the general camping areas where id be dubious about going with her just yet as it seems to be full of every drunken teen in the north west. That apart i didnt see any trouble last year and everyone seemed to enjoy it. It was well stewarded and a fun time from start to finish. It did help that the weather was decent as well.

toilets were the usual festival type, although theyve been improved in the emperors field this year, plus theres a shower block in that area as well which is unuausal for a festival.

for a family first festival id say its pretty perfect, solfests supposed to be a good first family festival as well.

#317 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Does anyone know if you can buy a day ticket?

they dont tend to do day tickets, sorry

#318 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

gotta say its amazing how time have changed, massive a few years ago and loved by loads its amusing to see the universal outcry at Dizzee Rascals inclusion in the line up ! the facebook masses are up in arms

:sarcastic: :sarcastic:

like i said earlier, not somebody i'll go and watch but there are loads of other stages, im sure i'll find someone who does appeal

#319 Nixy

Nixy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

Just got our tickets - ouching a bit at all the booking fees - but other than that well happy - SHED SEVEN! The majority of the line up is a complete blast from my indie past - looking forward to the Tim Burgess bit, sounds like there should be some interesting stuff happening in there.

Now, all we need is last years weather and we're sorted :)

#320 Churchills Mohican

Churchills Mohican

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

ticket bought, well excited :D